• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings!

Small petition from a fan if I may :)
Paradox, I'm the kind of person who likes to preorder games (that I'm interested in) as soon as they show up with that kind of feature. It's like buy and forget, so that when the release date kicks in, I already have it in my collection. However, I'm somewhat bound to STEAM, as the user who registered himself almost at the beginning of STEAM "life" and have been using it since then for years (just a reminder - STEAM was released on 2004 year). So I ask very politely, would You be so kind to negotiate with STEAM and hurry up the pre-ordering option? :) I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to pre-order CK2 already using STEAM :)

Best regards
HamP

PS.I've just realised that it's my first post on this forum, despite being registered since 2004 year... :eek:hmy:

Since release is early next month, pre order _should_ be available this month...

Last time they said that it will be on pre-order in early January. Its still early January as its only the forth day. Just be patient. I have the feeling that it will be on steam some point next week the latest.

It doesn't matter when the pre-order will show up on Steam rly. It could show on 29th of Jan and It'll be still the pre-order. I wish to have a pre-load with it, thats what really matter to me ;)

Victoria (first and second) is on Steam, Hearts of Iron is on Steam, Darkest Hour is on Steam...why the hell Crusader Kings II shouldn't? Its just a matter of time until it will be avaiable there for pre-order.

I've been waiting too long for the preorder; If Steam is the main distributor for CK2, why does GamersGate have it available for preorder before Steam?

Because they wanted to get more money by giving it out earlier. Steam is most likely waiting to know what pre-order bonuses it will have before it will start to sell it. There is other places that have already started to sell the game. Its not anything new that some start to sell a game as early as possible.

Is Paradox's 'true fan' CK2 program still a thing? Will a delayed Steam pre-order affect eligibility? Should we all go to Gamersgate instead to pre-order right now?

Is the Steam price going to be the same as the GamersGate price? I suppose they can have a -10% preorder discount, but if I have to make a decision to preorder, I'd like to see what they have other than just cosmetic bonuses. And so far, I don't think there would be any bonuses for a GG preorder. Otherwise, I think that I'll just have to wait for a sale.

Is Paradox's 'true fan' CK2 program still a thing? Will a delayed Steam pre-order affect eligibility? Should we all go to Gamersgate instead to pre-order right now?
Seeing as they would have preferred to release CK2 on Steam only for the sake of simplicity (but made Gamersgate available as a means of appeasing the Steam haters), I highly doubt they would reward people for pre-ordering from somewhere else.

A preorder is a preorder, as far as I understood the official answers. Mind you I have no inside knowledge either way.