• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dadarian

King of Queen's
78 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
This thread is in most forums, and I didn't see one here, so I brought it up.

What would YOU like to see most in a Sengoku expanision?

I personnally would like the Ikko-Ikki to be improved upon, and to be made into an actual playable faction (it's actually quite fun in my experiances).

Maybe the addition of Korea and parts of China in which to pirate, and maybe conquer?

What do you guys (and gals) want?

Trade
More extensive diplomatic features
Piracy
Naval combat
Naval invasions (boarding transports, not just moving across red lines)
Multiple troop types (more than just inf/cav/arq for example artillery/monks/bribed troops)
More detailed resource management (primary resource, market trades)
Adoptions
Possibility to control AI allied clans for a limited amount of time
Possibility to indicate target to your vassal's army
China + Korea + Hokkaido

More events for better immersion
A more elaborate man management system with more positions in Court to appoint Courtiers to
Improved player control over character development and better information on how individual character do
Besides a Court the possibility to build a field court for armies, and better control over which characters to be included
More honour to be gained from warfare (and higher personal risk to characters)
A few special regiments, the ability to name them, and the ability for them to gain experience
Connect honour to theoretical troop cap and troop quality (ability to attract more samurai) and economic system to physical troop cap (ability to feed them)
Abillity to form alliances
Possibility to indicate targets for vassals
China + Korea + Hokkaido
Overseas trade

+ for many of above ideas and most importantly also way more active dev team presence on the forum together with:

- Representation of agricultural differences between provinces and all the aspects connected to this (income from farming, etc.).
- Better representation of demographics then it currently is (now the province sizes simulate population density) with accompanied aspects connected to this (tax income, number of potential soldiers capped according to the total population number, revolts in highly populated provinces result in more revolters appearing on the battlefield, etc.).
- Representation of trade where some provinces were more prominent then others.
- Deeper combat model more in-line with Magna Mundi The Game's design.
- Marching through foreign not direct enemies territory needs to be moddeled better than it currently is.
- Addition of internal fractions like city dwellers and such with their own demands/expectations.
- Even more cleaned out interface so that all game elements are more easily reachable then they currently are.
- Event's which are more deeply interconnected with other aspects of the game then they currently are and that resemble the geopolitical, economical and cultural situation of the time more.
- Deeper meaning for traits characters have and their effects - getting rid of unlogical effects for some traits.
- Getting rid of currently too rigid and too simplistic way how province improvements are made via the 3 courtier types and putting something more elaborate on it's place.
- Buildings ought to be changed in their general meaning to infrastructure/investments/activities/laws.
- Non linear "building" development progression.
- Introduction of capping - not all "buildings" can be built in all provinces. Player and AI need to manage their available resources more strategically and not just linearly upgrade everything from province to province. What investments to make in what provinces should give bigger options then they do now with each chosen option giving some boni in one aspect and some malus in other aspects.
- Absolutely more control over vassals armies but not to the point where it would be absolute. Player still needs to feel those armies are not his direct ones but ones who are somewhat harder to control the more so if the vassal has bed relations with it's liege.
- Court ranks and other political particularities of the time need to be copied directly from Genpei mod. ;)
- Does type of terrain affect traveling times already? If not put that in along with more realistic travelling times as suggested by GShock and implemented in Genpei mod.
- There is a lot more to suggest but I need to clean the dishes now or my GF will make me commit seppuku by a needle...

Hister had a lot of good points. Besides that I'd hope for:

- More gameplay around religious factions, and the Protestant vs. Catholic rivalry represented during late game.
- More options when playing lower tier characters, so that you have more possible things to do and more options for intrigue.
- Significantly more character events, and traits to have an effect on how the characters behave, instead of just affecting stats.
- War exhaustion introduced from EU3, so that constantly taking heavy losses in a war makes even a bigger clan waver. This would give smaller clans with high martial leaders better chance to stand up, instead of being overrun by hordes.

my christmas wish list

all of these are great ideas guys but I think a character creation mode would be awesome, the option to create your own clan as well as your clans symbol or even make your character a ronin and travel around helping different factions for money. You could also be a rebel. Also I would love to see more in depth ninja options like instead of just hiring a ninja clan for like two minutes you can also hire one or two permanently, and give them jobs to do, the developers could do this more easily by adding a place beside your ruler in the clan screen that the head of the ninja clan you employ sits and you can give him orders. for example you can set the hattori clan to protecting all of your provinces until you tell them to stop or give them another mission. Also when you send your ninjas to capture other characters vassals you should be able to bribe or brainwash them into serving you. I would love to see more in depth diplomacy, like forming alliances and maybe even another peace option were you can offer a defeated clan the ability to survive but pay you like 25 percent of the income from all there provinces and control of their retinues, similar to subjugation but they still remain in complete control. and on the final note I would like to see the child function improved, like there traits and abilities derived from their parents traits and abilities. for example if your characters war is 12, intrigue 11, and diplo 10 and you marry a girl with war- 11, intrigue- 8, and diplo- 15 then the kids stats would be war- 14, intrigue- 12, diplo- 15. and yes there is a system 3/4 of the fathers stats plus half of the mothers.

One final thing a landless lord option were you control a clan but your have no land of your own and you must take in money from trading like you could trade arquebusiers or tobacco. You gain respect and power from other clans by offering strategies to them like if they were engaged in battle with another clan they could pay you to lead there armies if your war was high enough. you could also inspire fear like sending ninjas to kill the leader of a clan and scaring the next head of the clan into giving you a portion of their profit. as well as control mercenaries, bandits, and pirates.

- War exhaustion introduced from EU3, so that constantly taking heavy losses in a war makes even a bigger clan waver. This would give smaller clans with high martial leaders better chance to stand up, instead of being overrun by hordes.
Yeah, forgot to put in that one but had it in the back of my mind. :D
I would say this point is one of the more important ones to be included.

pretty much everything have been said..

but remember the first few videos of sengoku they talked about monk warriors..

so perhaps improve the different religions overall? right now buddism is far to strong compared to the others

also just more character detail overall

Have the ability to do a religious revolt, convert to Ikko-Ikki.
More influence of Religion on the pop.
More army varitey, maybe Archers even?
More to clansmen other "Can I haz another province plz" or "Can I haz minister?"
Make the character information more like Rome :)

I love this game though

Lots of great ideas have been said already but I would only emphasize my own feeling that Sengoku lacks the personality of CK(DV(IP))... I'd like to see a lot more personal events, just events with hidden possibilities like swordfights, internal conflicts, interactions with religious or imperial authorities, interactions within family, etc.
And I also think the religion of the current game is drab, the option to utilize or fight against Christian influence should be a climactic, game-changing kick-in-the-pants for the late-game, and yet the spread of 'Western Influence' feels quite unimpressive currently...

Has there been official mention of an expansion? Personally, I've always seen this game as a stop-gap on the way to CK2, and while I would expect game-play improvements through patching I hadn't thought an expansion likely. Could be wrong though.

Has there been official mention of an expansion? Personally, I've always seen this game as a stop-gap on the way to CK2, and while I would expect game-play improvements through patching I hadn't thought an expansion likely. Could be wrong though.
No, but one can dream. The game's too solid to be left to wither and die on its own. ^^

Apart from other things that's already been mentioned, I'd like more character interactions. Like, build and support your cadre/court. It bothers me a bit that I can't reward my assigned courtiers without giving them koris and thus losing them in my court. It would also be nice if personal relations between different clan leaders could be fleshed out a bit. Let's say, as a clan leader, you marry one of your daughters to another clan leaders children - there could be some interesting joint events for those two clans because of that affiliation. Same goes for my vassals I guess.

No, but one can dream. The game's too solid to be left to wither and die on its own. ^^

Apart from other things that's already been mentioned, I'd like more character interactions. Like, build and support your cadre/court. It bothers me a bit that I can't reward my assigned courtiers without giving them koris and thus losing them in my court. It would also be nice if personal relations between different clan leaders could be fleshed out a bit. Let's say, as a clan leader, you marry one of your daughters to another clan leaders children - there could be some interesting joint events for those two clans because of that affiliation. Same goes for my vassals I guess.

exactly, more control over your descendants is a must.

i also second the options to reward vassals with things other than money or kori, for example, after some events interacting with your court, you have an event where you have an assassination attempt on you in one evening, and a vassal saves you, you have him marry into your family as a reward and that ofcourse would mean he gain your trust and his word mean something in your court from now on.

that would open more events based on that and so forth

the game is lacking event-wise as it is now

Larger Sprites!
Sengoku has some beautiful graphics, especially the army units. It would be nice to see these scaled upwards (i.e., larger, a la CK2) so one could see them while at the higher camera levels. As it is, one usually loses situational awareness zooming in close enough to actually see the unit animations, the forts, and the terrain.

Status Icons
Showing the level of fortification & village improvements, and maybe even small symbols for guilds built, temples & the location of clan leaders, that appear for each province no matter what the view level. This would make it easier to assign court missions, for example.

Last edited:
Play as landless ronin

If you lose your lands but still have an army, you're playing as a landless ronin. It's not game over for you, you still have the possibility to gain a province.

If you lose your lands but still have an army, you're playing as a landless ronin. It's not game over for you, you still have the possibility to gain a province.
Is that actually possible? I tought it didn't end up in the game. Then again I haven't tried it myself.