• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
actually all nations are tribes of a nation called humanity... time for russia to go wc? :)

they are also devided by level of germanisation and alphabet, croat-serbian border is the borderline between cyrylic and latin alphabets

@Asalto: Many thanks, I'm pleased with your comment :) About "tribes" - interesting word to represent the nations of Yugoslavia :D But it's probably correct - Serbs, Croats, Bosnians and Slovenes are technically one nation, divided into "tribes", AFAIK, their languages are very similar and they divided only by the religion, right?

And History!

@Asalto: Many thanks, I'm pleased with your comment :) About "tribes" - interesting word to represent the nations of Yugoslavia :D But it's probably correct - Serbs, Croats, Bosnians and Slovenes are technically one nation, divided into "tribes", AFAIK, their languages are very similar and they divided only by the religion, right?

Idea of South Slavic tribes was in fact unitarist idea of Alexander I (I said he was not a figurehead ;)) to create a single Yugoslav nation, as it would be easier to neglect national identities of containing groups if they'd be considered only as a tribes and not as nations. As for diffrences between those nations, Slovenes differ from Southern cousins linguistically in pretty obvious way while Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks have more similar languages. But as others said too, there is also alphabet (Latin and Cyrilic), history, foreign influences...We're very German-like by culture for example.

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire 2

smalltitle.jpg
Chapter Two: 1930s
Part IX: Beginning of the darkness 1933

So, 1933 began as a new part of the history of mankind. And that period wasn't going to be bright and peaceful...In January prime minister convened a council, which was essential to attend for all ministers of the cabinet. In March all ministers arrived at Tavrichesky Palace to participate in the session of the council. The main target of that meeting was discussion of pros and cons of Russian economical, political, military and diplomatic situation.

Diplomatic relationships were under Konovalov's jurisdiction. Russia had two puppets - Mongolia and Eastern Turkestan (Siankiang) and one ally - Yugoslavia. So, her sphere of influence wasn't big...

Russian army was the biggest in the world (as usual), consisting of 166 infantry, 31 cavalry, 4 marine, 5 mountain infantry and 11 HQ divisions. So, totally there were 217 divisions in the Russian army. #2 army was in France (102) and #3 was (surprisingly) Ethiopia with 53 divisions.

Russian navy (which was nearly destroyed during the Great war) aggressively expanded during 15 years of the interbellum. Industrial might and rapid growth helped the Russians to create strong naval forces, the second in the world. The navy consisted of 2 carriers, 1 light carrier, 15 battleships, 6 battlecruisers, 16 heavy cruisers, 19 light cruisers, 45 destroyer flotillas, 28 submarine flotillas and 16 transport flotillas. Totally it was 148 ships, while naval power #1 - the UK - had 150 vessels. #3 navy was American - with 108 ships totally. So, the interbellum period was a real resurrection of the Russian navy.

Situation with the Air Forces was very good, Russia had 16 air squadrons, the biggest air force in the world. The USA and Japan had 9 squadrons and were #2 and #3 air powers.

Of course, without massive industrialization Russian military would never become so powerful. But huge military forces needed a lot of resources and it took a lot of time to upgrade the weapons...

Russian economy in 1933 - 1 light carrier and two carriers to be built, a lot of IC goes for military upgrades​

But in the military sphere there were more problems than successes. One of the main problems were obsolete technologies. Russian army techs were quite outdated.

Russian techs​

On 5 of March the Germans made their choice. Adolf Hitler, hysterical Nazi and leader of the NSDAP, officially became the Chancellor. The new era of Germany had begun. The Germans were so tired of unemployment, national infamy, weak economy and other problems, that they believed in Hitler. They considered him as their only hope for the future.

Adolf Hitler is now a Reich Chancellor

i_007.jpg

Hitler and Hindenburg​

While in Germany a fanatical leader took the high post, in America president Franklin Roosevelt was trying to save his country from the terrible economic crisis.

Economic changes in the USA

NewDealNRA.jpg

National Recovery Administration​

In Germany flag of the Weimar republic was soon forgotten. Party banner of NSDAP became a symbol of the new era.

Sieg Heil!​

In deep Asia the new conflict was going to begin. Manchuria and Inner Mongolia, occupied by the Japanese in 1920s were struck by anti-Japanese revolts.

Quite dangerous actions...

lllmf.jpg

Major Kenji Doihara, officer of the Japanese secret service, who started anti-partisan operations in Manchuria​

In July Germany started recovering from the Great war aftermath. Hitler was a right man to recover the German industry, but for what? Many people were sure that new chancellor was going to create new German warmachine...

One more symbol of the new Germany - Autobahn. These fast controlled-access highways were the best for fast travels or...fast redeployment of the army corps?

Hitler symbolically "starts building" the new Autobahn.​

France and other countries of the former Entente were shocked with the industrial success of Germany. That forces the French president to start his own recovery policy.

France is scared

99-Albert-Lebrun.jpg

Albert Lebrun, president of France

To be continued
Waiting for your comments
Next update: January, 1

Last edited:
It is going to be very interesting to see how Nazi Germany does in your game. I have heard that AI Germany can have problems with trying to gain any successes and could have trouble trying to build a powerful enough army to face you and the Allies.

I am looking forward to seeing how things develop post 1933. Good update.

i agree with my forespeaker, western europe is western europe... the civil war on that penisula is of no current interest to us! i propose to concentrate on forming the "intermediate region"(wikipedia) with extras like half of china, korea and alaska. :D

Honestly, I think that occupation of Danzig and Eastern Prussia makes the war with Germany inevitable.

If reconquest of those areas is German priority, then we should expect some kind of Ribbentrop-Daladier agreement, so Germans could protect their backs?

Are any of those 15 battleships pre-dreadnoughts, or did you scrap them all following the defeat of the Central Powers?

This gets more interesting by the day. I say begin building an Eastern Bloc; intimidate Hitler.

well, the thing there should be that western allies soemhow join germany, otherwise its just suicide for germany...
grand axis:
italy - balkans, west turkey, crimea + south european puppets
uk - central asia, murmans, + puppet of eastern caucasus of finland of afghanistan of persia and of uyghurstan
france - eastern turkey, arkhangielsk, + puppet of georgia
japan - most of far eastern coastline, south east of siberia + united mongolian puppet and of primorsk
nationalist spain - economical consesions in russia/siberia
germany, lebensraum + puppets of muscovy petersburg and tzarytzyn
siberia as independent republic or duchy/kingdom giving economical concesions to everyone. or as a puppet of usa if they join the greater axis.

russias most darkest hour: the greater axis target:

because: british threatened by russia, france wants soem too, italy wants more than in ww1, germany wants lebensraum, japan wants more than china alone and everyone wants the heartlands resources (aka siberia)

and foremostly this is the only thing that can give you any sort of a challenge... i just wonder what would america do... thye would love "independent" siberia thingie :D

Last edited:
Yes, seems like Hitler and the West would forget their misunderstandings to beat the Russian giant. It's logical (or they'll perform like USSR and Germany IRL - friendship at first, then terrible war). Russia vs. The West is badass indeed! :D

I think Germany will want revenge against Russia the most, and for this reason, hell probably attack Russia last.

Italy has all the conditions and more needed for a Fascist coup and a friendship with Germany, and if Nationalist Spain, Portugal, Hungary, some south american states and Austria joins as well you might just have an Axis powerful enough to fight back against the Western allies.

With lack of a October Revolution, Communist parties everywhere will be much weaker, allowing Fascists much better chances at success.

Friction between yourself and the West will also be building up and could potentially erupt into a war.

My personal opinion is that you should take advantage of attention being focused on Hitler, annex Mongolia, Manchuria, Korea, your claims against Japan, some areas of Northern China and gain yourself some treaty ports from them as well. With the Allies busy worrying about Hitler, Russia can play the game much as Hitler did in reality, as the West cannot afford to fight both you and Hitler, and will not be willing to go to war with you over some minor territorial gains against savages. This would also set the stage for Japan and China to join the Axis/Allies, both wanting revenge against you. If both join the Axis, then it might be strong enough to pose a reasonable challenge.

Of course, with this new aggression you might see some form of pact between Germany and France.