+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Modding & Leveling

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Modding & Leveling

How will modding workin in WotR?

In my opinion, in Warband, Mods have killed a lot of the native multiplayer gameplay.

Also, is there a limit how how much I can level up? If so what will keep me playing even after I level up to the highest level? In Warband, my main attraction to the multiplayer was that my clan used to have matches/scrim with other clans. So in WotR are we able to create our own Knighthood I guess?

We don't know yet if it will be moddable

From what we know of levelling it is very ... sketchy, the most amount of info we really have is a unlocking system of unlocking different types of weapons and armours through "Some means", you can wear certain types of armours with certain types of classes ... same with weapons, but its very limited to the info the public has atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Styo View Post
    How will modding workin in WotR?

In my opinion, in Warband, Mods have killed a lot of the native multiplayer gameplay.

Also, is there a limit how how much I can level up? If so what will keep me playing even after I level up to the highest level? In Warband, my main attraction to the multiplayer was that my clan used to have matches/scrim with other clans. So in WotR are we able to create our own Knighthood I guess?
    It might have killed off native a little but to be honest I don't think M&B would even have 10% of the playerbase it has now if the game wasn't moddable. I really hope we can mod WoTR in some way, shape or form..

I made a suggestion in another thread regarding clan play. Personally I feel that to have any chance of getting some competative clan play going in this game we will first of all need the ability to host and admin our own servers. Secondly I think they would need to add in a server option which only allows people to play with premade troops rather than their own personal character that they are leveling up. They could do much more to open the game up to clans but I feel these two things are the most important.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Are you saying the mods in Warband are a bad thing? Huh, that's weird.
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Here's a little bit of an insane idea...

what if weapons, armour, etc, were moddable, but use of, for want of better words, classes.
    lets say, arming swords. have it so that class is balanced out by the devs, they have a length/reach of 0.79units, damage of X. or whatever.
    but the models are pulled from the class folder. so anyone can add in a model, be it a perfect replica of a sword from the castillon hoard, or a sword from Warcraft, and however it looks, it will play the same. if a layer has a mod installed, then that model filename is shown... so two players with the warcraft sword mod will see that sword. but the person who does'nt, defaults to the standard sword for that class of weapon?

and the same for armours, helmets, etc.

maps would obviously need a bit of a different format, but that, as a way of allowing players to have modded content, while keeping the gameplay balance?
    "We had two bags of books, seventy-five PDF files, five sheets of high-resolution linework, a hard drive half-full of photographs, and a whole galaxy of armour, swords, pollaxes, maces... Also, a quarto of latin texts, a quarto of manuscripts, a case of swords, and two dozen fechtbuch. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious history collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    The only things that really worried me were the fechtbuch. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a history binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Well, we would always be able to replace existing files with new models etc while retaining their original stats but that would mean making backups and overwriting files. It would be nice if new armour, weapons, sounds, maps, game modes and even total conversion mods could be introduced by modders without being limited to just changing what is already in the game. I just don't see them wanting to directly compete with M&B on this so I am guessing we will be reduced to waiting for DLC for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectAngel View Post
    It might have killed off native a little but to be honest I don't think M&B would even have 10% of the playerbase it has now if the game wasn't moddable. I really hope we can mod WoTR in some way, shape or form..

I made a suggestion in another thread regarding clan play. Personally I feel that to have any chance of getting some competative clan play going in this game we will first of all need the ability to host and admin our own servers. Secondly I think they would need to add in a server option which only allows people to play with premade troops rather than their own personal character that they are leveling up. They could do much more to open the game up to clans but I feel these two things are the most important.
    True, I agree with your idea's. Curious to find out some more info. Gosh, when Warband came out I bought a server the same day..

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderMagicka: Wizard Wars IMPressive Founder

I can't play Warband without mods :/
    Need Teamspeak ? join 173.199.64.243:9323

Quote Originally Posted by Roardk View Post
    Should play with a clan then ... that'll get you back into native

Quote Originally Posted by Roardk View Post
    SP yes, I can't play it with out mods too, but I'm talking about MP here... There is like 1-3 Native server, and the settings are messed up on them. There is no more "normal" speed swing setting. bah.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour

I must be playing a different warband or something

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    I must be playing a different warband or something
    I know lol ... 1-3 servers? theres still like 50-60 native servers lol.

All I have to say to that 1-3 server nonsense os "BEHHR!"

All I have to say to that 1-3 server nonsense os "BEHHR!"
    Must find who is taking my quote!!!

Whats your name on MM?

I do believe that's not your quote to start with mate, speak to Mr. Fry about that

Let's just say I'm a fellow Blackadder-ian, *mysterious/evil laughter*

I do believe that's not your quote to start with mate, speak to Mr. Fry about that

Let's just say I'm a fellow Blackadder-ian, *mysterious/evil laughter*
    I know ... I just like using it about the MM forums

probably seen the profile pic somewhere around there

+ Reply to Thread