• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Before complaining of slow downs and freezing, include your pc specs.

I am a i5 2500k 3.3Ghz cpu a raedon 6880 4gigs of ram. And I experience no issues with the game, if anything the max speed goes too fast sometimes!

:) Sure..

i7 920 @3ghz
12GB ddr3 corsair dominator ram
gtx 580
evga classified 3 x58
wd raptor 10k sata HD
win 7

My issue is not the machine. It is the game. It plays fine for years and years and suddenly starts to freeze now within a couple of months of reloading the save every single time. Numerous other people have had the same issue on the tech support forum, but no answers of any sort have been posted.

Not sure how practical it would be, but I wouldn't mind getting the combat system from Crusader Kings II put in to Sengoku personally. I'd pay for that ;), or rather pay for an expansion which included its addition.

Not sure how practical it would be, but I wouldn't mind getting the combat system from Crusader Kings II put in to Sengoku personally. I'd pay for that ;), or rather pay for an expansion which included its addition.

Second that - expansion of unit types and the CK2 battle mode with increased marshal traits (and consequences like war exhaustion, loss of honor, character death).

Also more strategy in building program as mentioned before.
And pull in some of the HoI3 military/ally AI (as in setting objections/setting war goals) but expand the HoI3 version by allowing player to divide the war goals spoils as promises to get vassels to do something, then allow the possiblity of betrayal, vassal looks to be carrying out their part only to switch sides or like David and Uriah the Hittite - send your loyal vassel to the front of a losing battle to die to gain (a wife, a territory, in a deal with another clan)

Just recently got the game and have a bit to learn but those would seem to be good targets for an expansion.
Cheers

1) The ability to choose your heir. Not the clan heir but your dynasty heir. For example First son is idiot, has very low stats or has a trait that reduce fertility while the 2nd he is better . Why not assigning the dynasty's succession to the 2nd, 3rd, Nth son ? And this could ofc lead to interesting implications (civil war ?)

2) After each conquest either by your vassals the newly acquired land should go strait to you and not to the vassal that occupied it. After that, you share the lands. At some point after winning a big war I had a vassal with 13 provinces and various other vassals with 8,9 and 10. I was running around extinguishing fires ....

3) An extra sheet to the ledger where you can see how many koris each of your vassal holds. Not only this. If you (the player) hold more than 5 koris a warning about possible revolts appears, there has to be something similar for your vassals if they extend the limit of 5 territories. Another solution (not preferable) is to either remove the cap of 5 territories or increase it to 10.

4) On Characters and vassals screen an extra column must be added where you will be able to sort your vassals according to the territories that they own

5) The ability to differentiate with a glance your retinue soldiers form your levies. Ιf retinue are added to an army that has levies then they are lost in the mass.

6) How many military commanders do you know at at the age of 4,5 or 6 ? The leader of your army must be at least 16 and must be withdrawn from a pool of military commanders. I lost all of my successors in a war ... And this brings us to

7) You must have the ability to add your military commanders and not assigned by the game as I mentioned in 6 all line of succession was lost on this bloody war with Yamana. If you have not any more leaders then your army will fight with penalty. THe system with military - navy tradition of EU3 works nicely. I do not know though how easy for the developers is to implement something like this

8) The possibility to acquire koris through diplomacy - backstabbing. Now the option to get another's clan leader vassal to your clan exists. There must something similar for koris. It will not be an easy task but at least should exist

9) Last but not least on the outliner you should be able to see the level of your castle and the level of your village in each kori. You can take this information from the ledger bust sometimes you can't see which kori you own. In demense column doesn't work vey well some times. Minor bug perhaps ?

The game is GREAT !!!

Last edited:
I'd like a decoy institute. Seriously, when the entire map knows where your infant son is, even two ninja clans on duty might be insufficient. Now, if we could fake the presence of a character in a province, conceal it, or assign some other courtier to be a bodyguard/body double with boost to their honor and moneys but some penalty to opinion... Could be a whole new court position.

Also betrothals need to be toned down a bit. A girl will arrive on your doorstep even if you're in war with her father, and his entire court has -70 opinion of you. And then she immediately likes you.

Not nec expansion material but I would like for the various diplomatic events (so and so declares peace, so and so demands the next kokujin title) to include their family crest (maybe next to the clan they're serving in/under) so that you can tell them apart a bit more easily. Since each portrait is only shirt color, face, hair randomized I think it would make it much easier to keep track of who you're dealing with.