• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"If we manage to support Oglai Khan in his bid to power in the Horde, like the Muscovite Prince suggested, we need not fear of failure; dare I say we may even be looking forward to a bloodless campaign. The only question at that point is how much land and wealth he will be willing to concede for our coalition's recognition of his rule over whatever land is left to the horde afterwards."

What was the reason for ruling it out? As far as I am aware we simply chose to address other issues for the time, however the Prince of Moscow has supported the idea and the sovereign of Lithuania has expressed that he would be amenable to the idea if he had guarantees that it would be a permanent solution. Only the papal ambassador outright rejected the idea, and since the Papal State would probably not be sending soldiers soldiers to "kill the infidel" it seems that his statement that the "ONE TRUE GOD" will give us victory is probably irrelevant here.

Last edited:
"Indeed," said Ludovicus, "We need not state the dangers of placing our support behind one Tartar warlord over the others. What if this 'Oglai Khan' were to dominate the rest of his kinsmen and bring them to heel? We would be faced, then, by a united horde under one leader, as opposed to the divided hordes that we face currently. Who is to say that once we put him in power, he will not immediately return to the old Tartar tricks and start raiding our frontier?"

- Europeans, you like force, don't you? We have a perfect chance to avoid deaths and injuries, but you don't even bother. Why? I'm not against military invasion and I'm ready to fight together with you, but anyway - why not? - asked Yuri.

"Precisely," said Ludovicus, "Bloodshed in the short-run will prevent greater bloodshed in the long-run."

"We need only let the names of his supporters and the price for the support circulate among his generals and the other khans of the Horde. That way we can ensure a hollow victory for him, as his subjects will see him as a mere plaything of our coalition. Make his men learn he sold out to us, like a cheap prostitute, and our gains will find us facing a horde more disunited than it now is."

"Why, so we can be discovered and then unite them against us? I think they will eventually unite against us regardless and eventually resist anything we do. The best bet is to just crush them utterly."

"Well, I can see that everyone here is tired of this never ending discussion. I think that we all can agree on the following: The russian states will be helped in their defense against the hordes by the Lithuanian Empire and the Christian kingdoms, who will be granted limited military access through pre-defined routes by Lithuania. The overall leadership of this project will be handed to Moscow.

Everyone should now go back to their respective countries and gather the troops needed to fight the hordes.
"

((OCC: I took this decision because activity seemed to be down, everyone was writing less, I supose due to there not be much more to say and for how long this has been going. It seems it's time to move on, don't know if you agree with this))

Last edited:
March 10th, 1523
"Ey, it is late and we should be wrapping this up... even if it is just for today."

OOC: Yeah, I'll actually have to play a bit. I have two copies of the save game: one for the AAR and one for myself. In the one I've saved for myself Lithuania is the sole colonizing power and the Russian states are locked in a series of border wars with one another. Also Byzantium conquered Bulgaria and Hungary is supporting the Anti-Pope. Good times, good times. Once everyone agrees I will be asking leaders for their country's orders which I shall attempt to see enforced.

"Yes," said Ludovicus, "We have discussed quite long enough. We will commit our armies to the cause, with the objective being a decisive strike against the Tartar hordes, thus taming them and restoring stability to the Russian frontier."

"Very well. Let us prepare for a magnificent performance."

OOC: I imagine this meeting alone should be having effects in the game, like positive relations between the countries involved and the necessary treaties, right? Also how much time will you give for us to give our turns in?