• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At long last! It came to pass! :D

Nice to finally see the last, technically post-war moves. I won't comment on the moves themselves (except to cheer again for the barbecue organized for/with the political leadership in Washington ;)), but will say I appreciate Sir Brock's final comment about things now being out of his hands, as well as loki's continued insistence that final victory really belonged to the Americans, a few slight setbacks and diversionary 'defeats' notwithstanding. :)

Well played, gentlemen, and a joy to read. Thanks!

and as ever ... the support is well appreciated. Exactly its not MY fault the victory conditions are wrong :eek:

So what is next? This game was absolutely fantastic--a great description of an underused scenario. I've been following the AAR since I found it, though I only caught up with the whole thing a week or so ago. The ending was as fantastic as it is worrisome--I'm not a fan of PoN and now the AGEOD AAR forum is totally dominated by them.

In any case, I would like you to know that its your/Narwhal's games that got me into AGEOD (and into strategy more broadly), and that I eagerly anticipate your next AAR.

glad you enjoyed it. My guess is that in about 10 days a few AARs based on Alea Jacta Est may appear?

Its odd because for quite a while, there were no PoN AARs and by some fluke all the active AGEOD AARs seem to be based on PoN. PoN is a lot like V2 in that you need a very different frame of mind to play it - actually more than V2 as you are very hardwired into a nineteenth century mindset of very limited European wars for very strictly defined goals, so it is a bit of Sim-19C with most of your focus on trade and industry and diplomacy.

Narwhal's been away for a while, I'm off climbing in Gran Paradiso in late Sept/early Oct, we are having tentative discussions about getting back into PBEM, so I guess we will once I'm back. Not so sure about an AAR though, Narwhal has had problems finding the time to write and I have 4 on the go ... if you include the Warlock thing ... so till one of those ends I dare not start #5 .... that way really does lie madness :(

But Wars in America is exceptionally well polished, well focused on the essentials and the 1812 scenario is exceptionally well balanced. In this game though I lost badly in the end, it turned on small amounts of luck or bad-judgement, our replay was even tenser with me saving Montreal at the last moment (twice) and then getting bogged down as I'd lost all my bateaux so couldn't shift troops to take advantage of a short term opening.