• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marmz

Corporal
81 Badges
Dec 10, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
^ Title ^ "[...] steam key (16 digits)"

I've tried filling the void spaces with Xs (plural of X), to no avail.

I can play the game just fine though.
Thus it's a minor issue (a non-issue by this age's corrupted standards).

Still, beauty lies in the whole, and that whole is composed entirely of details. Butch the details and there is no whole.

Ponder wisely.

P.S.
I'll bend the topic a little here, but I also can't register Sword of the Stars (complete) on this forum, because somehow steam doesn't list any game key.
The game (minus the "complete") is listed under the "My Games" tab of this forum, yet there seems to be no section of this forum dedicated to the game.

Is that purposeful? It could be : I mean, the game is "complete", so maybe someone figured there was no need for a dedicated forum anymore.
That would also explain why its sequel is listed under "current games", since it's currently in development.
It's logically consistent; I'm happy with that.

For some time now your rational eluded me Paradox, but now it starts to all make sense!
I'm less happy with that, however.

Last edited:
The logic behind which games get icons and which don't has long eluded most everyone. Asking in the Sword of the Stars forum might help you more with that question.

But the problem with M&B F&S is that Paradox has not received the codes from Taleworlds. The first batch arrived, so some have the icon and registration, but future customers don't get any.
All forums on M&B are therefore open to all forum member, to make sure that everyone gets what otherwise would have been limited to registered users.

Oh no! So, we have the same issue with keys of "With Fire and Sword" from Steam, just like it happened with Warband?

Do you know which digital distributors do NOT give issues when trying to register either Warband or WFaS?

I see. If the problems definitelly come from TaleWorlds side because they sent an incorrect list of keys (or they didn't send them at all to Paradox), what do they say about this matter? Has somebody got an answer from them already?

I guess that, the same way you can get a key of the games in Steam (supposed to be a key that they received from TaleWorlds) in order to activate the game and play it online, the developer should be also able to send the same keys back to Paradox, huh? (Just wondering...)

I don't know all the details, but the way I understood it Taleworlds did send the correct keys, but in a manner or format that makes if a lot of manual work to actually enter them into the database. And since even unpaid interns have better things to do than to manually enter a gazillion codes, and Taleworlds seemed to be unable to offer anything better..

I'm having this problem too. I was able to register Warband but not fire and sword.

M&B forums are open to all, so all you miss out on is the icon
WFAS.png
not support:D

I'm having this problem too. I was able to register Warband but not fire and sword.

Could you let us know where you bought Warband so you can register it? I think it's something exceptional for people that didn't buy the game a LONG time ago.

The problem is that Taleworlds haven't sent those keys to Paradox in a format that makes it possible to add them to the database for forum registration.

So all Paradox subforums for Mount and Blade are open for all Paradox users for that reason, so at least you are not missing out on anything. (Beyond the icon, that is)

So essentially, Taleworlds makes a bunch of CD keys and sells them through various means including steam. At that point they compile a list of these codes and sends them to Paradox, but in a manner that makes it difficult/tedious for Paradox to add to their own list of codes. Therefore, Paradox cannot add them fast enough to keep up with the sales by Taleworlds, creating a sort of gap of time in which there are many sold codes that don't yet exist and thus cannot be registered here on this forum? And registering on this forum is what makes much of multiplayer possible. I'm not sure if that is inaccurate or not, correct me if I'm wrong. So if I bought the game and the code doesn't work, the code will eventually work after everyone is updated with serial keys?

Is there any way to set up a private network that my friends can join even without this authorization until everything gets updated? I've had my copy (purchased through Steam) since May 2010 and just convinced my friend to get it just this past weekend and we're having a lot of issues trying to play on private servers. Any idea how long it takes until his serial key will work?

And registering on this forum is what makes much of multiplayer possible.
Registering on this forum has nothing to do with playing MP.
Since they've opened the boards here to everyone (due to the inability of legitimate owners registering their keys) the only thing registering WFaS on this forum does is give you the little WFaS icon.

Cabadrin is correct. You can still use your key to validate the game, since that is handled by Taleworlds. And you can use Paradox or Taleworlds MP forums. The only thing this failure affects is your access to an icon.

Oh okay. I was thrown off because I got that authorization failure message when I tried to join a private match, then I registered on here and I could join the private match. It must have just been blind luck or coincidence. Although my friend has tried registering on here and on Taleworlds and he still gets that error message and it says his serial key is an improper format or something. Just having all kinds of trouble with the serial key.

Keys that activate the Taleworlds.com version of the game are in the format 4x4 (four groups of four characters). If the key is 5x5, it likely is a Steam key, though there is a converter than can change most 5x5 keys into 4x4 keys for use with the non-Steam version, available on Taleworlds' website.

If your key is in another format (6x4, for instance), there is likely some issue with the key your friend was given. Where did your friend get the key?

He got it from Steam same as I did. Only difference is that I got mine a couple of years ago and he got his just recently. I'm fairly sure his was a standard 4x4. I did try the converter but it said incorrect format or some such thing. So it probably was 4x4. I can double check, though. This is all so weird. I take for granted that this standard stage of setup can be screwed up like this.

No, there shouldn't be any delay once he's gotten the key to unlock the game.

Can he level his guys in single play past level 7? (Or wherever the "demo" version - i.e. not unlocked version limits it to)