+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hull Values

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Hull Values

When I create a new fleet..it would be nice to know the combined hull value of the new fleet while on the fleet reorganization box without having to back out and see where you are. I limit my fleets to no more then than ten ships with one screen for every capital ship in the fleet. I usually come up with a value between 0 and 5% stacking penalty...which is pretty good from what i have been reading...but it would still be nice to see the combined value when fleet is being created or reorganized.
    "I would rather he had given me one more division."
    --Field Marshall Erwin Rommel, after Adolf Hitler promoted him to Field Marshall

"Decisions! And a general, a commander in chief who has not got the quality of decision, then he is no good."
    --Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    --General George S. Patton

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
    --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"We will do all we can to insure peace... but if war is imposed upon us we will be together shoulder to shoulder as in the last war to strive for the happiness of mankind."
    --Marshall of the Soviet Union Georgy Zhukov

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by RJL518 View Post
    When I create a new fleet..it would be nice to know the combined hull value of the new fleet while on the fleet reorganization box without having to back out and see where you are. I limit my fleets to no more then than ten ships with one screen for every capital ship in the fleet. I usually come up with a value between 0 and 5% stacking penalty...which is pretty good from what i have been reading...but it would still be nice to see the combined value when fleet is being created or reorganized.
    You and everyone else would LOVE this... but for some reason PI has been ignorant to it
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

Patiently waiting for HOI3 to be what I hoped it would have been back in '09

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Same for airfleets too, no indication of any stacking penalty even after combining.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

I'd settle for just having hull statistic pop up in the tooltip when you hover over the ships in a fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by CplKatie View Post
    I'd settle for just having hull statistic pop up in the tooltip when you hover over the ships in a fleet.
    same goes for me...i would also take that information...i wonder why PI doesnt want to put that code into the game...it shouldnt be that hard
    --Field Marshall Erwin Rommel, after Adolf Hitler promoted him to Field Marshall

"Decisions! And a general, a commander in chief who has not got the quality of decision, then he is no good."

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

"We will do all we can to insure peace... but if war is imposed upon us we will be together shoulder to shoulder as in the last war to strive for the happiness of mankind."

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

Think of all the little things that can make the game better if modders and average people could modify tooltips.

The community should compile a list of possible improvements for UI for the 3.06 patch in a separate project/thread (kind of like the CMP). If we are lucky and the changes are reasonable and well motivated we might get a few of the most important ones in. By "whining" about one feature here and there its very likely any cosntructive input will just disappear in the large amount of threads the devs never have time to sift through.
    Top 5 wish list:

1) Make DOWs and naval combats default pop-up messages. Add a separate air vs. naval bmbing pop-up message.
    2) Upgradable Soviet Guards (and elite MEC+ARM units)
    3) Limit GOI's
    4) Improve forts, engineer construction missions to get in line with the rest of the detail in the game.
    5) Dissent/threat hit for refusing trade of surplus resources when one/both of the parties are at peace to avoid resource starving pre-war strategies in MP.

HoI AnthologyDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by RJL518 View Post
    Yeah, would love to have it for both naval and air units

HoI AnthologyDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by juv95hrn View Post
    The community should compile a list of possible improvements for UI for the 3.06 patch in a separate project/thread (kind of like the CMP). If we are lucky and the changes are reasonable and well motivated we might get a few of the most important ones in. By "whining" about one feature here and there its very likely any cosntructive input will just disappear in the large amount of threads the devs never have time to sift through.
    Good idea, but how do we as a community compile a feasible list? Opening any thread will mean a lot of reactions and whining about issues that are less or not important at all for general game play. Maybe a short list list posted as multiplechoice is the best option???
    “The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”
    =Winston Churchill=

“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”
    =Martin Luther King Jr.=

“The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.”
    =Thucydides=

Convicted Drive-by Poster Pro_Consul's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Oof View Post
    Good idea, but how do we as a community compile a feasible list? Opening any thread will mean a lot of reactions and whining about issues that are less or not important at all for general game play. Maybe a short list list posted as multiplechoice is the best option???
    I think someone should do a compilation list of potential "nominees" by sifting through the existing threads looking for recurring complaints and suggestions that have already been made. Then post that as a candidate list for comment by others, while inviting replies that nominate any issues which had been missed.
    An Englishman thinks a hundred miles is a long way. An American thinks a hundred years is a long time. I am beginning to think a hundred dollars is a lot of money. Two of these facts are interesting. All of them are revealing. But only one of them is truly pathetic.

Member of the Ahistoric Association

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Consul View Post
    I think someone should do a compilation list of potential "nominees" by sifting through the existing threads looking for recurring complaints and suggestions that have already been made. Then post that as a candidate list for comment by others, while inviting replies that nominate any issues which had been missed.
    I second that emotion.

A couple of people doing that would be a good idea. One or two sifting through the general forum and one or two sifting through the bug and tech support forums.

I am up for it, anyone else?
    “The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”
    =Winston Churchill=

“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”
    =Martin Luther King Jr.=

“The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.”
    =Thucydides=

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions

A couple of people doing that would be a good idea. One or two sifting through the general forum and one or two sifting through the bug and tech support forums.
    I think the bug and tech support list should be separate, and it should be posted in the bug forum. After all, that one is (or should!) contain nothing but actual bugfix requests, which presumably are already on the radar.

I am up for it, anyone else?
    I'm game for helping out with the general forum. And if nobody steps up for bug and tech by the time we're done then perhaps we could tackle that next.
    An Englishman thinks a hundred miles is a long way. An American thinks a hundred years is a long time. I am beginning to think a hundred dollars is a lot of money. Two of these facts are interesting. All of them are revealing. But only one of them is truly pathetic.

I think the bug and tech support list should be separate, and it should be posted in the bug forum. After all, that one is (or should!) contain nothing but actual bugfix requests, which presumably are already on the radar.
    Well i reckon there is soem info there, but the general forum is gonna be a major job to go through anyway.

I'm game for helping out with the general forum. And if nobody steps up for bug and tech by the time we're done then perhaps we could tackle that next.
    Thats two, anyone else?

I assume there is gonna be a first list which is gonna need sifting too. So whats are the criteria to make it on the first list?
    Nothing country specific?
    No supply issues?
    Improvement of current features only?
    No map issues (Community Map project is taking care of that)
    Threads that have been started after Ftm came out only?

And if we can get group together, do we all sift through all threads or are we gonna make some kind of divide?
    Last edited by Oof; 22-12-2011 at 20:03.

I assume there is gonna be a first list which is gonna need sifting too. So whats are the criteria to make it on the first list?
    I'd say anything that is posted coherently, so we can tell what exactly is being requested, and which is also posted or endorsed by at least 3 different people.

Nothing country specific?
    I'd say this is a good limitation, unless there is something that is just egregious. But I can't think of such a thing that hasn't already been dealt with.

No supply issues?
    We could ask. You know and I know it won't do a lick a good since it cannot be really fixed in a patch. But it would placate some of the more rabid critics of the current system to have it on the list, so I think we should just add it as a non-specific improvement request, since that discussion has been had many times and there is no way the devs are unaware of it.

Improvement of current features only?
    Definitely. It's a patch-related request so I agree with you that it makes sense to stick to current features.

Threads that have been started after Ftm came out only?
    I agree. I don't think we would really need to look back farther than that anyway. Any issue older than that which has not already been re-requested since then is not popular enough to make the list, IMO.

And if we can get group together, do we all sift through all threads or are we gonna make some kind of divide?
    I can't think of a decent way to divide this up that wouldn't create more difficulty than it avoids. I'd recommend that we each just go back on our own, compiling a list as we go, and then we send the lists to one person to do a second compile. Then that person can post the list, and everybody else can comment and make further nominations for issues we missed. New nominations that get a decent response can then be edited into the list by whichever of us was the OP for it.

Alright, I'll start with posts dated 28 June 2011 and work my way up. Excel is probably the best way to gather and store information with its sorting and comparison options. I reckon a few keywords and a copy of the link on the list are enough for now.

Been thinking, i reckon a list in excel should haven three columns, keyword, link, postnumber. The latter only if the thread doenst start with the idea itself. After we both have lists we add them together, compare them and mark links we both have, the others need to be checked.

sounds good to me

Been thinking, i reckon a list in excel should haven three columns, keyword, link, postnumber. The latter only if the thread doenst start with the idea itself. After we both have lists we add them together, compare them and mark links we both have, the others need to be checked.
    If you have already created an Excel doc, could you post it to an upload site? That way we can all use the same template and make the merging process that much easier at the end. I don't have Excel actually, preferring OpenOffice over paying MS a heap o' cash. But it should work just fine I should think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast