• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Surprisingly, annexing minors and taking non-core provinces left and right while juggling three religions does not make you everyone's best friend.

I even tried to keep Bulgaria happy so I could vassalize them later, but everyone just kept dowing me and I needed the money for troops, so I guess they're next. This is fun!

I encountered a non-repeating CTD while loading up the game as Burgundy.
What do you mean, when starting the scenario as Burgundy the game crashed once and then never again? I just tried it myself, no crash.

And both Bavaria and Hanseatic League have no sprites. Also, the anglosaxon culture is having the same problem as I mentioned earlier.
Fixed in the next version.

It's weird playing this in FtG now. Certain strategies aren't nearly as effective anymore.
Because FtG is different from EU2? I can set some defines to EU2 values if it's needed for the Interregnum experience. Only particular defines, or all of them?

Surprisingly, annexing minors and taking non-core provinces left and right while juggling three religions does not make you everyone's best friend.

Yeah, even in the EU2 version, it was very easy to accumulate BB and get attacked by all your neighbors in response.

On that note, it makes playing Burgundy almost impossible if you press your claims to the throne of France. I did that and ended up at war with literally every other country that borders me. I really doubt that's WAD, so it may be good to lower Burgundy's starting BB.

What do you mean, when starting the scenario as Burgundy the game crashed once and then never again?

Yes. Immediately reloaded, no crash. That's the only crash I've gotten with this mod so far.

Because FtG is different from EU2? I can set some defines to EU2 values if it's needed for the Interregnum experience. Only particular defines, or all of them?

There's nothing that I can quite put my finger on. 15th Century combat seems a bit wonky. Cavalry armies seem to not be nearly as effective and the AI too quick to accept peace deals. This came up a bit when I tried Wessex, losing a couple battles despite all-cavalry led by Henry V on plains vs all infantry. And during the Iberian Crusade, I had countries jumping in and out of war with Al-Andalus constantly, which pretty much saved them from total defeat at several points. That said, the fact the Iberian Crusade even came close to winning is a testament to how much the AI has improved in FtG over EU2, so I don't know if it's right to say it's "bad," and not just "different."

On that note, it makes playing Burgundy almost impossible if you press your claims to the throne of France. I did that and ended up at war with literally every other country that borders me. I really doubt that's WAD, so it may be good to lower Burgundy's starting BB.
This isn't different from EU2, is it?

There's nothing that I can quite put my finger on. 15th Century combat seems a bit wonky. Cavalry armies seem to not be nearly as effective and the AI too quick to accept peace deals. This came up a bit when I tried Wessex, losing a couple battles despite all-cavalry led by Henry V on plains vs all infantry.
From the 1.3 changelog:
Armies with 2x more cavalry than infantry now get a -1 penalty to die rolls. Cavalry-only armies get a further -1. These modifiers do stack with the cavalry bonus, so it evens out in plains.
Not much you can do about that. You can try renaming the folder "_technologies" in \db\ to "technologies" and see if it's better, this gives the earlier land techs higher morale.

And during the Iberian Crusade, I had countries jumping in and out of war with Al-Andalus constantly, which pretty much saved them from total defeat at several points. That said, the fact the Iberian Crusade even came close to winning is a testament to how much the AI has improved in FtG over EU2, so I don't know if it's right to say it's "bad," and not just "different."
I'll keep it as it is, then. Regarding mod philosophy I'm relying on you here.

Also, does anyone know why this event exists 6 times?
Code:
#Jerusalem, The City of God

event = {
    id = 300970
    country = JER
    name = "Jerusalem, The City of God"
    desc = "Jerusalem has a long history. Archaeological findings indicate the existence of a settlement in Jerusalem in the 3rd millennium BCE. The first mention of the city in historic sources begins in the 2nd millennium BCE. First built and founded by Canaanite peoples (possibly, but not necessarily the Jebusites who occupied the city during the late Bronze Age), it became the capital of the Jewish kingdoms of Israel, Judah and Judea in the First Temple and Second Temple periods. It continued to be an important city in the Holy Land during the Muslim rule. It is the holiest city of Judaism, and is of special significance to Christianity and Islam."
    date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }

action = {
        name = "A complicated city to rule"
        command = { type = gainmanufactory which = 493 value = luxury }
        command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 493 value = 2 }
        command = { type = setflag which = owned_jerusalem }
    }
}

event = {
    id = 300971
    province = 493
    trigger = {
        NOT = { flag = owned_jerusalem }
    }
    desc = "Jerusalem has a long history. Archaeological findings indicate the existence of a settlement in Jerusalem in the 3rd millennium BCE. The first mention of the city in historic sources begins in the 2nd millennium BCE. First built and founded by Canaanite peoples (possibly, but not necessarily the Jebusites who occupied the city during the late Bronze Age), it became the capital of the Jewish kingdoms of Israel, Judah and Judea in the First Temple and Second Temple periods. It continued to be an important city in the Holy Land during the Muslim rule. It is the holiest city of Judaism, and is of special significance to Christianity and Islam."
    date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
    offset = 300
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1820 }

action = {
    }
}
event = {
    id = 300972
    province = 493
    trigger = {
    }
    offset = 100

action = {
    }
}
event = {
    id = 300973
    province = 493
    trigger = {
    }
    offset = 100

action = {
    }
}
event = {
    id = 300974
    province = 493
    trigger = {
    }
    offset = 100

action = {
    }
}
event = {
    id = 300975
    province = 493
    trigger = {
    }
    offset = 100

action = {
    }
}

This isn't different from EU2, is it?

Only in terms of intensity. The AI is much more willing to go to war with you. For instance, in the case of Burgundy 'le Grande', Savoy and Orleans broke their alliance with me and attacked immediately. That's practically inconceivable in EU2.

Also, does anyone know why this event exists 6 times?

Probably to account for possible changes in ownership over time, and to make sure the manufactury stays there.

I made those events persistent and fixed all reported bugs as well as some others that I found: download hotfix b

Copy over the beta and the hotfix a. This is pretty much a RC, so there shouldn't be any major issues left.

event = {
id = 442999 #by MattyG
country = GEO
trigger = { ai = no }
name = "I See You're Playing Hansa"
desc = "This event is to mark Hansa as being player-run. In this way, should the nation become ai-controlled for a period, certain events that would normally happen for the ai, will now not happen for Hansa. For multiplayer, this means that you can't expect an easy ride of things if you skip a session, nor come back to find the ai-only events have done strange things with your DP sliders and other settings."
date = { day = 10 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 100
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1819 }

action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 1 value = -1 }
command = { type = setflag which = player_run }
}
}

This event from the Hanseatic file has a wrong tag assigned...

Not sure how far you want to go into fixing stuff, but some events relating to the Iberian Crusade could use work. There's no event to give away/keep Estramadura province, and Burgundy's event at the start of the Crusade gives no option to join, despite the fluff text saying completely the opposite.

The Christian post-war could also stand to be redone (though that's not bug-fixing, just content), since you end up creating 2 Muslim puppets and the new Castilla is split in half by Cordoba. It would make more sense to just create 3 "large" states: Portugal, Leon-Castille, and Catalonia, instead of the 5 we get as it is now.

If memory serves, the puppets/vassals end up being Muslim religion too if you don't convert the provinces first, don't they? I remember that being a huge issue when I used to single-handedly beat Cordoba to a pulp as Brittany back in the day. All the countries I created were Muslim and they just got increasingly hostile as the game went on. Would be nice if those vassals where Christian by default once released.

Not sure how far you want to go into fixing stuff, but some events relating to the Iberian Crusade could use work. There's no event to give away/keep Estramadura province, and Burgundy's event at the start of the Crusade gives no option to join, despite the fluff text saying completely the opposite.
If you want to do these events I'll include them.

If memory serves, the puppets/vassals end up being Muslim religion too if you don't convert the provinces first, don't they? I remember that being a huge issue when I used to single-handedly beat Cordoba to a pulp as Brittany back in the day. All the countries I created were Muslim and they just got increasingly hostile as the game went on. Would be nice if those vassals where Christian by default once released.
Which countries in particular? And I assume they should be catholic?

The countries in question are usually freed through events related to the Iberian Crusades events. The events in question are titled "The Administration of [Country]" (Substitute [Country] for Valencia, Aragon etc.) and are located in the Epochal_Iberian.txt file. IMO most of these states should at least be politically Christian, as the idea behind the events is basically to "liberate" the oppressed Christians from Muslim rule; not to create Muslim puppet states in Iberia. (That was always my impression anyway)

The complete list is as follows:
NAV (Navarre)
CAT (Catalonia)
LEO (Léon)
CAS (Castile)
AMG (Asturias)
POR (Portugal)
SEV (Andalusia)

Would it be possible to make these states Christian by default if released as vassals?

I have several somewhat older versions of the mod (that have not been tampered with - 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08), as well as the newest one (1.09) if you need them. Just need a good uploading site that doesn't require me to get an account there. Good luck on the porting of this wonderful mod.

Actually, this is mod is pretty much ported already. I'm only waiting for the final 1.3 patch to be released before removing the beta label.

Did you play it? Feel free to post any suggestions or bug reports.

I need help with Interregnum MOD

So after playing Aberration for FtG i just heard about Interregnum mod for EU2 and searched on google a FtG version, i found a download link here with a converted version made by Andrei Gijgorev, but when i installed it and the two hotfix, I get many errors about illegal tags and the game crashes after that. I want to know if it's possible to someone here fix the errors and make it playable.:D

Last edited:
Great port. I started playing Al-Andalus, and got a few non-repeating CTDs, but nothing serious. However, I am now up to May 5, 1464 and it seems I've run into a permanent CTD. I don't know if it happens to other countries yet. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there anyway to fix it? Thanks for any support.