• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RJL518

Second Lieutenant
15 Badges
Dec 11, 2002
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
When I create a new fleet..it would be nice to know the combined hull value of the new fleet while on the fleet reorganization box without having to back out and see where you are. I limit my fleets to no more then than ten ships with one screen for every capital ship in the fleet. I usually come up with a value between 0 and 5% stacking penalty...which is pretty good from what i have been reading...but it would still be nice to see the combined value when fleet is being created or reorganized.

When I create a new fleet..it would be nice to know the combined hull value of the new fleet while on the fleet reorganization box without having to back out and see where you are. I limit my fleets to no more then than ten ships with one screen for every capital ship in the fleet. I usually come up with a value between 0 and 5% stacking penalty...which is pretty good from what i have been reading...but it would still be nice to see the combined value when fleet is being created or reorganized.

You and everyone else would LOVE this... but for some reason PI has been ignorant to it :(

I'd settle for just having hull statistic pop up in the tooltip when you hover over the ships in a fleet.

same goes for me...i would also take that information...i wonder why PI doesnt want to put that code into the game...it shouldnt be that hard

The community should compile a list of possible improvements for UI for the 3.06 patch in a separate project/thread (kind of like the CMP). If we are lucky and the changes are reasonable and well motivated we might get a few of the most important ones in. By "whining" about one feature here and there its very likely any cosntructive input will just disappear in the large amount of threads the devs never have time to sift through.

Yeah, would love to have it for both naval and air units

The community should compile a list of possible improvements for UI for the 3.06 patch in a separate project/thread (kind of like the CMP). If we are lucky and the changes are reasonable and well motivated we might get a few of the most important ones in. By "whining" about one feature here and there its very likely any cosntructive input will just disappear in the large amount of threads the devs never have time to sift through.
Good idea, but how do we as a community compile a feasible list? Opening any thread will mean a lot of reactions and whining about issues that are less or not important at all for general game play. Maybe a short list list posted as multiplechoice is the best option???

Good idea, but how do we as a community compile a feasible list? Opening any thread will mean a lot of reactions and whining about issues that are less or not important at all for general game play. Maybe a short list list posted as multiplechoice is the best option???

I think someone should do a compilation list of potential "nominees" by sifting through the existing threads looking for recurring complaints and suggestions that have already been made. Then post that as a candidate list for comment by others, while inviting replies that nominate any issues which had been missed.

I think someone should do a compilation list of potential "nominees" by sifting through the existing threads looking for recurring complaints and suggestions that have already been made. Then post that as a candidate list for comment by others, while inviting replies that nominate any issues which had been missed.

I second that emotion.:D

A couple of people doing that would be a good idea. One or two sifting through the general forum and one or two sifting through the bug and tech support forums.

I am up for it, anyone else?

A couple of people doing that would be a good idea. One or two sifting through the general forum and one or two sifting through the bug and tech support forums.

I think the bug and tech support list should be separate, and it should be posted in the bug forum. After all, that one is (or should!) contain nothing but actual bugfix requests, which presumably are already on the radar.

I am up for it, anyone else?

I'm game for helping out with the general forum. And if nobody steps up for bug and tech by the time we're done then perhaps we could tackle that next.

I think the bug and tech support list should be separate, and it should be posted in the bug forum. After all, that one is (or should!) contain nothing but actual bugfix requests, which presumably are already on the radar.
Well i reckon there is soem info there, but the general forum is gonna be a major job to go through anyway.

I'm game for helping out with the general forum. And if nobody steps up for bug and tech by the time we're done then perhaps we could tackle that next.
Thats two, anyone else?

I assume there is gonna be a first list which is gonna need sifting too. So whats are the criteria to make it on the first list?
Nothing country specific?
No supply issues?
Improvement of current features only?
No map issues (Community Map project is taking care of that)
Threads that have been started after Ftm came out only?

And if we can get group together, do we all sift through all threads or are we gonna make some kind of divide?

Last edited:
I assume there is gonna be a first list which is gonna need sifting too. So whats are the criteria to make it on the first list?

I'd say anything that is posted coherently, so we can tell what exactly is being requested, and which is also posted or endorsed by at least 3 different people.

Nothing country specific?

I'd say this is a good limitation, unless there is something that is just egregious. But I can't think of such a thing that hasn't already been dealt with.

No supply issues?

We could ask. You know and I know it won't do a lick a good since it cannot be really fixed in a patch. But it would placate some of the more rabid critics of the current system to have it on the list, so I think we should just add it as a non-specific improvement request, since that discussion has been had many times and there is no way the devs are unaware of it.

Improvement of current features only?

Definitely. It's a patch-related request so I agree with you that it makes sense to stick to current features.

Threads that have been started after Ftm came out only?

I agree. I don't think we would really need to look back farther than that anyway. Any issue older than that which has not already been re-requested since then is not popular enough to make the list, IMO.

And if we can get group together, do we all sift through all threads or are we gonna make some kind of divide?

I can't think of a decent way to divide this up that wouldn't create more difficulty than it avoids. I'd recommend that we each just go back on our own, compiling a list as we go, and then we send the lists to one person to do a second compile. Then that person can post the list, and everybody else can comment and make further nominations for issues we missed. New nominations that get a decent response can then be edited into the list by whichever of us was the OP for it.

Alright, I'll start with posts dated 28 June 2011 and work my way up. Excel is probably the best way to gather and store information with its sorting and comparison options. I reckon a few keywords and a copy of the link on the list are enough for now.

Been thinking, i reckon a list in excel should haven three columns, keyword, link, postnumber. The latter only if the thread doenst start with the idea itself. After we both have lists we add them together, compare them and mark links we both have, the others need to be checked.

sounds good to me

Been thinking, i reckon a list in excel should haven three columns, keyword, link, postnumber. The latter only if the thread doenst start with the idea itself. After we both have lists we add them together, compare them and mark links we both have, the others need to be checked.

If you have already created an Excel doc, could you post it to an upload site? That way we can all use the same template and make the merging process that much easier at the end. I don't have Excel actually, preferring OpenOffice over paying MS a heap o' cash. But it should work just fine I should think.