• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

admsim20

Recruit
52 Badges
Mar 6, 2007
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Iron Cross
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
Here is a link to the original by Moxs602: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?531865-The-Road-to-Doom-s-Day-1936-1999

The content is still up for the HOI2 map and is playable. It is not updated for DH 1.02!!!!!!!!

I will try to keep everyone updated, but I WILL NOT post any time frames for completion nor will I be able to update this thread on a regular basis. U can comment, make suggestions and offer your help. I welcome all of that.

So with that said, my primary focus is to do the map conversion and fix the ton of errors and needless files that are included with this mod. I am not focusing on doing any of the extended game play Mox eluded to in the original thread at this time. Once the conversion is done and the issues resolved, I will let all of you know if/when any mod time line extensions will be done.

Status so far:

Conversion to DH 1.02: Done
Country files conversion: Done
AI files(both in AI main and db): Done
Event files: Working on it
Tech tree tweeking: Still to be done
General mod cleanup: Still to be done

This is my first attempt and doing this so it will not be fast or easy. I ask for your patience and understanding that I do have other things going on other than this mod. If anyone has any work done on this or has some interesting events or code already done for this, let me know so it can save me or you time in doing this or future projects.

I will make this one promise; at any point I can no longer work on this I will update this thread telling all of you that it is dead and will offer to forward all I have done to anyone who wishes to continue this on their own.

Good Stuff!

Please download WIF and use the basic, common event files (common to all hoi2-based game).. as the province ID's are done..
OR if you want, tell me what batch of events you want me to convert, and I'll start it in the morning, probably have it done by evening...
OR tell me what you want done rightaway...

First, I have to say hats off to you and good luck. You deserve respect to take up Moxs's such ambitious work and you will need all the luck and support you can get. I've been following Moxs's mod for a while, but never really could participate as I am already participating in too much mods for my own sake...
Now second, like said I am still rather busy but I can offer you any modding instruction would want (complementary to what the DH modding files can teach) so you wont need to 'waste time' to self learn all the basics.

I strongly recommend scrapping the 1790 scenario work, that is (let's face it) rather unrealistic in imagining it ever to be completed.

Seconded, move it back to 1897(or 1890?) instead, and end it at 2000.

Also I've restarted the project myself, gonna post a tech tree later.

Should we merge the two threads if admsim20 wants to join?

Agree with the merge.

I don't know if you guys merged your projects, but I hope so :) If you need help I can do some research and I'm also capable of writing some events. But i warn you: I have to learn for my exams, so I may not be that productive, but if I have time i can dedicate it to RDD ^^

He hasn't really kept to that promise it seems....

I wouldn't say that T.j... moxs did some great work with that mod. Pity it died.

admsim20 also states that he did some work, so I've PM'd him to see if he is still interested.

I'm just sniffing around, wondering if I'll bother with doing or taking up another mod... lot of work... As FT said once: "you need a plan, an idea..." not just doing a mod for doing-a-mod-sake...

But RDD was a good mod before DH1.02 map.

I just wonder if any of the new mods up and running now, are covering the same time period, and doing a better job??

Your thoughts (as I DON'T know) appreciated...

Does anyone know where the original RDD is posted? I can't find it in the HoI II forum.

I assume it can be simply ported to DH Lite with the modding files included with DH.

Anything with RDD in it's title is doomed to fail...

ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png

looking forward to this.
ggm