• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One problem is that the Allies can roam the Med rather freely early in the game. There are no intensive battles for Maltan convoys and the Axis can rarely survive until 1943 in the Med. Unrestricted movement is a serious problem of the HOI3's naval system (no naval mines, air cover nowhere near as important as IRL, too hard to detect ships in coastal areas, too easy to perform "surprise invasions" etc.) which affects the Med theatre, too.

I also think that in-game Italy is much less hilly that one could expect, that it's too easy to conquer Rome by amphibious landing and that North Africa sees too little action in most games (many players abandon it entirely), which results in Italy falling early.

One problem is that the Allies can roam the Med rather freely early in the game. There are no intensive battles for Maltan convoys and the Axis can rarely survive until 1943 in the Med. Unrestricted movement is a serious problem of the HOI3's naval system (no naval mines, air cover nowhere near as important as IRL, too hard to detect ships in coastal areas, too easy to perform "surprise invasions" etc.) which affects the Med theatre, too.

There would be a Malta convoys battle if the Italian would be battling in North Africa (to seize Suez), as Tripoli, given the size of its port, would serve as THE Axis base to support their actions against UK. In fact, that's why Malta was so important.

For detection, I'd say you absolutly need the "radar" on the Italian coast, which takes time as you don't have the radar tech to start with. So you lose 1 year to research it before you can build them. You could now detect the incoming invasion... Of course, detecting and repelling are two different things...

Couple of ideas:

(1) modify the supply reserve to less than 30 days. It would slow down any invasion as it would force invading forces to go for real ports, like Naples, instead of Rome. Side effects: attack rate would be slowed too as you would need to wait longer for supply. But I'd say the game would probably gain a little more realism.
(2) mines: shores should be considered mined and as so, losses should be inflicted to ships (+)
(3) intrinsec defense: in some wargames, every coast are considered to have an intrinsec defensive value, thus making it harder for any invasion forces as they are slowed down by the "theoretical fight"... which gives more time to the invaded to organize its defense or counter-attack.

and one more interesting:

(4) shorten the range of cargo: less range means, less ability invade anyone. I explain with two examples:

Normandy: directly accross the English Channel... would have been very difficult to maintain the cohesion of such a large scale assault if it had been done further away. Netherlands could have been a target, but it was too close of Germany (risk of counter attack were too great).

Italia: The sequence was (1) Tunis, (2) Sicilia, (3) Anzio... Always something not too far from the previous one. Supply was a real constraint to sustain such invasion. Same for keeping the fleet together.

I also think that in-game Italy is much less hilly that one could expect, that it's too easy to conquer Rome by amphibious landing and that North Africa sees too little action in most games (many players abandon it entirely), which results in Italy falling early.

Italia clearly needs to protect Rome, with fortress and troops. But, as you say, a 20div+ invasion would probably whipout anything that would be put there... Normandy in Rome would be unopposable by the Italians I guess... Thus breaking the Italian for good.

The Japanese government bristles at your suggestion that we have any intention of joining what appears to be yet another one of many times you Europeans try to kill each other wholesale. I would have thought your societies would be more civil towards each other after thousands of years of constant warfare.

The Americans have long been friends with the Japanese people, ever since the days of Commodore Perry. We do not forsee this relationship changing in the future.

The President of the United States of America is very dis-pleased with the Empire of Japan stepping out of the Asian Co-Prosperity Zone in it's aggressive take over of the sovereign nation of Persia.
"We will take a more active roll going forward. We must protect the free peoples of this world from the threat of annihilation at the hands of mega-maniacal sycophants. Our neutrality should not be shield for the forces of terror. Our strength should be the sword by which the innocent are set free."

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, TDerth added:
"The President is right to ask Congress to help us gear up for the war that many have seen coming for a long time. When our laws and production rightly reflect our capabilities then, and only then, can we make a difference on the world stage."

The fearless leader of the bastion of democracy, Germania, is pleased to announce the new land connections established with our close friend and fellow chivalrous defender of democracy, Japan, after Russia has been liberated from the bolshevik persecutors. Germany is now a two ocean nation, and will keep an eye on developments in the Pacific. The fake democracy of America trumpets threats to the peaceful nation of Japan at the same time when it continues to fuel war in Europe which leads to needless loss of life. Germany has fought purely to defend threats at its borders and the hostile overtone of the American President is particularly disturbing. It is not surprising that the American's warmongering chief of staff's pure goal is to make a "a difference on the world stage". It is clear that the Americans are far less concerned with furthering the peace process between Germany and the United Kingdom and focused solely on dragging out this regrettable war and causing much unnecessary death and destruction.

In the Kremlin, the lights burned late into the snowy November night as the Great leader, and his guest Molotov, discussed winter operations for late 1940 in the Great Leader's private sitting room. Suddenly the phone rang. This startled both men, because the Great Leader's staff was under strict orders to not put any calls through past business hours unless there was an extreme national emergency. Both men looked at each other with serious gazes, and Molotov walked over to the nearby desk to answer the phone.

"Yes? What? Say that again! What? Are you sure? Has there been any confirmation? Check with the NKVD immediately! There is a traitor behind this! Assemble all staff. Yes, yes, I will tell him!" As Molotov slammed the phone down, he looked at the Great Leader who was just then straightening up in his chair. Molotov couldn't help but notice the tobacco stained spittle that was dribbling from the corner of the Great Leader's mouth. The same mouth that had ordered the deaths of millions.

"Tovarich!", the Great Leader managed while his temper flared. "What is it? What has happened?"

"That was a call from General Kulik. He has received an official communique from the German government notifying us that we have surrendered."

"That we what?"

"Surrendered, apparently"

The Great Leader was normally a man of few words, and was now a man of even fewer words. To Molotov, he literally seemed speechless. After gritting his blackened teeth, and stammering for a moment, the Great leader was finally able to respond.

"Just how is it that we have surrendered?" he managed to blurt out.

Molotov, not eager to respond because he knew better than anyone what giving the Great Leader bad news could mean, took a deep breath while his brain crafted the correct words.

"Well, it would seem that an international organization has decided that it was bad form for us to make the Germans look bad during our current winter offensive, and has declared that we can no longer exist as a government. That same organization has also decided to 'give' all of our territory to Germany on a permanent basis. Basically, you and I are persona non grata."

That was too much, and the Great Leader immediately flew into a rage. Molotov jumped back as first the lamp, and then the lamp table whistled past head. The Great leader's coal-black eyes brightened, and the veins on his neck bulged as he screamed like a fury, demanding answers from Molotov.

"Didn't we save a part of the Army?" he screamed.

"Yes" replied Molotov as he slowly backed towards the door.

"Didn't we attack with the onset of winter like we planned?" The Great Leader spat.

"Yes" was all that Molotov could manage as he continued backing towards safety.

"Didn't we re-conquer more than 20 of our provinces?" The Great Leader's face was now purple.

"Yes" Wheezed Molotov, sounding less like a man, and more like a child on his way back from the woodshed.

"Didn't we field 20 new divisions in recent months, giving us a fighting chance?" Railed the Great leader.

"Yes" Whimpered Molotov as he groped behind his back for the doorknob.

It was then the Great leader suddenly grew calm. An eerie silence hung in the room, and the Great leader's face suddenly took on a serene look.

"And didn't we vow to fight to the death?" The Great Leader whispered.

"Yes" replied a Molotov that was now a trembling mess, "Yes, we did."

"Then why are we being compelled to surrender at a time when we've finally taken the fight to the enemy?" Concluded the Great Leader, as if he were a lawyer making his final argument before a jury.

Molotov finally grabbed a hold of the door's handle, and he felt a sharp pain in his chest as he realized that the door was locked. Summoning up his last ounce of courage, he looked the Great leader in the eye, and with a quiet dignity signed his own death warrant.

"I believe that it's a part of the rules for international conflict".

With that, the Great Leader shuffled over to his desk, plopped with a huff into his overstuffed chair, and lit his pipe. His mind was now elsewhere, conjuring up an image that had haunted him for some time. An image of a tropical paradise. An image of a fertile Utopian land where the seeds of working-class ideology could bear fruit. The image reminded him of a travel poster he once saw. It was a travel poster touting the warm, gentle breezes of Cuba.

Last edited:
Aftermath. My summation;

I honestly believed that Germany would attack me early. Having taken France, etc. by Nov '39, not having attacked a multitude of other targets, and not having helped Italy to any large degree were the clues. I thereby immediately misjudged the end of winter, and made plans to be ready by Jun '40. That meant, of course, that I was attacked two months before I was ready. This had a cascading effect in that;

My OOB was only half-complete. I thought of asking for more preparation time after the DOW, but I didn't think that would be fair for everyone else. The net result was that half of my units were not getting the proper bonuses, supply, etc.

I was continually behind the curve in moving my units. HOI 3, with its multitude of Russian provinces, makes it harder than I realized to keep up with all of the battles. The AI doesn't hit you along the entire front like in MP. Not helping me were the pop-ups that I was getting every 5 seconds. I wasn't able to correct this while the game was in motion.

I had planned for a ton new units to come on line beginning in Jun '40. Needles to say, I should have moved that time frame up by three months.

All in all, a good learning experience. A big congratulations is due to nightraid3r. He really brought it to me.

Last edited:
Aftermath. My summation;

I honestly believed that Germany would attack me early. Having taken France, etc. by Nov '39, not having attacked a multitude of other targets, and not having helped Italy to any large degree were the clues. I thereby immediately misjudged the end of winter, and made plans to be ready by Jun '40. That meant, of course, that I was attacked two months before I was ready. This had a cascading effect in that;

My OOB was only half-complete. I thought of asking for more preparation time after the DOW, but I didn't think that would be fair for everyone else. The net result was that half of my units were not getting the proper bonuses, supply, etc.

I was continually behind the curve in moving my units. HOI 3, with its multitude of Russian provinces, makes it harder than I realized to keep up with all of the battles. The AI doesn't hit you along the entire front like in MP. Not helping me were the pop-ups that I was getting every 5 seconds. I wasn't able to correct this while the game was in motion.

I had planned for a ton new units to come on line beginning in Jun '40. Needles to say, I should have moved that time frame up by three months.

All in all, a good learning experience. A big congratulations is due to nightraid3r. He really brought it to me.

Thanks man, I think for future sessions we should consider mandatory bitter peace as you playing with 100+% surrender progress for a month or so probably just made the game go crazy and you lost all you had instead of just the western chunk. Sure it would be a big blow to lose the western chunk but at least you could have more time to build more forces (you showed you had a decent army towards the end, I made the mistake of over concentrating my forces in northern Russia and was not in a good position to react to your middle-south push, but I think that too would have been stopped as you had already lost too much with not much help from your western counterpart in the UK.

I wouldn't mind playing Soviet Union next session either, in case you are feeling up to Germany and want some revenge :)

Aftermath. My summation;

(...) That meant, of course, that I was attacked two months before I was ready. This had a cascading effect in that (...)

This sounds like something I felt too when UK wipe me out of Africa in a less than it takes to say "rabbit". :huh: UK got me by 5 months...

(...) with not much help from your western counterpart in the UK.

I could say, since I was the object of most of UK attention, that your allies forgot to harass the German. Which openned the door for a rather early invasion.

Maybe we should check if we will allow, in future games, the Italian to circumvent the Non aggression pact between GER & USSR the way we did, or UK to DoW Italia early, or Japan to go out of its sphere, without consequences. Maybe we will have to work these a bit. This said, game is fun so far. Challenging.

The game, whether HOI 2 or 3, has always hinged on Russia being able to survive alone for a year or so.

Oh, a MP AAR! Nice. Shame I did not see it until now...

This isn't a surprise. Sinking capital ships is much harder in FTM.

Harder in FTM? Not concerning BBs at least. In SF it was a rare event to lose a BB in our MP games. in FTM, well - I wont say too much yet, but "rare event" would not describe it properly...

So - they game is over or just SU gone? I love the idea with several writer in the AAR, but with a somewhat jumpy timeline here. For us readers I guess some writing- coordination could help it - but better you write without coordination that not at all :) I don't have that problem as I'm the only one dedicated to writing in our group :glare:

Nice posts Italy! Extra interesting as I play Italy (during 1940) in our present game. I suffer with you, taking on the RN....

Looking forwards for more. Would love some more screens from the GER/SOV war - even if its over.

Harder in FTM? Not concerning BBs at least. In SF it was a rare event to lose a BB in our MP games. in FTM, well - I wont say too much yet, but "rare event" would not describe it properly...

So - they game is over or just SU gone? I love the idea with several writer in the AAR, but with a somewhat jumpy timeline here. For us readers I guess some writing- coordination could help it - but better you write without coordination that not at all :) I don't have that problem as I'm the only one dedicated to writing in our group :glare:

Nice posts Italy! Extra interesting as I play Italy (during 1940) in our present game. I suffer with you, taking on the RN....

Looking forwards for more. Would love some more screens from the GER/SOV war - even if its over.

cpteasy, I am the German player in this MP session, the reason I refrain from posting screens, and the timeline is jumpy, is that this session literally just happened last Wednesday, 1/18/12, so I do not feel this is an appropriate time to post screens yet. And I probably won't be able to do so either because later we will already be talking about later developments it seems. I agree that it is jumpy, however I guess it is like a diplomacy thread for those involved in the game and is actually quite fun. I will try to see if i can get some screens that don't give too much away.

Harder in FTM? Not concerning BBs at least. Nice posts Italy! Extra interesting as I play Italy (during 1940) in our present game. I suffer with you, taking on the RN....

(...)

Thanks for the kind words. Update will be posted by Italia during the week-end: Operation Cartagine, Operation Zanzibar, Med OPS, Invasion of Yugoslavia, Victory over Bolshevism, and more.

Game: still on a go, as the USSR player now plays Australia and will coop USA once they're at war.

BBs: Well, in almost all fight we had, the BBs got out with heavy damages and the screening units were almost all gone... So, I guess, with a more limited screening units, I guess I would have lost more BBs.

Italia: we could exchange in private if you want to. There is a lot I tried and didn't post. Lot I learnt too with some illadvised strat :)rolleyes:)

Pity about the USSR's OOB, but it's all a learning experience!

The President of the United States of America is very dis-pleased with the Empire of Japan stepping out of the Asian Co-Prosperity Zone in it's aggressive take over of the sovereign nation of Persia.
"We will take a more active roll going forward. We must protect the free peoples of this world from the threat of annihilation at the hands of mega-maniacal sycophants. Our neutrality should not be shield for the forces of terror. Our strength should be the sword by which the innocent are set free."

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, TDerth added:
"The President is right to ask Congress to help us gear up for the war that many have seen coming for a long time. When our laws and production rightly reflect our capabilities then, and only then, can we make a difference on the world stage."

Communique Imperial Japanese Government: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

We regret that the Americans are beginning to look upon the peaceful Japanese people with such suspicious and belligerent eyes. The joint military exercises had been planned with the Persian government for many years now. With the European continent in war, again, and Persia being bordered by several of the belligerents, it was only natural that the Persian people seek to find a neutral, mutual defense partner. We only sought to further their ability to protect their own interests should the need arise. It is an unfortunate circumstance that the exercises caused, what we would deem, an excessive amount of friendly fire casualties. We believe, however, that this tragic fact only underscored even more the need for such training exercises.

There are many in our government that believe the US is unjustly using our Persian joint military exercise as an excuse to flex its muscle and lessen our influence in the Pacific, a region we have long shared in mutual custody and with a mutual interest. We in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are diligently working to correct these ridiculous notions, and we would like to invite the American ambassador to do the same within his own country.

AAR #4
ITALIA

NEW POST JANUARY 21st
NORTH AMERICAN MP GAME

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?573357-North-America-Series-FTM/page1

During the period of July 30th to December 31st, the Mediterranean theater saw its share of events, as usual. The Cartagine Operation was repelled by the British, while the Operation Zanzibar encountered great success. At the same time, Italia, supported by Germany, invaded Yugoslavia freed Albania and reunified its core provinces to the Roman Empire. Finally, war with Greece was declared, as the Italian-German troops moved South of the Albanian newly freed territories and the ashes of what was once known as Yugoslavia…

THE TUNIS TRAP
Il Popolo d’Italia
July 30th – August 20th 1940

Our soldiers have a tendency to surrender. If they can see how well their life would be in the other countries, how will we manage to keep them?”, Duce’s thoughts at a dinner with Ciano, Vice-Governor of the Ethiopian Protectorate and of all African territories.

Lured by the possibility of catching the convoy supplying the troops in Tunis, the British CAGs Fleet moved swiftly into the Tunis Gulf by July 22nd. They did sink one convoy on July 22nd then, they searched in vain, for any new convoys for the next 20 days…

This was the opportunity the Regia Aeronauticai was waiting for and it seized it, without hesitation. By dawn, on August 10th, both the Flottilla Aeronautica I & II (NAV Bombers) of Piacentini and Balbo, supported by the Cacciatore Squadriglia I (Interceptors, under the command of young ace Pellegrini), fell from the sky on the Birtish Fleet. For 10 days, the British CAGs Air Force and the Regia Aeronautica faced each other, the latter winning 90% of the fights. Famous Aces, like Franco Lucchini, Adriano Visconti and Teresio Martinoli, terrorized the RAF during what would be later known as the Great Air Battle of Tunis. During that period, the CAGs Fleet was hit multiple time and the RAF lost many airplanes, while the Regia Aeronautica lost few aircrafts. With that Battle, the Regia Aeronautica got his revenge on the Regia Marina, and as such, the Admiral Domenico Cavagnari lost the confidence of Il Duce, our beloved Leader Mussolini.

But while the war was turning to the Italian advantage in the air and at sea, on the ground, the picture was less rosy…

The failure of Operation Cartagine

In order to slow down the Free French and British advance, the 22a Divisione Cacciatori delle Alpi dig itself in the mountain pass of Sidi Bouzid on July 30th. Major Rossi troops fought for 2 days before being overrun by the Allies force, as a quick British landing in the port of Sousse cut his supply line.

Entrenched in Tunis and its surrounding, Major Silvestri and his men from the 3a Divisione Ravenna held the place for 5 days. Defending Tunis with all their heart and their 120 mm pieces of artillery, the Italians offered a stiff resistance. On day 2, the 14th regiment was hit from forces coming from South and West and it shattered after 48 hours of continuous fighting. On day 4, the 15th regiment, while trying to retreat to the inner city, was overrun by the Free French armor troops. On the last day of the battle, the 16th regiment finally surrendered. The Allies were then able to seize control of the last sectors of the city that were still not under their controls, the southern suburbs of Tunis. In the battle, the Italians lost 10 000 men, either killed, wounded or POW. Major Silvestri was awarded the Military Order of Savoy for his courage and to honor the fight of his men against a vastly superior Allies army.

[IMAGES REMOVED TO GAIN SOME SPACE FOR NEW AAR]

(1) Click on the picture to enlarge it.
(2) Pictures edited to mask some valuable information.

The origin of the Military Order of Savoy is be traced back to the first honorary degrees granted by Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia to its soldiers, later this degrees went into disuse because of the Napoleonic regime in Italy and especially in Piedmont. On the 1st of April 1815 these honorary degrees were used again by Victor Emmanuel I of Sardinia and later abolished on the 14th of August of the same year. Later again, all of these honorary degrees become part of one, and became, the Military Order of Savoy. This military order was to be granted to the soldiers who fought in the Italian army of Napoleon and became part of the Legion of Honor (or either obtained the honorary degree of Order of the Iron Crown) due to military merit. This honorary degree was conceded to everyone no matter what religion or rank the soldier was. This degree was a typically French honorary degree. Another purpose this Order was created to reward all other kind of military merit, to the simple soldier and up to the high-ranked officer, that performed a special military feat during battle. Source: Wiki.

NDLR: Because of the swift British counterattack, it appeared very quickly that the invasion was unsustainable. The 1st problem was the total inability of the Regia Marina to ensure the safety of any cargo fleet in the sector, which resulted in all the reinforcement to be recalled before entering the Tunis Gulf Sea zone. So, as early as July 26th, the Italian invading forces were condemned to a pitiful destiny.

While the whole operation allowed Italia to hit the British CAGs Fleet, the invasion of Tunis proved premature, as it was quickly repelled and Italia could not sustain the ambitious plan with proper means. Switching to air supply gave great results as Italia was able to protect (most of the time) its aerial bridge, but nonetheless, tactical superiority was unable to defeat the British material superiority.

OPERATION “ANNUNZIO”
Il Popolo d’Italia
Fall 1940

In the name of all those who died defending Italia unity, I pledge to honor the sacred cause of Fiume… Fiume or Death”, August 31st 1919, Riccardo Frassetto, while planning the 1919 coup of Fiume.

The future of Fiume was discussed at the Paris Peace Conference during the course of 1919. Italy based its claim on the fact that Italians were the largest single nationality within the city, 88% of total. Croats made up most of the remainder and were also a majority in the surrounding area, including the neighbouring town of Sušak. On 10 September 1919, the Treaty of Saint-Germain was signed declaring the Austro-Hungarian monarchy dissolved. Negotiations over the future of the city were interrupted two days later when a force of Italian nationalist irregulars led by the poet Gabriele d'Annunzio seized control of the city by force; d'Annunzio eventually established a state, the Italian Regency of Carnaro. On 12 November, Italy and Yugoslavia concluded the Treaty of Rapallo, under which Rijeka was to be an independent state, the Free State of Fiume, under a regime acceptable to both. D'Annunzio's response was characteristically flamboyant and of doubtful judgment: his declaration of war against Italy invited the bombardment by Italian royal forces which led to his surrender of the city at the end of the year, after five days' resistance. Italian troops took over in January 1921. The Treaty of Rome (27 January 1924), which assigned Rijeka to Italy and Sušak to Yugoslavia, with joint port administration, finally settle the dispute between the two countries. Formal Italian annexation (16 March 1924) inaugurated twenty years of Italian government. Source: Wiki

The Balkans Campaign

Avenging d’Annunzio

On the eve of October, the German and Italian troops entered the Yugoslavian territories. Provocations by Yugoslavians were denounced by the Italian government as early as 1937. Initially hoping to settle this peacefully --- Italia brought this matter to the League of Nations before the war --- Italia had no other choice than to declare war on a stubborn and unimaginative neighbor, after 3 years of unsuccessful talks. While the German panzers were progressing steadily toward Belgrade, divisions of the Armata VIII “Truppe Albania”, under the command of General Grossi, launched a frontal assault on the entrenched Yugoslavian divisions in Slovenia. Supported by artillery and the Aerial Bombardieri Squadriglia I & II, the Italian divisions quickly broke their foe, forcing many of them to surrender. Attacked for everywhere, the Yugoslavians tried to withdraw behind Zagreb but, as their supply lanes were cut by the German advance, troops were left without clear directive and thus, surrender one after the other. The front collapsed in less than a week. By the end of October, Italian flag was standing in every ports along the coast, except two (Split and Dubrovnik are part of the German protectorate). Above all, Fiume was reattached to the Roman Empire, as was Dalmatia. A great victory for Fascism.

Tirane liberated

Not waiting for Belgrade to surrender, the Armata VIII advanced units, e.g. Corpo V, push forward toward Tirane. News quickly spread that the British garrisons had left a few days earlier. The city fell without any shot being fired. The campaign allowed Italia to recover the oil Albanian fields near of Tirane.

The Old Feud

In 1939, the High Command proposed to our Beloved Leader, Benito Mussolini, to issue an ultimatum to the Greek. The quarrel over Crete and Kerkyra (the province along the border of Albania, mostly populated by Italians) could not be settled through diplomatic means. The League of Nations, probably after a British request, postponed the audience and talks could not proceed. Even if it was tempting, the ultimatum was postponed as it came at the same time the British were invading Sicilia. Italian war effort, at the time, could not be diverted from its main priority: protect the main land.

What could not be made in 1939, for sure could be done in late 1940. As such, the Axis declared a full war against Greece in late December. The Axis Balkans campaign was making a rather swift progress, as Bulgaria had just surrendered, a couple of days after Yugoslavia. Greek resistance at the fortress of Ioannina was valiant but the combined effort of Divisions Messina, Aosta, Cosseria and Pavia, supported by the Gruppo I di Bombardieri d’Assalto (Drago y Centauro squadriglias) prevailed. Italians losses were minimal, while the Greeks left behind all their material and supply.

OPERATION “ZANZIBAR”: THE AFRICAN HORN IS ROMAN AGAIN
Il Popolo d’Italia
October 1940

I announce, to the Italian people and to the world, that Peace was re-established, our Peace, the Roman Peace, Ethiopia is, as the whole East African Horn of Africa, Italian”, said Benito Mussolini, on a public meeting on the Piazza Venezia, after the news that Italians troops re-occupying the port of Assad (Eritrea) spread in the city.

Free French and British possessions falling at the hand of the Camice Nere

The Italians kept advancing in Kenya throughout the Fall, until they encountered territories with such a low infrastructure level that no advance could be done South. The 7a Divisioni Cirene was ordered to entrenched itself and defend the new coast, South of Mombasa, at all cost. The advance toward Belgium uranium field in Congo, even if planned on paper, could not be fulfilled on the field. An invasion from the East proved to be impossible.

At the same time, and with less help than hoped from the Ethiopian Army, but some help even though, the 151 Divisioni Peruga, and the 153 Divisioni Palerma moved North, trying to encircled the Free French army in Djibouti. The French were able to move out in time, but Italia was able to seize the land and secure all the ports in the area but one (as Djibouti is still a Free French possession, for the moment). The Free French army was defeated in fierce fighting in the mountains, where the lack of infrastructures proved to be a real hurdle to any quick resolution of the Zanzibar operation.

NDLR: Looking North, the Italians can now assess how they will implement the second part of the Zanzibar Operation, e.g. freeing Sudan from the British domination and occupying the South-East Coast of the Arabic Peninsula. As expected, the low infrastructure level was a real drag to any operation in the region. Nonetheless, we were able to fully reach our objectives. The contribution of the Ethiopian army was rather small as the Puppet did not commit to take the targets that were assigned to him. The Camice Nere troops had to do the job all by themselves, the Ethiopians coming after to pacify the few pockets left behind.

Last edited:
Communique Imperial Japanese Government: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

There comes a time in all situations where the Just must stand their ground and be a bulwork against the wickedness that pervades our world. This time for the Japanese people has arrived. For too long, we have turned the other cheek and suffered the indignation of continued passive hostility from the United Kingdom. We had not doubts that if the British citizenry were informed of this aggression that they would demand a change of action by their government. To this end, the Japanese government sought to bring the truth to light and show the peoples of the United Kingdom that their government was engaged in an Undeclared War against the peaceful people of the Japanese Co-Prosperity Sphere. Unfortunately, the massive public outcry was not enough to prevent the power mongering bureaucrats from altering their plan of subjugation for the entire Asian peoples.

As such, it is with a heavy heart that the Japanese government formally acknowledges a state of hostilities between the United Kingdom and those nations that cower behind its coat tails; and the Asian citizens who yearn for a better, more prosperous, more peaceful world. Already, Japanese peacekeepers have reintroduced freedom and prosperity to the peoples of Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and the Phillipines. Joyous celebrations arose all across the Pacific, as our lightly armed food and clothing relief convoys battled back the planes, ships, and aircraft carriers of the war mongering nations of the United Kingdom and the United States of America. These peoples, long oppressed under Western colonial rule, flock to the banners of the Co-Prosperity Sphere in defense of our common desire for peace.

We truly and fervently hope that the Western "Allies" will recognize the rights of these peoples to be free and independent from colonial rule. A lasting Pacific Peace could be obtained by such small but important measures.

Go Japan! :) As UK seem to have tonnes of troops in Northern Africa, the time seem ripe. Hope we'll see some naval combat screeners later on.