• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 2, 2009
When I start war with soviet Union a have a 1.650.000 soldiers against Red Army. When I reached to Dniepr (1kk soldiers), then problems starts who with time are getting bigger. So I withdrew from Dniepr around 400.000 soldiers, including all tanks, I built the infrastructure in Poland, I got bonus form decisions "destiny", and is not better! its worse!

kurwaPNG_rhrhexw.PNG

I wonder what from are the problems between the Oder and Vistula? Before the war in this terren passed supplies for 1.650.000 soldiers (including 19 tanks divisions) and there were no problems. Now, infrastrukture is better, there are a technologies and the army is less, so from where are this problems?!

It really sounds weird. There are a couple of things you can do and/or check:
1. Assign at lvl 5 skill commander to your army groups. Each skill lvl gives a 5% increase in supply throughput.
2. Assign logistics wizards to theatre, army group and army HQ’s to reduce supply usage even further reduce supply usage.
3. Check your occupation policies, the more revolts the less supply gets through.
4. Whats the season? Supply throughput is less in winter, fall and spring!
5. Have you increased the number of fuel consuming units drastically?

EDIT: BTW there are two "politicians" you can assign for better supply. I see you have one, Bayerlein who increases supply throughput. In another function you can assign one thats gives a 10% supply usage reduction.

far too few input to estimate your issue.
my first thoughts so far:
I don't see any suppressing forces in poland. partisans affect the supply throughput.
in the beginning of barbarossa you won't have much trouble to supply the ostheer cause they usually draw supplies from their depots in the former staging areas. with the advance the supply routes are stretched and the supply is "normalized".

I usualy have the same problem, thats why you have to encircle and destroy most russian units at the begining of the war so that a few (25-50) infantrydivisions can do the hard task of walking to siberia and caucasus. Thats how i win every time. Also, build out the infrastructure from berlin through poland and above and belove the marshes all the way to moscow and sevastopol, atleast. After that i have no supply problems at all.

I have also been having major supply issues with Barbarossa. Despite doing infrastructure builds through Poland (now at 100% in 1942) and building two lines (one to Moscow and one to Rostov) with builds up to 100% in the works I still get a 2 province gap where the infrastructure does not get better in each supply line which remain at 50% while on either side the infrastructure is 70-80% as of late 1942. I have dump garrison divisions (2 brigades of garrison inf + 1 MP battallion) and have effected revolt risk but not sure if anything has happened to construction yet.

95% of the cases is due to the Exploitation Occupation Policy which in fact exploits Germans more than Soviets :)

Last edited:
On conquered land the partisants was 0 or 1,6%. Every where was "collaboration government"

Heh, if will be Exploitation then will be 6% partisants and then supply shoud have 600 PP! (normal is 100-120 PP)

Very strange then. I assume your army then is too big. You probably have 200 divisions in the Eastern Front?

About 165 divisions at the beginning of war. When I reached the Dnieper then withdrew for Oder about 40 divisions. After two years I began siege of Moscov. After half year Red Army did not have the supply and then I reduced the army to 50% + tech '48 + infra on Ukraine = no problems with supply.

In order to get supplies to the front as Germany I use the following tactics in descending order of priority:
1) Upgrade supply production\throughoutput techs (including port basing)
2) Capture Russian ports and ship supplies forward*
3) Build up transport plane fleets and use them to fly supplies to the very front lines from well supplied sources such as Leningrad\Sevastopol
4) Maintain 1xINF-1xPOL brigades in poland to maintain order and protect supply lines from partisan harrasment
5) Upgrade polish infrastructure
6) Maintain only as many tanks and planes as you need to keep your advance going, no more

*From the baltic coast to leningrad and surrounding areas, and from med ports to the black sea

I haven't had much issue, even with 200+ divisions on the Dnepr. My only thought would be to make sure you move those 40 divisions back at the Oder out of the way, since if they are in the supply line toward the East then they are using up province throughput, which is limited. You can dump all 40 in Berlin and they'll be fine (drawing directly from the reserve), or just put them to the South or West of Berlin.
Watch unit composition - 165 divisions may be a lot if many of them are supply hogs. How many MEC and ARM do you have? They're hogs. Masses of artillery (more than 1 per division) can increase your supply needs a lot. I generally use 2 INF 1 ART as Germany, and outfit a few assault units with more ART.

EDIT: It is also possible that the damaged Soviet infra hasn't had time to repair yet (your screenshot indicates infra limitations, red hatching).

How many MEC and ARM do you have? They're hogs. Masses of artillery (more than 1 per division) can increase your supply needs a lot. I generally use 2 INF 1 ART as Germany, and outfit a few assault units with more ART.
I wouldn't say that Artillery is that much of a supply theif.

They only consume 33% more then infantry, unlike the following usual suspects:

Mot: about +133% supply + fuel use
Mec: about +400% supply + fuel use
Arm: about +700% supply + fuel use

Also if you want to optimize supply you really should go for larger divisions then 3bde that so more brigades can be effected by logistics wizards.

1. Weather
2. Season
3. Mud
4. Complete disregard for the revoltrisk system
5. Probably a bad oob.

If I was handed that game to play heres what I would do.

First I would mass produce about 30 MP brigades and start a line of single or dual MP's starting at the Annex line and follow the main supply pipeline all the way up to the front lines and branch off as the supply map mode shows they branch off. Then I would make 5 cav divisions of 3 brigades each and assign them to an Army group called "anti partisan Group" and put them in poland and station these troops 1-2 provinces away from the supply pipeline so that their draw does not use the pipeline completely. I would also adjust my command to have a level 1-3 logistical wizard in the theatre, then all AG's would have 4+ logistical wizards and if there aren't any to be had put skill 5 generals in the ones you can't put logisticals in. At army level I'd put your highest level logisticals left over, then put whatever ones left over into corps. If you have plenty of generic level 3 commanders left over I'd pair the MP's up and go every other province and assign the mp's to AG's for an added logistical bonus. I choose to seperate my suppression from anti partisan to save on supply usage and lessen the draw on the pipeline(mp's save WAY more supply than they use). If you need to apply these changes on the fly then lessen the occupation to collaboration government and air supply over poland till the MP's are in place. Partisans that might pop up on MP's will be dead before the retreating MP even finishes his retreat since you have fast moving anti partisans only a few provinces away.

Not the point!

You need to understand how supply attrition works.

If Division A consumes 1.0 supplies when stationary in Berlin with good army group leader it will still consume 1.0 supply in Russia but the further away the more will be lost on the way from attrition.

If Division A is now very deep into Russia instead, and lets also say it's out of range of its armygroup (not getting supplybonus) it might need 3.0 supply to be delivered from Berlin in order for 1.5 (no bonus) to reach it.

So the supply need can be greater for fewer divisions, when they are much further away. Especially if you have partisans and mud that will increase how much supply is lost on the way.

Summary:
¤ In your first screenshot many divisions are no further away then 10-15 provinces. In 1944 the distance is probably 3-5 times longer.
¤ In your first screenshot the front is also more "spread out" counting in degrees around Berlin, half of them are probably not supplied through your marked area but the path below it.

Revoltrisk...plain and simple. MP that supply line and you'll be set, also don't stop producing supply, sell the excess supply if you have a large stockpile. The reason why is cause IC provinces along the supply line will produce supply to help reduce the amount of transfer costs.

The reason why is cause IC provinces along the supply line will produce supply to help reduce the amount of transfer costs.
This effect should be minimal since there are no German core provinces that can produce supplies along the route east of where the problems are. As far as I know only core provinces can produce supplies and only to nearby units/passing supplylines.

Also even if they did produce supplies it wouln't reduce transfer costs, only help the problem caused by them.

This effect should be minimal since there are no German core provinces that can produce supplies along the route east of where the problems are. As far as I know only core provinces can produce supplies and only to nearby units/passing supplylines.

Also even if they did produce supplies it wouln't reduce transfer costs, only help the problem caused by them.

Um, actually IC does get produced in every Ic province, the reason why its not really noticable in some non cores is because its based on the % of effective IC. if a province produces 10% of your total effective IC then 10% of the total supply units produced in the day are deployed to that province. Cores typically will have lots of supply and noncores that are 1-2 IC with the occupation penalties will be less than 1 effective IC. Supply does not magically appear at the capital every day...but fuel does. Also when i stated that point, it was about why the hatchmarks are sometimes not all the way down a supply line like his screenshot shows. Thats because there are various IC provinces along the path that are generating supply and its trickling back and gets gobbled up by the demands of his lines. They don't have to be a large amount of supply there, just enough to wipe the transfer costs slate clean. Excess supply movement does not get taxed, only demand does. Locally generated supply will cause a demand for any previous movemnts along the path to be less, the transfer cost is % of the supply being moved. Less supply, less tax. Easily shown in a long game as Japan, most of your IC will be on the mainland of Asia because dalian and korea are cores and most the Captured IC+korea/dalian>Japan mainland IC so supply stockpile in china will always be outrageous compared to Tokyo.

Um, actually IC does get produced in every Ic province
Not from what I have noticed. If you produce 500 supplies with 40 ICs then 1 IC in a cut off enemy city should be able to produce 12.5 supplies per day or thus supply over 10 divisions if you have good logistics leaders.

In my exprience this just doesn't happen at all.

Also if your correct then harsh occupation laws should actually be a good thing for supply since they massivley increase the IC of occupied Cities (and thus increase local supply production). Why need supplyroutes at all if you can just produce all supplies needed locally?

Supply does not magically appear at the capital every day...but fuel does.
Oh yes it does. Why does Soviet need the transsiberian railway supply route if they just can produce supplies in siberia? Have you looked at the supply mapmode at all?

You are misunderstanding what I am saying. If you have a total effective IC of 100 and you are producing 500 supplies a day(the tooltip would say 500 is produced in home territory). Then you take a noncore territory with 1 IC in it. With full occupation thats 0.40 of your 100 effective IC. So thats .004 x 500= 2.0 suply units. That province will have 2.0 local supply if its empty and not in a supply route already(because it will have local supply from other provinces from the previous days demands. I've also seen islands or areas connected only thru supply convoys at sea never generate anything if theres no convoys setup so that could be in play as well.

You are not to factor in what IC you are spending on supplies that day, its the total effective IC of the nation. spread out amongst them all based on their effective status.