+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: NOpoleon - Alternate history, sans Napoleon

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Got it, they all work now

Mod Project:
    Napoleon, without him how would the world have looked in 1836? Your contribution could help determine it. Join the conversation/crew of the NOpoleon Alternate History Mod for Vicky 2.

Progress Report:

The history files (province and country wise, not so much pops and units) are complete.
    Now i'm going around trying to add in decisions and events to add flavor, challenge and fun to different countries (at which I seem to be failing miserably).
    After the above is complete I will go about balancing pops and industry before releasing a beta (as far as an alpha goes.. maybe if it is requested?).

But now on to the point. As I mentioned above I am failing at making decisions and such. It seems the only things I have succeeded at are things I copied directly from other events and decisions (of which there is one). I REALLY need help. I know I said before that I could handle it myself... well, that's been proven false. If anyone out there cares to help out or has any ideas about how/where I could get help it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who helps out will get a cut of the profits we aren't going to make and a big fancy their name in a .txt file.

Mod Project:
    Napoleon, without him how would the world have looked in 1836? Your contribution could help determine it. Join the conversation/crew of the NOpoleon Alternate History Mod for Vicky 2.

Two more sneak peaks, had kind of a melt-down yesterday, but i'm rolling again. Could still us help with two or three things though.

v24s.png
    RETURN OF THE EAST INDIE COMPANIES II, MONEY, WITH A VENGEANCE

v26r.png
    Screenshot taken during the Turkish Civil War.

Mod Project:

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I'm going to Grammar Nazi all over this for a sec. You shouldn't end titles with periods since, well, they're titles. Likewise, important words should be capitalized such as "Concessions" in the first screenshot. Next, "Our East Indie company..." should be "The Dutch East India Company..." since its the name of a company. Lastly, the response "Of Course" should have a lowercase "C" and then end in a period; this is not a title. Its a response, as in "Want to go to the mall?" "Of course."

As for the map in the background, I'm not sure that Panjab and the rest of the Pakistan would be independent if both the Mughal Empire and Maratha Confederacy still existed. Also, why don't the British control Bombay?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    I'm going to Grammar Nazi all over this for a sec. You shouldn't end titles with periods since, well, they're titles. Likewise, important words should be capitalized such as "Concessions" in the first screenshot. Next, "Our East Indie company..." should be "The Dutch East India Company..." since its the name of a company. Lastly, the response "Of Course" should have a lowercase "C" and then end in a period; this is not a title. Its a response, as in "Want to go to the mall?" "Of course."

As for the map in the background, I'm not sure that Panjab and the rest of the Pakistan would be independent if both the Mughal Empire and Maratha Confederacy still existed. Also, why don't the British control Bombay?
    With the Pakistan thing, I'm going to fix it.

Portugal owns Bombay.

As a side note we are never taught English where I live, not to mention I have trouble with capitalizing random letter when I type.

Mod Project:

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Heroicnoodles View Post
    I really would like to be historically accurate but givig Luisianna to spain would really throught the game off. Seeing as I based so much off their rebellion from France, currently their rebellion bankrupts France, which in turn leads to quite a few other key things. So I need something else to fill this slot if I am to give Louisiana to Spain. That also raises the question of who will own them in 1836,Mexico, or would they be autonomous?
    You want French Louisiana? You need a war between France and Spain to weaken the latter and having independent South America?
    *wink-wink nudge-nudge*

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Portugal owns Bombay.
    So I noticed. Anyway, if you wanted to significantly shrink the British Empire and weaken it to such an extent, I'd go an extent further and say the union between England and Scotland never happened. Rather than simply give British colonies to other powers, I'd shuffle deck and swap Dutch, French, and Spanish colonies too. In particular, Dutch Indo-Australia is way too big, so I would expand Portugal's influence in Indonesia, give Java to somebody else, give Dutch the whole of Australia*, give North Island to somebody else (possibly Scotland), give Tasmania to Britain, give to southern tip of India to France, give Nova Scotia to Scotland, and give Newfoundland to France. I can give you a map detailing what I mean. Overall, it would look a little crude if you simply swapped all British colonies for Dutch/French/Spanish ones and the current setup makes the Dutch in particularly very large and overly powerful in Indonesia.

*I recommend against putting more than one power on Australia proper. Its borders are way too artificial, and this would make things messy late-game. However, I saw that you asked somebody about the New Holland mod. If you planned to make New Holland an independent nation from start, I'd definitely support that decision in an attempt to balance power a bit more.

Code:
    country_event = {
    	id = 9008
    	title = "Consolidation of the Holry Roman Empire"
    	desc = "One of the staes in the Holy Roman Empire has become so closely 

alligned to us that it is possible to consilidate controll over them."
    	picture = "monarchy"

trigger = {
    		or = {
    			tag = AUS
    			tag = KUK
    		}
    	}

Option = {
    		name = "Only a fool would deny such an opportunity"
    		prestige = 8
    		any_country = {
    			limit = {
    				or = {
    					primary_culture = south_german
    					primary_culture = north_german
    					primary_culture = north_italian
    				}
    				in_sphere = THIS
    				NOT = {
    					tag = THIS
    				}
    			}
    			annex_to = THIS
    		}
    	}
    }
    How could I make it so that this event (or one similar seeing as I may or may not use this) does not fire repeatedly, but only when necessary?

Mod Project:

Blog Entries
    You have two issues here. The first is that the trigger is simply being Austria or Austria-Hungary. This means so long as Austria is Austria, then the event will fire repeatedly until Austria stops being Austria. The second is that you have no mean time to happen (MttH). MttHs are set to make an event fire once every X days or months if the trigger conditions are met and then are modified if additional conditions are met. Since you have no MttH, I suspect that the game reads this as fire instantly. Combine this with the first problem, and you have an event that fires everyday until Austria stops being Austria.

just added a new event, game crashed when loading events. What did I do?

Mod Project:

Blog Entries
    just added a new event, game crashed when loading events. What did I do?
    One can infer that you added an event that doesn't work. You'd need to post the event if you want to know exactly what went wrong.

Code:
    country_event = {
    	id = 9009
    	title = "The Emporer declares unification of the Holy Roman Empire""
    	desc = "A glorious day in European history, people throughout central europe under the rein of the Holy Roman Empire have taken to the streets in joy and excitement as the emporer has declared hat under his reign the Holy Roman Empire has been united. The festivals are a sight and today is a day that will surely mark the beginning  of a new era."
    	picture = "danishgovernment"

major = yes

trigger = {
    		war = no
    		not = {
    			exists = HRE
    			exists = GER
    		}
    		or = {
    			tag = AUS
    			tag = KUK

}
    		or = {
    			AUS = {
    				own_province = 549								own_province = 619								own_province = 726
    				own_province = 599
    				own_province = 534
    				own_province = 559
    				own_province = 564
    				own_province = 569
    				own_province = 570
    			}
    			KUK = {
    				own_province = 549								own_province = 619								own_province = 726
    				own_province = 599
    				own_province = 534
    				own_province = 559
    				own_province = 564
    				own_province = 569
    				own_province = 570
    			}
    		}
    	}

fire_only_once = yes

option = {
    		name = "A day of glory"
    		change_tag = HRE
    		prestige = 50
    		any_province = {
    			limit = {
    				or = {
    					primary_culure = north_german
    					primary_culure = south_german
    					primary_culure = north_italian
    				}
    			add_core = HRE
    		}
    	}
    }

Mod Project:

Code:
    political_decisions = {
    	Declare_HRE = {
    		potential = {
    			or = {
    				tag = KUK
    				tag = AUS
    			}
    		}
    		allow = {
    			war = no
    			not = {
    				exists = HRE
    				exists = GER
    			}
    			or = {
    				tag = AUS
    				tag = KUK

}
    			or = {
    				AUS = {
    					own_province = 549				

own_province = 619				

own_province = 726
    					own_province = 599
    					own_province = 534
    					own_province = 559
    					own_province = 564
    					own_province = 569
    					own_province = 570
    				}
    				KUK = {
    					own_province = 549				

own_province = 619				

own_province = 726
    					own_province = 599
    					own_province = 534
    					own_province = 559
    					own_province = 564
    					own_province = 569
    					own_province = 570
    				}
    			}
    		}

effect = {
    			change_tag = HRE
    			prestige = 50
    			any_province = {
    				limit = {
    					or = {
    					}
    				}
    				add_core = HRE
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    Changed the event to be a decision, it works but it does not add cores. Help please? I tried redoing the code in like 4 different ways, none worked.

Mod Project:

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Code:
    political_decisions = {
    	Declare_HRE = {
    		potential = {
    			or = {
    				tag = KUK
    				tag = AUS
    			}
    		}
    		allow = {
    			war = no
    			not = {
    				exists = HRE
    				exists = GER
    			}
    			or = {
    				tag = AUS
    				tag = KUK

}
    			or = {
    				AUS = {
    					own_province = 549				

own_province = 619				

own_province = 726
    					own_province = 599
    					own_province = 534
    					own_province = 559
    					own_province = 564
    					own_province = 569
    					own_province = 570
    				}
    				KUK = {
    					own_province = 549				

own_province = 619				

own_province = 726
    					own_province = 599
    					own_province = 534
    					own_province = 559
    					own_province = 564
    					own_province = 569
    					own_province = 570
    				}
    			}
    		}

effect = {
    			change_tag = HRE
    			prestige = 50
    			any_province = {
    				limit = {
    					or = {
    					}
    				}
    				add_core = HRE
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    Changed the event to be a decision, it works but it does not add cores. Help please? I tried redoing the code in like 4 different ways, none worked.
    Isn't "add_core" out of the "limit" brackets?

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I think its any_owned instead of any_province
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

No aristocrats and no RGO? Help please?

Mod Project:

Blog Entries
    No aristocrats and no RGO? Help please?
    The game code does not read the last character of a province file so there must be a blank line beneath it or else you'll end up with an invalid good and no aristocrats to regulate the trade of that good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    The game code does not read the last character of a province file so there must be a blank line beneath it or else you'll end up with an invalid good and no aristocrats to regulate the trade of that good.
    Thanks a lot, I have a good bit of these to fix now XD

Mod Project:

I'm thinking about releasing an alpha with all the history written up and such, but I don't want to use the same thread, can I make another one or no?

Mod Project:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6