+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: United States of the Greater Hanseatic League: An EU3 MP AAR

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

United States of the Greater Hanseatic League: An EU3 MP AAR

Hi guys, you probably remember me for my previous failed AAR "A new Roman Empire: An MP Byzantium AAR".
    That AAR failed because the campaign failed, not unexplainable but of course i feel a bit... resented, so i said i would open a new AAR with the same objective, and here i am, i opened a new campaign and this time i'll be Hansa, soon to be the United States of the Greater Hanseatic League, shortly USGH (feel free to suggest cooler names ).

As you may have guessed i'm going to move my capital to the New World, precisely in Washington D.C (should be Conoy in game), though it will be the most important city of the country unlike in real life.

But the first update will be tomorrow, as today i'm a bit tired to make an AAR. I can tell you that the first session wasn't anything particular for Hansa, but i got trade tech 7 in 1420 so that should count for something.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I liked your first one, so there was no question I'm going to follow this one too.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Hm... A Merchant Republic USA? Interesting...

You should name America after your first explorer's last name, like Amerigo -> America, or Columbus -> Columbia.
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Sounds Good!

Good Luck!
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good luck! Subscribed.
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (2), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 3 free advisor slots. Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

First session 1399-1422

The first thing i did was moving my free trade slider to the right. I don't want to be a merchant republic forever for a few reasons:

-It gets antiquate over time
    -The league is unreliable, if everybody decide that Hansa is evil they'll most likely quit the league

I will however keep it for some time, even while being full free trade, because i noticed that even normally i can keep a monopoly in my cots so it will be even easier as part of a league where i can exclude my competitors.

After the slider move, there was the race for the league, i played Hansa a bit and i know that there are a few nations like Bohemia, Lithuania or Poland that must be grabbed as quickly as possible, i was successful with Bohemia, but not with Lithuania which was grabbed by the sneaky Novgorodians, and Poland for some reasons refused to join (although most of his provinces trade through me anyway)

The extent of the league in 1404, notice the Ottoman Empire mostly trading through me

The next thing was my mission, the famous "Free shipping through the Sound", that either requires me to own the strait or to have 190 relations with whoever has the modifier (in this case Denmark).

Look at the chat, i'm having a discussion with the player, there isn't a lot of formality in it though

At first i sent a pm to the Denmark player regarding Holstein, but at that time i didn't remember about the mission, so i sent a sort of threat, i wanted to buy the province, but he refused.

This time though, he sent a threat to me to not build more than 7.000 troops. Altough i'm quite strong for having 3 provinces i still felt unconfident for his PUs, Sweden and Norway who had a fairly big fleet and army.

Luckily the crisis passed and we agreed on a sort of NAP, Non Agression Pact, and i fulfilled my mission.

The next mission was "Create a proper fleet", i canceled it and got a mission to secure 5 trade rights for some minor economy bonuses. Apparently though the game liked me, because i finished it while i was sitting to get a diplomat.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Situation of Europe, poor Brandenburg...

Meanwhile i was trying to make Lübeck rich, i was rushing for trade tech 7, from the very start of the game, as there's no point in going for government (i'll get it anyway by the time i reach TT 7). One of the keys to success in rushing is hiring a collector, usually called "trade tech guy". I was comissioning a lot of paintings for the cultural tradition and in the end i got satisfied, 6 stars!

A small World War happened, because Austria wanted to take his three provinces of the infamous Our claims in Northern Italy (infamous because Austria keeps getting it everytime)
    France went helping Milan and so Austria called his allies (don't remember who they were, these pesky warmongers don't deserve the attention of the superior Hanseatic League)

Good news for the league, Lithuania got out of the Novgorodian league! I didn't waste time and proposed them my league, they accepted
    You can see Lübeck's apogee in value, however it didn't last long

As Lübeck's value, my income too got to the highest too...

...Only to get drastically lowered by the Ottomans who opened a COT in Thrace. This is why i don't like trade leagues.

Burgundy grew really large because of the French failure in in containing it... And Holland had to pay the price! I helped him with the war (didn't take screenies, i was kinda busy), my glorious 15.000 men marched and killed a Burgundian army of similar size, however France peaced out while we still had to siege, and Burgundy focused their attention on us, bringing 22.000 men. My army was about to be destroyed but luckily Holland peaced out and even got Gelre.
    Bro tip: Let the AI assault the forts by going out of their sight, then strike when their morale is low, it's how i destroyed the Burgundian army. This tactic usually doesn't work with humans though.

Sign 10 April 1421 as an important date, because it's when i got TRADE TECH 7! (Yeah i lied first, it wasn't intentional though!)

For now that's it, i'll make a small update later in the week for my plans and the situation of the countries in Europe. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Lama43; 11-12-2011 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    I liked your first one, so there was no question I'm going to follow this one too.
    Thanks, i liked your Descent into Madness too, although i still have to find the time and read it thoroughly

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Savoy View Post
    Hm... A Merchant Republic USA? Interesting...

You should name America after your first explorer's last name, like Amerigo -> America, or Columbus -> Columbia.
    If my current explorer actually discovers America i'll have to call it Jeremia...

To the others, thanks for the encouragement!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

You got any competition in North America? England or Scandinavia maybe?

Omg I wish I had a group of peeps to play a good multiplayer with. I can never get an MP game going with stable participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kommando23 View Post
    Most likely, my plan is to invade Creek and the Iroquois ASAP, that's why i rushed for QFTNW. IMHO there are simply too many colonizers to reach detailed agreements, although i made a sort of deal with Portugal.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Kommando23 View Post
    I, as England will definitely focus on North America, i am around 7 years behind on Trade Tech 7.

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    I, as England will definitely focus on North America, i am around 7 years behind on Trade Tech 7.
    You can have Canada

Portugal will beat you both out I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewise View Post
    Portugal will beat you both out I bet.
    Portugal actually mismanaged its ecconomy a bit(look at the stats in our multiplayer thread), they will probably be the 4th after holland and castille to reach trade 7. I will be the last of the colonizers but I think I have a stronger ecconomy than Portugal and Castille... Anyway, I don't want canada, it's so cold up there, I want Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    Portugal actually mismanaged its ecconomy a bit(look at the stats in our multiplayer thread), they will probably be the 4th after holland and castille to reach trade 7. I will be the last of the colonizers but I think I have a stronger ecconomy than Portugal and Castille... Anyway, I don't want canada, it's so cold up there, I want Florida!
    Yeah i have a surprisingly low income but i'm the first that will start colonizing, those precious years the others will take to reach trade tech 7 will be enough for me, and the closest competitor is Holland that is really small to colonize effectively.

I dunno why you don't colonize Europe instead. Hansa is the powerhouse country that never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewise View Post
    I dunno why you don't colonize Europe instead. Hansa is the powerhouse country that never was.
    In the next session i'll do some unlawful annexing, don't worry.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Good stuff! How many humans are there in this game, and which countries are they playing, if you don't mind sharing?
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Good stuff! How many humans are there in this game, and which countries are they playing, if you don't mind sharing?
    I think we were 15 Humans, I will just list all tags I remember played
    ENG; FRA; CAS; TUR; POR; (hansa); POL; HAB; VIJ; MCH; BRA; NOV; MIL; DEN. If i forgot someone, sorry.

theebum: Milan
    stnikolaustwagne: England
    KneeHi: Austria
    TKoV.SoaRinG: Castille
    phantomdentist: Ottomans
    lamertu: Poland
    Sadiregu: France
    tigerkid: Portugal
    AleyxF: Holland
    GreatM: Novgorod
    Lama43: Hansa
    Krijger9: Denmark
    Luminary: Brandenburg
    Iwanow: Vijayanagar
    The-King: Manchu
    Paraipan: Switzerland

This is the roster of those who played last session

BTW the tag for Hansa is HSA, Milan and Denmark are MLO (WHY?) and DAN (this is from the Danish i think)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast