+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sands of Time" — Sundays, 20:00 CET

"Sands of Time" Sundays, 20:00 CET (NEED SUB)

I would like to play a multiplayer game but with only four or six players.
    This game will be open for newbie players and for those who have play some games. (no pro please )

The game will start Sunday the 8th January 20:30 CET (GMT +1) and scession will be 3 hours long.

Version:
    BJLT

GM
    I will be the GM for this game.

Options:
    All normal, inflation on and lucky nation random.

Hamachi
    We will use Hamachi for connection and chat.

Rules

Absences:
    If a player won't be able to play a scession, he must notify it to the GM. If it's possible, he should try to find a substitute. Otherwise the nation will be in the hands of the AI.
    If a player miss 2 scession without notify it, he will be removed from the game.

Alliances:

As we are four or six players it's forbidden to make an all vs one war, meaning that a 3 players vs 1 player won't be allowed in this game whatever the number of AI nation involve in it.

General and peace rules:

-Do not wreck your nation. No mass-releasing of vassals out of spite, and no refusing to peace for no reason other than pettiness.
    -Releasing and reconquering vassals on which you have a core in order to burn infamy.
    -Selling or donating manufactories, CoTs or missionaries to other players.
    -Selling provinces to another player for the sole purpose of said province being removed from the Empire and then returned.
    -Selling provinces when the buyer can't see said province and/or has no discovered path to access it
    -During an alliance war, the leader cannot make a peace without the agreement of all his allies.
    -Never make a peace treaty of more than 100 warscore.
    -It's forbidden to declare war the first day of the game.

Keep in mind that this is just a list of examples, it does not mean every other exploits are allowed.

Post your top 5 preferred countries if you are interested in joining.

Players:
    Hagbard00 ==> Great Britain
    Ashalia (GM)==> Spain
    Tongera ==> Prussia
    Iskallinn ==> Mameluks

2nd List :

Next session will be at 20h00 CET the 6th May, until 23h00 CET.
    Last edited by ashalia; 06-05-2012 at 19:33.

- Castille
    - Austria
    - Portugal
    - France
    - Venice

Also, I would recommend adding a few more than 4 players to make things more interesting. 6 - 10 is ideal.
    Last edited by King Goober; 19-12-2011 at 04:31.

Ok we will see what think the other future players about that

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

- Ottomans
    - France
    - Moscowy
    - Timurids
    - England

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Turning inflation off is a REALLY bad idea. Also, why limit yourself to 4 players?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

In many games i saw the AI incapable of managing inflation. So i play with very hard settings without inflation in solo campaign.
    As it will be my first multiplayer game i prefer put normal settings.

Please leave inflation on. Otherwise it will be abused.

Inflation kill AI in most of my solo campaign with hard settings, so i won't. If you don't like to play without inflation, look for another game

Quote Originally Posted by ashalia View Post
    Inflation kill AI in most of my solo campaign with hard settings
    You're right the AI destroy themselves with inflation.

But AI aren't the important part in Multiplayer game, the human players are. Inflation will keep everyone in line and will add more strategy to the game.

If you don't like to play without inflation, look for another game
    Fair enough.

But most players, pro and newbs won't play with no inflation, it loses the feel of Europa Universalis. Its important to work with your players to ensure the most fun in your game.

Quote Originally Posted by King Goober View Post
    You're right the AI destroy themselves with inflation.

But AI aren't the important part in Multiplayer game, the human players are. Inflation will keep everyone in line and will add more strategy to the game.
    I would like to make a multiplayer game with only 4 players (maybe a few more) but in this case AI will (i think) be important. I agree with you that in a large multiplayer we must play with inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by King Goober View Post
    But most players, pro and newbs won't play with no inflation, it loses the feel of Europa Universalis. Its important to work with your players to ensure the most fun in your game.
    I agree with that too, i'm ok if we play with more players, or settings in hard or very hard. But for the inflation i won't change my mind with 4/6 players there...

I would like to make a multiplayer game with only 4 players (maybe a few more) but in this case AI will (i think) be important. I agree with you that in a large multiplayer we must play with inflation.

I agree with that too, i'm ok if we play with more players, or settings in hard or very hard. But for the inflation i won't change my mind with 4/6 players there...
    You are right. With only 4-6 players, the AI will be VERY important. But having more players would be more fun. I am a firm believer in "the more the merrier" so do you think opening the game up to more players would make it more interesting.

Well maybe but for my first multiplayer game there i would like to play with only a few players.. i'm sorry if you don't like this idea.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

As always I'd like to advice against the use of Hamachi. Most routers can easily be configured to use direct IP connections and EU3 multiplayer is already unstable enough as it is. Play it's made by an evil company.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

- England
    - Holland
    - Austria
    - Ottomans
    - Portugal

Corporal
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hello.

France
    Burgandy (if not France)
    Byzantium (if no Ottoman)
    Venice (if no other Italians)
    Teutonic Order

Excellent, we've got 5 players already.

Yes,
    i think just one player more will be ok.

I would like to know the point of view of each about inflation. I consider it's better to turn it off when we are less than 8 players because of the AI (and i don't want to play with more than 6 players) but if all of you want to turn on it, i will agree.
    Same for settings : normal/hard/very hard?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think that inflation should be turned on. Inflation usually hits big nations and if we play with most of them it shouldn't be a problem. Other big nations that we won't control will probably get destroyed before they could get inflation problem. So I'm for inflation and normal difficulty.

But I'm fine with whatever options will be.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Scotland
    The Hansa
    Brittany
    Holland
    Milan

Doskido are you sure to want taking Scotland as first choice? One player will have England.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast