• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SpaceViking

General
26 Badges
Apr 30, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I know that in the actual war Turkey closed it to combatants but it would be interesting to have an option as Russia to pressure or bribe Turkey to allow shipping or perhaps shipping + warships. Maybe the shipping-only option could have a higher chance of succeeding. That might allow Sevastapol to survive as a fortress city (think Leningrad) even if the port to the east falls.

I wonder if submarines could actually slip through? In the game they can't.

I doubt the Turks are so blind they could have entire submarine squadrons slip through right under their largest(?) city.
I also doubt the game mechanics allows in-game alteration of passage rights for Bosphorus. Furthermore Turkey letting Soviets through would be pretty much declaration of war on the Axis.

If the Soviet manged to stage a coup in Turkey so it became pro Soviet maybe there could be an event for that.

I dunno. The Swedes managed to stay neutral in the war despite it flaring literally all around them. They transported German soldiers, traded ore to the Germans, and yet gave refuge and training to Norwegians fleeing the German occupation. Maybe the Turks would do something similar; allow the Russian transports through but ignore a few German UBoats that slip in.

BTW, the Germans did get some UBoats into the Black Sea by transporting them down rivers.

Why not just attack the Turks as the Soviets and annex or puppetise them whilst the Germans try to flank you in the north? You may even reach sofia from the south by the time the Germans can stop your stab in the back. And of course you can reclaim Kars :).

I dunno. The Swedes managed to stay neutral in the war despite it flaring literally all around them. They transported German soldiers, traded ore to the Germans, and yet gave refuge and training to Norwegians fleeing the German occupation. Maybe the Turks would do something similar; allow the Russian transports through but ignore a few German UBoats that slip in.

BTW, the Germans did get some UBoats into the Black Sea by transporting them down rivers.
Too complicated IMO. Sweden was surrounded by Axis powers (and mind you, Finland also was neutrally helping Germans but then joined Barbarossa by a later decision) while Turkey has all the three alliances roaming around it. Letting Soviets have any advantage over Turkey places Bulgaria and other Axis Balkan territories at great risk, while assisting Axis places the Caucasus at a great risk and allows potential use of Turkey as a bridge to Iraq and Syria.