• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Swiss just couldn't withstand the massive Tverian ... armies.

And so the story ends on a positive note. I suspect an Empress Felcja is about to rise to the throne following the accidental falling out of a window of the late Tsarina Maria II whose last words were those of the rest of her ancestors.

The Horde may have spared the world some much trouble, but they could not have bestrode the world so elegantly (though Huiver would disagree) and with such style.

This has been a well told tale.

And no, he certainly won't be forgotten, as you will see...

I scrolled, I saw and I smiled.

A phenomenal ending to the story, and that map was most impressive. Finally the assets of the Empire trumps the assets of the Empress!
Now if you excuse me, the gallery of statues made me need to reread this AAR, see you all by next year!

Excellent stuff and well done on finishing!

I've followed along pretty much all the way even if I've not said much and enjoyed it hugely :)

Great game! I loved the story and the successes, and the many murders and accidents. I wait for your next AAR with baited breath!

Have another pointless but hopefully encouraging post thanking you for doing this great AAR, it was an inTveresting read from start (well, 3 or 4 kings in) to finish. :)

Wow, I can't believe that is has been two years since the beginning of this AAR. You've made some great progress- both with the nation you were playing and with your writing skills. It was great fun to follow this AAR.
Congraulations on finishing such a great AAR and I hope we'll see more from you in the future!

Bravo!
Just wanted to say a great read from beginning to end, and a lot of stand out moments (can't pick a favorite, but Empress Aleksandras' ascension being a stand-out for me; mainly for the horrendously excellent pun rounding it out).

All I have to add to that is...ENCORE!

'What I cannot stand, Dobczyńska, is neutrality.'

Cannot agree more with Maria. What good neutrality, peace and prosperity in comparison to infamy, constant warfare and strife?

The Swiss defences, by this point, had more holes in them than cheeses from a multi-lingual alpine region between France and Germany.

Nope, sorry, I'm going to need a few more hints before I work out where you are referring to.

I'm trying to think of suitable superlatives and I'm struggling. So instead, thank you for this work of brilliance.

Hope you start a new AAR very, very soon.

Sincere thanks to all :)

By the way, for those who like such things the Family Tree in post one has been updated to include the Sugorsky and Khilkov dynasties.

So many good AAR's ending today :(
Then again, so many good AAR's ending today:)

you did miss the AAR's second anniversary by 12 days though, this clearly proves you should have taken the Swiss clock-factories over earlier;)
It was a great read, very well done.

Yes indeed, one of my regrets with this AAR - but if I'd been offered this result at the start I'd have taken it!

well done you.

So glad you didn't give up when being overrun by hordes every other day. You've produced a range of brilliant characters, shifted tone a few times (I did so enjoy the Huiver interlude) and the drawings (plus dramatic deaths) were spot on throughout. And yes the puns were impressive, brilliantly deployed to keep the narrative running along.

so, at the risk of breaching a rule ... Большое спасибо и С Новым Годом, да здравствует Тверь

High praise from a fine AAR writer :) Yes, weird to look at those early days of getting battered by the tartars now. I always looked forward to your responses, its survival is as much to you, and posters like you, as it is to me :)

Well done! I will miss those crazy Tverians.

Who was your favorite monarch and your favorite Doncynzki?

Taken me ages to try and answer this question! :D

Favourite monarch, by a whisker, was Mikhael III, being largely based on two of my favourite people (James IV and Niccolo Machiavelli) in my favourite period of history. Aleksandr 'The Bear' II, Czarina Aleksandra and Maria I were also favourites.

Dobczyński? Mirin Janusz, aka Mijado. I had lots if time to plan him and I think, in many ways, I made a better job of developing him than some of the others. And I think Marta Hallie would be a controversial choice ;)

The Swiss just couldn't withstand the massive Tverian ... armies.

And so the story ends on a positive note. I suspect an Empress Felcja is about to rise to the throne following the accidental falling out of a window of the late Tsarina Maria II whose last words were those of the rest of her ancestors.

The Horde may have spared the world some much trouble, but they could not have bestrode the world so elegantly (though Huiver would disagree) and with such style.

This has been a well told tale.

You never know with Felicja...although my next project, when I get around to it, might make that seem rather unliekly...

And well, even Huiver-Bagge has been known to be wrong.

All right, that's not true, he hasn't...

I scrolled, I saw and I smiled.

A phenomenal ending to the story, and that map was most impressive. Finally the assets of the Empire trumps the assets of the Empress!
Now if you excuse me, the gallery of statues made me need to reread this AAR, see you all by next year!

I thought about doing something that included all of them in some way, but that would have taken up too much space and time - and would have beena bit self-indulgent, so I thought a reminder of few highlights would provide a nice ending.

Excellent stuff and well done on finishing!

I've followed along pretty much all the way even if I've not said much and enjoyed it hugely :)

From someone of your standing, that's a huge compliment :) Like others, looking forward to your next project as well :D But was always happy to see your comments, be they on gameplay or curry...

Great game! I loved the story and the successes, and the many murders and accidents. I wait for your next AAR with baited breath!

Might want to breathe at some point, since I don't know how long it'll take :D But your comments and support - especially in support of the Rurik dynasty :D - have greatly helped me to make this thing. Vive le Rurique!

This has been great entertainment all the way trough. Well done on finishing it :)

Have another pointless but hopefully encouraging post thanking you for doing this great AAR, it was an inTveresting read from start (well, 3 or 4 kings in) to finish. :)

Not pointless at all to me, every comment here has made me smile and feel like it was worth it :)

...aww, what was wrong with the start? ;)

Sad to see this end. Definitely one of the best AARs there is.

Cheers, I'll miss them a bit. They've been part of my life for 2 years, but I'm sort of glad it's over too. It will live on in my signature at least :D

Wow, I can't believe that is has been two years since the beginning of this AAR. You've made some great progress- both with the nation you were playing and with your writing skills. It was great fun to follow this AAR.
Congraulations on finishing such a great AAR and I hope we'll see more from you in the future!

Seems like a long time ago. No London Olympics, a different Pope, independence referendum still years away...different world :D

Bravo!
Just wanted to say a great read from beginning to end, and a lot of stand out moments (can't pick a favorite, but Empress Aleksandras' ascension being a stand-out for me; mainly for the horrendously excellent pun rounding it out).

All I have to add to that is...ENCORE!

I'm always happy to read that people especially liked or remembered particular bits or characters :)

Cannot agree more with Maria. What good neutrality, peace and prosperity in comparison to infamy, constant warfare and strife?

Nope, sorry, I'm going to need a few more hints before I work out where you are referring to.

I'm trying to think of suitable superlatives and I'm struggling. So instead, thank you for this work of brilliance.

Hope you start a new AAR very, very soon.

Without you sir, quite simply, it would never have happened. Thank you for Glasgow Kiss - no Glasgow Kiss, no InTveresting Times. Which sounds like a west-coast seduction tip.

So, thank you. I missed you towards the end, hope all well with you and that we will see more work from you in your own good time :)

It's a shame this has ended. I look forward to your next project!

Yes, next projects. This has taken me a week because I wanted to be swish and post a link to it, but it's not done yet and I don't know how long it will take. It will happen. It has begun. I know what it is. And I don't think the mods will mind if I put one last post here when it is finally ready, but I want to reply now incase you all think I've been ignoring your comments which, even after it's ended, mean a huge amount to me :)

For better or worse, Fyregecko, puns, mindless violence, weak innuendo and barely-justified nudity will return! But for now, a final thanks to all readers and commenters who have supported me in this thing's creation :)

As a final note, gentles all, a link to my new project. No posts yet, but the work on it has begun:

A Dark And Dangerous Tale

Thank you all one last time, and goodnight :)