• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
go for picassa

son of liberty knows how to fix it, (how to fix it mr Liberty?) and as long you dont make pix >5mb i think you wont know ny troubles in next few years (besides who makes pix of gameplay extend beyond 1mb?)

I answered in the pm, but for those who do not know just replace the url tags with img tags. Just quote what I did if that is unclear.

That post now contains both the url link and the img link so you can see exactly what to do.

Yay!:) Looking forward to it.

Can't wait to see the tsardom fight on! :)

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire 2

smalltitle.jpg
Chapter Five: 1941
Part XXXIV: Khotyat li russkie voiny*

*Do the Russians really want war?

Manchurian front became a nightmare when the winter came and snow covered the steppes. Russians were well-known to be as tough as possible during such season, but even Siberian soldiers were badly suffering from the weather. Probably, "General Winter" first time used friendly-fire against Russian army.

ScreenSave72.jpg

Two Russian corps leaving Mudanjiang on 14 of December

986.bdirwthn0e80oswsoo88400ss.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

Cold trenches of Manchuria...​

In Huma everything was almost done to break the North-Manchurian front completely. Arkhangelsky believed that the Japanese didn't have any fresh reinforces available.

ScreenSave73.jpg

Arkhangelsky storms Huma​

Bulgarian front was bad. Wrangel didn't know what to do - he simply didn't have enough fresh divisions to redeloy them to Constantinople. The most important strategic point in the Black Sea was going to fall very soon. With Bosphorus under their control, Germans could effectively supply their troops in the southern parts of the Russian Empire. Hitler was pleased with Balkan front.

ScreenSave74.jpg

Russian army is pushed out of Adrianople

img_1861.f59dvzjw1bcoskggsg4g4wowk.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

Russian communication soldier in the Balkans​

Wrangel couldn't sacrifice so many troops in Constantinople. He ordered to defend the city as long as possible and sent Black Sea transports to evacuate the troops. On 17 of December rear admiral Geiden left his port and moved to the Holy City.

ScreenSave77.jpg

Operation "Rescue" begins​

On the next day Japanese armies reached Mudanjuang. The city was again under Manchukuo's control - offensive in southern Manchuria turned into bloody exhausting stalemate, digged down in the snow.

ScreenSave79.jpg

Japanese army returns

jap1.diruzpk8gzcwg8g008kw08k04.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

IJA pilots getting instructions - very soon they'll go bombing Russian positions​

Heroic defense of Tromso continued - supply genius Mannerheim managed to keep his army in good conditions, but Norwegian army was fighting till the last breath. Arctic front was as stative as Western front in the WW1.

ScreenSave80.jpg

Mannerheim tries again and again​

By 22 of December Adrianople was lost and Constantinople was so close for the Axis...

ScreenSave81.jpg

Thrace will be lost...

826bbc378265e704_large2.e4odw76z1c84g80wkk0wwgcks.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

Bulgarian soldiers in the trenches​

The catastrophe began on 24 of December. General Boldyrev, one of the Russian commanders, wasted most of his forces in the bloody defense of Adrianople. So, when he was attacked by 2 German divisions in Gallipoli, his 8 nominal (equal to 1,5 real division) divisions couldn't do anything. Constantinople looked like terrible pocket, but general Masalov (general-governor of Constantinople) was indecisive to evacuate his troops. He believed that he could stop the Germans and Bulgarians there...

ScreenSave82.jpg

Gallipoli in flames

2231.b6cpw6i0in4kwwo4084scogs0.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

Bulgarian armored car Sd.Kfz. 222​

Because of Boldyrev's affair, Geiden couldn't finish his mission - transport squadron was attacked by Luftwaffe bombers, and most of vessels were severely damaged - 3 flotillas were sunk, two returned to Crimea. Wrangel was really angry - he called Boldyrev and Masalov idiots. Evacuation was spoilt. Constantinople was doomed.

ScreenSave83.jpg

Geiden returns with terrific casualties

dscn0706.domb7j9kfjwcc0gc04kcko00s.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

Russian soldiers from Constantinople corps. Now nothing can save them from death or imprisonment​

On the Polish front Russians started performing actively - Germans weren't ready for cruel frosts and stopped their offensives and breakthroughs. It was a great chance for a Russian comeback. On 30 of December general Kruze launched so-called "New Year Offensive" to take Bydgoszcz back.

ScreenSave84.jpg

Russian counterattack on New Year's Eve

20090613ataka.dosq2ewvfbsc0s4s0k0gkwgw8.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

Attack, attack!​

On the same day Karbyshev, Wrangel (Commader-in-Chief was always on the frontline), Shaposhnikov and Scherbachev stormed Wloclawek.

ScreenSave85.jpg

The Germans will remember that day

ScreenSave86.jpg

Field Marshal Wrangel leads his troops personally

To be continued
Waiting for your comments
Next update: March, 14

Last edited:
I'd get some troops and put them into a rear defence line along the Vistula. That should have been done by the Thrace troops, but they are doomed, so that plan will take longer than expected.

Do you have any means of evacuating troops from Constantinople?

@Jedrek: My Baltic fleet transports and Pacific fleet transports are fine. But Pacific is blocked by the Japanese, while Baltic will have to make a great journey across the seas. I think it will be too late and too dangerous...so it looks like a necessary sacrifice :(

Let's stop the Jerries before they go to Belarus and Ukraine! Show how much better the Tzarists are at fighting than the Bolsheviks!

oooooooooooooooook

i change my mind, appease german warmachine, stand ground at riga-smolensk-kursk-tzarytzyn line! ;)

anyway, you know there was a series of documentaries depicting theaters of ww2 called "battlefield", try to cut off some best scenes, i think they had taken best short parts of films from that period.

I really can't tell whether your winning or not. :S Its quite a lot of fun to read though.