• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1850 to 1860 - An Overview​

As another ten incompetence filled years draw to a close here is an overview of Sokoto as she enters the new decade.

Sokoto now sits proudly ranked as the fifth strongest power in the world, her pink clad troops having transformed her into a civilised Great Power in the last decade.

O2-1.jpg

A fact which clearly worries the rest of the international community as they are currently pretending Austria is instead the fifth ranked power despite her lesser score.

O2-2.jpg

With many nations unable to match Sokoto's high prestige, her fashionably dressed armies having won Sokoto much glory, jealously is evidently the reason for this underhanded cheating in the rankings.

[Also note Persia is listed as belonging within my sphere. This is rather vexing as it means I am unable to nab anymore lands from her for the time being, hopefully someone takes her from my sphere soon. What makes it all the more vexing is that I am quite sure I never added her to my sphere, thus how this happened I have no idea. Well, I'm reasonably certain I didn't add her. Slightly certain. Ish.]

Sokoto's population has near doubled over the last decade.

O2-3.jpg

This a result of conquest, the continued attraction of a pink uniform to women and the widespread use of romantic Sokot poetry, such as the famed 'Let me besiege your heart for 792 nights' and 'Shall I compare thee to a moderately attractive flower?', keeping birth rates high.

Despite having produced the gifted General Kanajeji Abasama, the Sokoto army has remained true to the long established policy of attempting to recruit only the most useless of officers. Bumbling incompetence having long been proven to be a losing strategy. Uh, a winning strategy that is.

O2-4.jpg

The impressively useless Baba Rumfa the most recent officer to join the army after a hugely excited recruiting officer was told Rumfa was a 'man sucker'. Even after this slight mistake was rectified, the recruiting officer remained surprisingly happy at having recruited someone who sucks manfully. With such officers the Sokoto army remains a much laughed at force. That is, with such officers the Sokoto army remains a much dreaded force.

The political landscape within Sokoto has changed considerably over the last decade as ever greater numbers of both the population and the Upper House become increasingly liberal.

O2-5.jpg

Alongside this the government have passed a raft of political reforms as they continue their drive towards greater freedom and democracy within Sokoto. The government striving towards these noble goals out of a selfless desire to bring about a change for good. It remains entirely untrue that said reforms have actually been passed solely to save the government from revolution.

Sokoto's economy is booming due to her conquest of rich lands, the unsurprising continued popularity of her mud based wine and her continued lucrative lending to former foes such as the Ottomans.

O2-6.jpg

However with high spending in defence, education and administration there is considerable worry from many of the public that this money is being wasted. This because many of the public feel youngsters these days are being mollycoddled with actual teachers, textbooks, army uniforms and weapons being paid for with the cash. They wish for a return to the good, old days when young Sokot children had to educate themselves with whatever came to hand, this most usually a couple of twigs and some mud, and young Sokot adults would have to head off to war wearing nothing more than a large sack for a uniform, whilst wielding a rusty farm tool as a weapon.

In news which gives hope for the many conquered by Sokoto her primary culture of Hausa remains a distinct minority within the nation.

O2-7.jpg

It thus remaining a much wished for possibility within Sokoto that the incompetent Hausa may be replaced by one of the many more numerous nationalities at some point in the future.

Due to Sokoto's excellent education system, from which almost 1% of students now pass exams in basic reading, writing and numeracy, Sokoto has made considerable technological progress over the last decade.

O2-8.jpg

Literacy now at an astonishingly high 14.6% as the 'Conquer Your Way To A Better Literacy Rate' strategy, alongside Sokoto's wonderful schooling, continues to prove highly effective.

[Literacy shot up from 9% to 14.6% after conquering the two Italian provinces. Which shows simpy annexing your way to better literacy truly does work!]

There has been considerable change in the world over the last decade.

O2-9.jpg

France emerged successful from her war against Spain, gaining Catalonia for herself. Britain and Russia have been busy in central Asia, conquering parts of Bukkhara, Afghanistan and Kokand between them, with Britain also taking land from China. The CSA has emerged, currently losing her war against the USA rather badly. Most importantly and shockingly of all the poor nations of north Africa remain in the grip of oppressive European conquerors.

These wholly unjustified conquests of sovereign nations throughout the last decade utterly dismay Sokoto, such warmongering clearly deplorable. In contrast Sokoto has remained a nation which always attempts to act in the most peaceful manner possible, only occasionally liberating a few nations from oppressive rule via annexation into the glorious Sokoto Empire when forced to.

O2-10.jpg

As Sokoto has continued to grow in strength throughout the last decade a horrified world can only fear what her incompetence will achieve in the next ten years.

One thing is for certain though, Sokoto need gain far more infamy.

O2-11.jpg

ah tis a terrible fate to be strangled with tagliatelle. Am now more reassured as I realise that unlike us mere mortals you have no interest at all in infamy control &/or reduction, well this could be a chance to explore just what the highest possible levels that can be reached are

when do you intend to actually work over Britain and France?

edit - ah I'd not seen the second post, they actually aren't that far ahead of you in terms of military score. So easy then?

This AAR is grand
not at all bland
penned by the hand
of Scotland
or someone from there.

Okay, it fell apart at the end there, but I hope to one day reach the the glorious, pink tinged heights of Sokoto's poets.

How did I miss this grand AAR? Anyway, I have found it now, and the poetry is awe inspiring.

Southern Spain and more Portuguese Africa next, along with more Balkans?

Atheism discovered as the many people conquered by Sokoto begin to doubt the existance of God after having been defeated by so incompetent a nation.

:rofl: The Scots don't seem so bad anymore now do they?

I can't wait for the next update. Will the border with British Malta put an end to the Sokoto dream?

The borders with France and the UK are inevitable in the long run as they'll start the scramble for Africa before you can colonise it all, but the later it happens the better... I agree with naggy, go for the low-hanging fruit first before it's too late :)

Thank you profusely for the replies!

loki100 - The military score is rather deceptive. A considerable amount of my current score comes from my officers, the majority of which are, uhm, well, about as good as you'd expect for Sokoto! I do have a large standing army though, however I can only mobilise a mere nineteen brigades at present (something I'd rather avoid doing at all costs anyway), whereas the rest of the GPs can mobilise hundreds of brigades in most cases. Thus whilst I'm nearing parity in terms of my military score, there is quite a way to go yet.

Typing this though, I will more than likely declare war upon France and/or Britain at some point within the next decade (unless they declare against me first!). Africa is not going to 'liberate' itself!

Omen - There can be no doubt,
Your poetry has real clout,
However like the great Kabe senior your last lines flout,
The need to rhyme throughout,
You rank on par with him though thus consider yourself an honourary Sokot poet! Uhm...-out.

naggy - Thank you for the kind words (your bribe is en route!).

Pereceptive as ever! I am going for Spain and more of the Balkans in this update, sadly I cannot 'liberate' any of Portugal's lands for the foreseeable future though as she has been added to Britain's sphere.

Tanzhang (譚張) - The Scots always seem bad! Sokoto is a veritable paradise in comparison to Scotland!

As detailed before, I was very worried about a possible border with British held Malta myself, but thankfully there is no strait linking the island to Sicily thus I escape war with Britain! For now anyway.

aldriq - Said low hanging fruit is being well and truly gathered up! I do plan on attacking Britain and France before too long though (which will likely bring about the sudden end of this AAR).

Chapter Sixteen - Nobody Expects Spanish Incompetence!​

Sokoto's diplomats approach their next task with great enthusiasm. For once they are not delivering a decleration of war, instead some subtelty is called for as they attempt to have France's ambassadors banned from Spain. The only slight problem is that the Sokot diplomats are about as subtle as a slap in the face with a wet kipper. Their cunning plan is to have the French ambassadors banned by writing a note to the Spanish government stating;

"Dear uselessly useless Spain,

We will conquer you again soon you puny weaklings! Your army is as nothing compared to true powers such as Sokoto, thus prepare for war! Or, uhm, better yet, don't prepare since that will make things much easier for us.

Love, France."

UP16-1.jpg

This ploy working well, the French ambassadors are promptly banned by Spain, but not before learning it was Sokoto's diplomats to blame for this. Sokoto's terrified diplomats are quite unsure as to how the French ambassadors were able to identify them as the ones who wrote the note. They made sure to cover their tracks whilst engaging in this espionage, doing all they could to keep themselves anonymous whilst carrying out this smear attack. All that is apart from refaining from using Sokoto government stationery, including official government addressed paper.

Whilst preparations are made for war the government receives some pleasing reports from Asyut a few months later, where locals and Sokot academics have finally hit upon a system of translation for road signs which leaves both groups satisfied.

UP16-3.jpg

Some Asyut locals helping the academics translate road names from the local tongue into the Hausa equivalent so that roads such as 'North Street' and 'Main Road' become 'Cursethehausa Street' and 'Promoterebellion Road'.

With translation problems finally sorted Sokoto's academics finish the research into 'Muzzle-loaded Rifles' a month later.

UP16-4.jpg

The army satisfied that the new rifles provide the stopping power for far greater friendly fire casaulties. Research is instantly begun into 'Breech-loaded Rifles' as the new muzzle-loaded rifles prove slightly too proficient in causing friendly fire casaulties, too many soldiers accidentally pulling the trigger whilst attempting to load their rifles with regrettable results. With nearly half the troops soon wounded the army reluctantly requests the safer breech-loading design researched.

The government is left hugely shocked by reports that a Misri nationalist has spoken out against Sokoto, the young man declaring Sokoto a deplorable warmongering threat to world peace.

UP16-5.jpg

Ordering the imprisonment of the young man, the government remains bewildered by these entirely unjusitifed claims. Sokoto is nothing if not a peaceful, progressive nation which abhors warfare.

Five minutes later the diplomats are sent forth.

UP16-6.jpg

The diplomats return a few days later unsure if they were punished or treated civilly after delivering the decleration of war, forced as they were to engage in bullfighting by their Spanish counterparts.

Having conquered vast swaths of Italy, the Ottomans and Egypt, all nations with a proud seafaring tradition, Sokot shipbuilding has improved considerably over the last few years. Ships no longer sink after a mere second or so at sea, some able to survive the water for minutes at a time now. It is such impressive shipbuilding which has made this attack upon Spain possible. Sokoto's troops take no chances though and hurriedly flee their partially submerged crafts at the first welcome sight of Spanish land.

UP16-7.jpg

As the first of Sokoto's troops land on Spanish shores Spain quickly mobilises, likely scared into doing so by the realisation that her own well trained, well led, better equipped regular army is no match for Sokoto's worse trained, poorly led, ill equipped but far better dressed forces. In mobilising Spain intelligently forces some of her newly mobilised reserves into a fight against a far larger Sokot force in Valencia. At least this newly mobilised force, which has no organisation, is well led with the stout bootlicker Cordoba in command.

Whilst Sokoto's forces fight desperately to establish a beachhead in Valencia, defeat here likely spelling disaster for the war, the government concerns itself with far more important matters.

UP16-8.jpg

Namely handing over large wads of cash to The Sokot Botanical Society. Having handed over the money the botanists return several months later look well tanned and remarkably happy despite the expedition to Hawaii having proven unsuccessful. Uh, the expedition to Riyadh that is.

Whilst the government lavishes money on madcap schemes, Spain intelligently decides to reinforce failure, throwing more and more men forward into the battle of Valencia against a now overwhelming Sokot force.

UP16-9.jpg

Sokoto gaining these overwhelming numbers as her navy hastily transports men from Italy to this crucial battle. The newly arriving men proving a huge boost to Sokoto as many are still suffering from seasickness as they take to the battlefield, their sudden bouts of retching leaving the Spanish recoiling in horror.

A few weeks later and the Spanish break.

UP16-10.jpg

A combination of Sokoto's cleverly sending forward men still suffering from seasickness, Spain's ingenious attack with low organisation newly mobilised troops and Rumfa's impressive leadership in comparison to his bootlicking opponent bringing about this impressive victory.

Whilst rather irked by Rumfa's conduct in this battle, there far too few casaulties for their liking, the army remains happy at having learned another surefire way to gain high casaulties. Namely, attacking with newly mobilised reserves. It is little wonder to the army's command that nations such as the Ottomans, Italy and Spain are long established world powers when they ever employ such intelligent military strategies.

In another hugely impressive display of military competence Spain hurriedly remove the defensively adept Cordoba from command and appoint Ortega in his place.

UP16-11.jpg

This clearly a wise move, it shows why Ortega is considered an 'innovative tactician' in taking command of a defensive battle when he has no defensive skill whatsoever.

With Ortega inexplicably struggling in Cuenca, it almost as if his lack of defensive skill is a bad thing, Spain hurry yet more poorly organised reservists forward to his aid.

UP16-12.jpg

Thankfully Sokoto has her own poorly reinforcements being hurried forward. Not poorly organised, just feeling poorly from seasickness.

Spain's forces break a few weeks later as Sokoto secures another convincing victory.

UP16-13.jpg

The Sokoto army is much more pleased with Rumfa's conduct in this battle as he allows Spain to retreat mere days before her force is completely surrounded. This happily allowing for yet more battles and casaulties, which encirclement and destruction of Spain's army would not have allowed.

As Spain surprisingly strip Ortega of command, Sokoto's army unable to fathom such a move as with the casaulties Ortega achieved at Cuenca he seemed a wonderfully gifted general, Sokoto meet with the bulk of the Spanish force at Siguenza, now under the command of Rodriguez.

UP16-14.jpg

With no defensive ability and a penalty to reliability Spain's change in commander is obviously an inspired decision.

Having achieved a hard fought victory Kabe follows Rumfa's earlier tactical brilliance in allowing Spain to retreat from Siguenza mere days before their army is completely encircled.

UP16-15.jpg

Having been humbled by the far more incompetent Ottomans and Italians, Sokoto's officers are now doing their best to match their Spanish counterparts in terms of ineptness.

A few weeks later and the bulk of Spain's army is finally crushed a short distance from the Spanish capital.

UP16-16.jpg

Whilst disappointed with the few casaulties Kabe suffered in this battle, the Sokot army does praise his effort in succeeding at drawing out the conflict with a wholly disorganised, poorly led, barely trained reservist force for far longer than should have been possible.

As the war against Spain is proceeding surprisingly well the government send forth the diplomats on their next mission. The diplomats have been warned to act with tact and discretion in this mission. Failure to do so could lead to the annoyance of a very powerful foe.

UP16-17.jpg

The diplomats carry out the mission with ease, damaging Russia's relations with Greece after posing as Russian diplomats at a reception in Athens whilst loudly claiming Socrates and Plato are overrated buffoons and the Olympics a shocking waste of time. Greece left hugely outraged by such behaviour from 'Russia'.

Somehow though Sokoto's diplomats are found to be the ones behind this, Russia less than amused by their conduct. The fact that Sokoto's diplomats wore their green and pink uniforms whilst posing as Russians, no self-respecting Sokot diplomat would go anywhere without said uniform, may go some way to explaining how Russia learned they were to blame.

A few weeks later and there is some good news and bad news for the government.

UP16-18.jpg

Sokoto has finished etablishing her first colony, the rest of Sena now fully colonised. This is evidently good news, but the fact that Sena has regressed to colonial status having been a full state for mere months is obviously bad news. The people of Sena doubtless distraught as their taxes drop, bureaucratic meddling dwindles and they are no longer allowed to wear pink as they return to pre-statehood colonial ways.

The government orders for the Kuka region to next be colonised and is surprised as thousands begin flocking to the colony from the numerous states throughout Sokoto, desperate for a return to colonial life themselves.

As Greek relations with Russia are now suitably strained, the diplomats are sent in.

UP16-19.jpg

The diplomats return several weeks later once again unsure if they were punished or treated civilly after delivering the decleration of war. Their Greek counterparts insisting they stay for dinner after delivery of the decleration, a number of plates were thrown to the ground during the meal, the Greek diplomats explaining that this is something of a Greek custom. It just surprising then that the majority of thrown plates hit the Sokot diplomats rather than the floor.

[Sadly I cannot annex Greece this time as Britain handed over the Ionian Islands to them in what is a fairly common occurrence. I believe Britain has some national decision allowing for this.]

A few weeks later the government is left rather bemused by a request to sign up to The Geneva Convention.

UP16-20.jpg

The government is more than happy to sign up to such a noble treaty but remains rather surprised at having been asked to do so. After all Sokoto is a peace loving nation, the current entirely defensive and unavoidable wars with Spain and Greece a small and unimportant consideration, which always conducts herself in a wholly honourable fashion should she be forced into war. The government merely hope that the true warmongers such as Spain, Greece, Egypt, the Ottomans, Portugal and so forth sign and abide by the terms of this treaty.

Last edited:
Isn't Galicia all the way in Northwestern Spain? I guess it makes sense as it gives you the ability to walk directly into Portugal next time you go to war with them. But a Sokot Cuba or Phillipines would've been cool. Just a suggestion =P

Last edited:
The Spanish probably thought the Sokoto diplomats were Matadors. After all, they are far more garish. Perhaps the bulls of spain would make excellent colorful companions in the future.

Isn't Galicia all the way in Northwestern Spain? I guess it makes sense as it gives you the ability to walk directly into Portugal next time you go to war with them. But a Sokot Cuba or Phillipines would've been cool. Just a suggestion =P

It is the only mainland Spanish territory at this point in time (if you look closely, you can see Catalonia is French) which borders the sea but does not border France or Britain. The border with Portugal is just a happy coincidence.

Poor Greeks, they just broke free of an Islamic Empire only to find themselves soon subjugated by another, far more brutal regime. How many years do you have on your truce with Egypt? You can finish them off once you're finished with Greece and Portugal (Which I assume, you will go after next)

Love the Sokot empire so far! One thing though, you should start taking over more of Africa so you can connect your empire together with railroads. Better get it done before the colonial craze in Europe begins.

Thank you profusely for the replies!

Vaya con Queso - As Tanzhang has rightly deduced, it is the only part of mainland Spain I can grab which won't give me a border with another great power at present, I certainly plan on exploiting the border it gives me with Portugal however! As a Sokoto Cuba or Phillipines, I agree, it would be rather nice. Sokoto has gained land on a new continent though, as this update will show!

Caezaire - A very good suggestion, I could quite see the Sokot government recruiting some bulls in to the diplomatic service in the future. They'd more than likely do a better job as diplomats than the current incumbents!

Tanzhang (譚張) - I'd love to go for Portugal but Britain has now sphered them and I'd rather not tangle with Britain quite yet. I will soon though. As for Egypt, the truce is coming to an end and I have my men ready to rush in and grab some more land! I do feel for poor Greece too, but they do get to wear some incredibly fashionable pink outfits as citizens of the great Sokoto Empire!

loki100 - I'm afraid I wasn't very clear in the last update. I have little doubt Russia was left hugely irked by Sokoto's blundering diplomats but they haven't yet declared war upon me, thus Sokoto's conquering can continue!

MrHouse - Thank you for the kind words (your bribe is en route!). I agree with you, I'd very much like to colonise/conquer some more of Africa but sadly with Portugal within Britain's sphere and Sokoto stuck on a single NF for the foreseeable future I cannot do much in this regard. I will do my best to 'liberate' Africa once I can though!

sorem - Sadly I'm nowhere near a second NF. I have just about 900,000 Hausa at present within the nation, this probably just as well as they are providing quite enough incompetence even in such small numbers! I have managed to pass the first health reform though, as this update will show, thus hopefully natural growth and the small amount of colonising which I can do will allow for another NF soon.

Chapter Seventeen - Cry for me Argentina​

With the bulk of Sokoto's army busy finishing off Spain's few remaining units, her troops in Greece make a start to their own campaign.

UP17-1pickthisnottheother.jpg

A hugely impressive start too, Rumfa narrowly overcoming a far smaller force whilst suffering far more casaulties. With such skill he will go far in the Sokot army.

With both Spain and Greece's forces soon vanquished Sokoto's troops begin the horrifying task of beseiging both nations. Many soldiers soon suffering grevious injuries such as chipped fingernails as a result of this siege duty. Whilst Sokoto's terrified troops survive through appalling siege conditions the government is left hugely worried in June after receiving reports which state that Sokoto's Greek troops are currently rather unhappy.

UP17-2-2.jpg

It almost as if forcing Sokoto's Greek soldiers to fight against their homeland in the current war against Greece is perhaps a slightly unwise move which could be causing this current unrest.

With news that Sokoto's Greek troops are inexplicably close to rebellion, the government hurriedly send the diplomats in to secure peace with Greece. The diplomats soon return, with some fresh head wounds caused by more thrown plates, having gained the Ionian Islands from Greece.

With their head wounds barely healed the diplomats are sent forth to secure the next peace deal. The diplomats return a few days later having secured peace and gained a few new puncture marks to their rears, the Spanish insisting they engage in bullfighting once more before signing the peace treaty.

UP17-3-2.jpg

Having won such considerable gains from Spain the Sokot government celebrates in the only way possible, by ordering the cartographers to break out the font. Although said font for Sokoto's new Spanish holdings is sadly rather small in size, the government is of the opinion that you can never have too much font and is thus happy regardless.

A few months later and the government is left hugely relieved after receiving a report from some of Sokoto's academics who are experts in translation.

UP17-4-1.jpg

The translation experts in question were sent to Kalamata to determine if Greek priests were promoting rebellion there. After attending a religious service and hearing a Greek priest address his congregation thus;

"Rebel against the evil and wicked Sokoto! Overthrow these incompetent madmen and save our nation from their rule! Do not support so useless and debauched a regime! Resist Sokoto with all of your might!"

The experts happily report that there is no reason for the government to worry, as this message translates into Hausa as;

"Good afternoon."

As Sokoto's translation experts are stupendously gifted and never wrong in their work the government is left hugely assured by their report.

Now happy that rebellion is not being promoted in Kalamata the government turn their attention to other matters, sending the hugely reluctant diplomats forth on another mission.

UP17-5-1.jpg

Having delivered the decleration of war the diplomats hurriedly attempt to find themselves somewhere to hide. They have strict orders to not yet leave the continent. Thus they need act as inconspiciously as possible whilst hiding in Argentina as they await Sokoto's soon to arrive invading army. This proving rather troublesome as remaining inconspicuous is quite difficult when wearing a bright pink and green uniform.

In what is something of a miracle most of Sokoto's ships limp within sight of the coast of Argentina. The makeshift craft having just about survived the voyage over the Atlantic, a mere half of the ships sinking, this a rather astoundingly good survival rate for Sokoto's navy.

UP17-6-1.jpg

The fact that any of the fleet managed to survive at all is all the more impressive considering that Sokoto's government and Naval Command, in an act of considerable wisdom, launched this amphibious operation whilst Sokoto had no clipper convoy supplies available.

Sokoto's troops hurriedly disembark from the low lying, hole ridden ships, throwing themselves forward at Argentina's troops. Well, throwing themselves forward at Argentina's troops after kissing the ground repeatedly, delighted as they are at having survived the voyage.

UP17-7-1.png

In a display of military brilliance, despite Argentina mobilising her reserves, Sokoto's valiant troops win themselves considerable glory as they emerge victorious time after time against Argentina despite merely having overwhelming numbers on their side.

A few weeks later and Sokoto's academics finish their research into 'Breech-loaded Rifles'. The army is more than happy with these new weapons as tests show that half of all men are now suffering from friendly fire injuries, this a more than acceptable rate which still leaves enough men injury free so that Sokoto has some troops available for any possible wars.

UP17-9-1.jpg

However the army is left less than pleased with the next research project undertaken by the academics, that of 'Army Professionalism'. The army arguing that such professionalism is entirely unrequired as sending untrained troops into battle is the best way of always ensuring high casaulties for both the enemy and, most importantly, for Sokoto. Furthermore it would be unseemly to demand Sokoto's noble born officers engage in training of any kind. Gentry should never have to train, that something preserved for the common rabble.

With the new breech-loading rifles now in use the government decides to begin recruiting some new elite brigades into Sokoto's army.

UP17-10-1.jpg

So as to distinguish these new elite brigades from the common soldiers the government spares no expense in lavishing money upon the creation of an entirely new uniform for the guards. This new uniform consisting as it does of a kilt, a heavily embroidered jacket, knee-high tasseled boots and tigerskin shako, all depicted in glorious pink, proving a suitably fearsome ensemble for Sokoto's new elite troops. As there is nothing which will quite cause fear in opposing soldiers than being charged by men wearing pink skirts.

[I refrained from creating any new brigades with my accepted culture POPs for the last decade, hence why I have so many available now to turn into guards. Turning this many into guards so quickly did prove to be a ridiculously stupid move though, as will be seen later.]

In a move with draws nothing but condemnation from Sokoto, Chile declares war upon Argentina a few months later.

UP17-11.jpg

Such a shocking display of unjustified warmongering from Chile is quite inexcusable.

Indeed so inexcusable that something clearly need be done about it.

UP17-12.jpg

Sokoto's troops stealthily move in to position. By stealthily this of course means blundering forward in full view of Chile's forces whilst their regimental bands play at full volume.

Before sending the troops forward to defend Argentina from Chile's deplorable aggression the government finds it need do something to appease Sokoto's increasingly rebellious population, militancy now at 4.14. This rise in militancy caused by Sokoto's newly acquired Turkish, Greek and Spanish citizens inexplicably finding it difficult to adjust to life in a nation which values ineptness and the colour pink above all else.

UP17-13.jpg

Hurriedly the government legislate for trinket health reform, hoping that offering the same medical treatment to the public as is currently available for Sokoto's armed forces will mollify the many citizens now supporting rebellion. If nothing else said medical treatment will certainly reduce the number of rebels as many are likely to fall victim to injury, as happens to the many troops currently 'cured' when receiving medical treatment.

With the population now slightly pacified, many of the rebels quickly succumbing to injury as a result of Sokot medical treatment, the diplomats are ordered out of hiding and in to action.

UP17-14.jpg

Let it never be said that Sokoto will idly stand by as large nations prey upon their weaker neighbours. That is not the Sokot way. Preying upon said weaker nations herself is Sokoto's proud way. That is, protecting said weaker nations herself is Sokoto's proud way.

In a breathtaking display of courage and tactical brilliance Kabe valiantly throws his men forward against Chile's entrenched, well led troops at a position which greatly favours the defender.

UP17-15.jpg

It is such stupendous military strategy which has made Sokoto great.

This daring attack catches Chile's soon encircled troops entirely off-guard. They had thought only a madman would attempt to attack a position which so favours the defender. Evidently they know nothing of the average Sokot officer.

UP17-17.jpg

This victory proving that not only are Sokoto's armed forces quite without peer, at least when they enjoy overwhelming odds, but that good will always triumph. Sokoto clearly the force for 'good' in this war as she is attempting to rescue Argentina.

Whilst Sokoto's forces are busy crushing Chile's bewildered army, worrying news reaches the government.

UP17-17a.jpg

It is very saddening that yet another nation has declared war upon Argentina but the government feel quite unable to act this time. This because, uh, well Brazil, uhm, have a good reason for launching this war. They are not merely engaging in unjustfied warmongering alike Chile. Yes, that is the reason why Sokoto cannot defend Argentina against this new aggression. The fact that Brazil have considerable forces and very strong allies has no influence upon the government's decision whatsoever.

Whilst Argentina is being 'rescued' and Chile put to the sword the army gladly recruit one of Sokoto's premier academics, Professor Abdullah al-Walid.

UP17-17b.jpg

al-Walid quickly proving he can bring the same level of success to Sokoto's army that he has brought to Sokot education.

With Chile's remaining forces soon crushed, the Chilean army still bewildered at having been turned upon by a supposed ally in the war against Argentina, peace is soon agreed.

UP17-18.jpg

As Argentina has now been saved from Chile's unjustified aggression, Sokoto's forces return to besieging Argentina's provinces. Unlike Chile Sokoto's war with Argentina is entirely justified, Sokoto waging this war out of a desire to see yet more of her font added to the world map, and thus her conquering the stricken Argentina is perfectly reasonable.

you can never have too much font

What a coincidence, I'm hosting a game in the werewolf forum with a font theme. :)

This message translates into Hausa as "Good afternoon"

It must take a terribly long time to get things communicated in Hausa... :rolleyes:

A very interesting plan to go for South America ... as a small nation in V2 often my first priority is to go for Uruguay, as it rarely fields more than one brigade.

Last edited:
This is why P!nk sings the Sokot National Anthem: F***ing Perfect.

Indeed Sokoto do have a good reason for going to war with Chile but not going to war with Brasil: It is obvious that Spain has failed to rule its Empire correctly and Sokoto is trying to rectify this, as evidenced by its earlier invasion of Spain.