• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We get the same amount of money from every download portal. Steam will get it up before release.

Maybe they make more money off sales on gamersgate...? So they try to hold off as long as possible to get as many people to cave in as possible ;)
No, that's poor business practice and borderline illegal according to EU laws. Most likely there's just poor, but not ill-intended, communication between the two parties.

Eh, I just preordered on gamersgate 15 minutes ago. I like Steam, thought I'd buy off GG on the off chance that PI might get more money out of it (there hasn't been a statement like Johan's just above for any of their previous games, at least not to my knowledge?). Here's just hoping I don't regret the lack of beta patches or something.

And to be honest might have/probably would have bought off Steam, had it been available already (I checked before I went to GG).

Just noticed that Team Fortress 2 updated itself with new promo items. This might not mean anything but they might have added something that would be included in Steam pre-order of CKII to TF2. This is still just speculation but it might explain why the pre-order has been so late on Steam.

please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy,please be a paradox mask for the spy