• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But it's most important that for whatever mechanics are added that the AI can exploit them. Some of these suggestions seem interesting, but difficult or impossible to craft an AI that doesn't have to cheat to exploit.

Excellent point; fully agree.

This is the first lesson of Civilization V: Only put it in if your AI can use it - and legally, without cheating.

I'd be delighted with any sort of expansion particularly one that adds adoption and something that allow us to manage vassels in some way. However, I don't think there will be any expansions to this game, I just don't feel it has sold well enough. I also wish paradox moved away from yet another japanesse shogun game given that divine wind and Shogun total war 2 have recently been released. I would of prefered to see the chinese three kingdoms game or mongol Empire setting. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it well enough so far, I think the AI is really good, making the game really challenging, but I think the game would seem a lot fresher in a different setting.

I'd be delighted with any sort of expansion particularly one that adds adoption and something that allow us to manage vassels in some way. However, I don't think there will be any expansions to this game, I just don't feel it has sold well enough. I also wish paradox moved away from yet another japanesse shogun game given that divine wind and Shogun total war 2 have recently been released. I would of prefered to see the chinese three kingdoms game or mongol Empire setting. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it well enough so far, I think the AI is really good, making the game really challenging, but I think the game would seem a lot fresher in a different setting.

A 3 kingdoms or Mongol Empire game will indeed be cool, esp given the popularity of these 2 eras. Besides, who doesn't want to re-create the feats of Subutai, Chinggis Khan or Zhuge Liang?

Can't you break away with just a diplomatic action anyway? You don't need the plot.
You can. You only need to have higher honor than the clan leader and at least 10% (If I remember right) of the clans military strenght.

You can. You only need to have higher honor than the clan leader and at least 10% (If I remember right) of the clans military strenght.
Though, I can see how that'd be an issue on the AI side. In my current game, the only times the AI leaders of the largest clans have gone below 100 honor was when a leader died or they'd just declared war.

Hovering over the ? icon, it stated I had the military might and the requisite honor, but needed +1 plot backer since I was the only one involved. I can understand the AI requiring two to tango, but the player too?

I was part of Oshu-Fujiwara as a non-related kokujin and there were TWO other clan members that broke away and not so much as an invite (I did not start my plot). I reloaded early on, started a plot myself, still no invite to join another. They were able to break away relatively easily while I was shackled to a weak liege getting gobbled up by Minimoto and unable to reclaim lost territory from the break away clans.

To me, the mechanic can use a little tweaking. The relationship level between leader and vassal should prevent the AI from abusing the lack of needing a backer to execute a revolt.

You can execute a revolt without any support. It was just discussed above. Plots exist for situations when lone rebellion isn't feasible.

Suggestion : Heirs to your Clan, and direct descendants, who have a score of 100 towards you and you've designated them heir to the Clan a decade ago, don't send ninja against your demense weakening your defenses there. Hello, McFly?!

Yes, that certainly needs tweaking. Though I'd say that's more for 1.5 rather than an expansion, since that's more of an AI issue.

Suggestion : Heirs to your Clan, and direct descendants, who have a score of 100 towards you and you've designated them heir to the Clan a decade ago, don't send ninja against your demense weakening your defenses there. Hello, McFly?!

I believe this actually happens, Jag, because the AI selects the ninja and sends them on the mission, then the castle falls before it executes. Ninja missions take awhile to complete, and on occasion a siege will end before the mission executes, but after its been dispatched. So, your Vassal ends up weakening your own defenses.

I haven't seen it happen elsewhere, i.e., where the Clan is at peace, or an enemy province has been held for some time. Be interesting to know if it can happen there, too.

Does anyone know if Paradox is actually planning an expansion?

Rah ... we need an admin here to say yes or no.

It is really hard for me to tell if Sengoku will get an exp or not. The forums do not seem that active, but then you have to consider that others are on sengoku steam forums as well. The game seems great but leaves me feeling empty after hours of play. I do believe that further patches, community made modes and expansions will keep this game going.

Fingers crossed for someone making some quick a historical starting spots.

I personally think that this game will become a cult game, under-rated and having a small but vibrant community.

I personally think that this game will become a cult game, under-rated and having a small but vibrant community.

That's what I think, Dardarian.

Sengoku is a gem of a game, but overlooked in favor of Paradox' more detailed offerings (EU3, CK2) or other games on the period (Shogun2:TW).

Hopefully it will gain enough of a following to merit an expansion.