• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"To make further gains we need to know who's available. As I've heard, religious and political conflicts are arising in the Christian lands and most of the kingdoms are thinking of abandoning this campaign. If this is so, you should just tell us now if you're in or if you're out, so we can make further plans"

Paras always gets annoyed when political issues get in the way of his military goals, but through his life he has learned to deal with them.

Ludovicus, High King of Hungary, drew his cloak closer to him. He was already regretting the day he decided to accompany the royal army to this godforsaken land. Moscow was a damp, dismal sprawl of a settlement. The food was awful, save for the alcohol, which was lethal. He would have sooner been in Buda, or taking a day trip to Venice. God knows, he would have rather found himself in Constantinople. But he needed to be present to oversee the progress of the war. There was no way that he could have an accurate view of developments back in Buda. That meant being on the front lines of conflict - or fifty-five miles behind them, in this instance.

"Take no heed of the turbulence at home," he said dismissively, "The Bishop of Rome will not take any measures against us. He is still scrabbling for support for his crusade against the Levant. Since the western kingdoms have not committed themselves save for Spain, he will be eager for the military support of the Crown of Saint Stephen. That is the incentive we will brandish before him to stay his hand from an excommunication."

"As for the war," he continued, "It is Our desire to push on now and achieve a swift victory, rather than continue to stagnate while the Tartars muster their strength."

Seeing as Britain has already devoted the time and resources to send soldiers to assist in expedition, we will not drop out now. It is worrisome that his holiness truly
thinks that a crusade against Syria is of more importance than ending the mongol threat permanently, however King Ludovicus is right that the Papacy does not have enough power to attempt to excommunicate both Britain and Hungary.

OOC: I'm sorry I have not done anything since late December. If anybody knows anything about me, I am cursed with anything related to an AAR besides viewing one. To Mr. Capitalist, I'm doubly sorry as you are the AAR leader but I am embarrasingly and pathetically prone to burn full steam ahead into something yet use all my fuel at once.

Also, did anybody get anything from the Brandenburgian Margrave player?

"I shall retain leadership of the southern offensive," Ghwsch'ipse said "though I do not mind giving direct control away until my army returns from the homeland. If the King of Hungary does not object, he can have the final say in any plans we make until that time. I merely ask one simple thing, that we move to end this quickly. As surely as the lost of Astrakhan is sucking the blood of the Mongols, our armies are sucking our own."