• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the Steam price going to be the same as the GamersGate price? I suppose they can have a -10% preorder discount, but if I have to make a decision to preorder, I'd like to see what they have other than just cosmetic bonuses. And so far, I don't think there would be any bonuses for a GG preorder. Otherwise, I think that I'll just have to wait for a sale.

Nope, Steam prices are independent of GG prices. For example for my country not only it's different currencies but Steam prices are usually 50% lower, plus Steam does offer discounts (sometimes) for preorder.

That would be the worst/greatest thing.

But yeah, I'm hoping that we'll get Steam preorders for this. I remember the V2 launch on Steam being a bit of a mess with the game only being available a day or so after launch iirc.

I want a Paradox shirt for the scout, and a Paradox logo mask for the Spy please.

Why are people stressing so hard? This isn't a brick and mortar preorder, they're not going to run out of copies if you don't preorder a month in advance. They've said the game will be available for pre-order on Steam. If we hit February, and it's still not available, then you can worry. You're not going to get screwed out of bonuses just because they've taken some extra time to get the game listed.

Why are people stressing so hard? This isn't a brick and mortar preorder, they're not going to run out of copies if you don't preorder a month in advance. They've said the game will be available for pre-order on Steam. If we hit February, and it's still not available, then you can worry. You're not going to get screwed out of bonuses just because they've taken some extra time to get the game listed.
It's the childlike excitement of getting the game, the preorder puts you one step closer to actually playing. Of course it's all psychological, but that's usually the case at brick & mortar stores as well.

Well its just little anoying that there is other games that will be released in february and they are already available on steam. I have another game that comes out two days after CKII and its already on pre-order. I bought my copy like four months ago as it was a package deal. Got it that time for only 20€ and now you would have to pay over 30€ for it.

Still I will wait it to come. I'm not in a hurry. Just checking the coming soon tab on steam when I can. :p

You guys prefer digital o boxed version? I don't see the point buying digital(Steam) it takes like forever to install the game, and you miss the feeling you have when you buy a paradox game and have the beautiful box and all

You guys prefer digital o boxed version? I don't see the point buying digital(Steam) it takes like forever to install the game, and you miss the feeling you have when you buy a paradox game and have the beautiful box and all

and why would I need the box. I have shelfs full of them and in short they just collect dust. It also depens of the speed of your internet connection how long it takes to install. I also take copies of the games on my portable hard-drive so I can install them fast if I want to install them again. Not to mention that even if you would buy the game from store it will use steam and there will be release day patch as they are not going to stop improving the game after they send it to factories to be put on dvd's.

I'll buy the Steam-version because of simplicity. When I've bought it, it's there, along with hundreds of my other games. Only sad part is DLC for Paradox-Steam releases, which can't be switched off nor removed.

I'll buy the Steam-version because of simplicity. When I've bought it, it's there, along with hundreds of my other games. Only sad part is DLC for Paradox-Steam releases, which can't be switched off nor removed.

What I heard was that you can turn any dlc off if you so want and you don't have to buy them if you don't want to.

Because I'm already a pack-rat and a slob who has enough useless crap. I don't need a box for an obsolite medium lying around in some unknown reaches of my apartment, never handy when I want to do a reinstall.

With Steam as long as I remember my user name and password I don't have to worry about that crap.

PI has adressed this before in regards to the future and steam. The DLC problems are no longer a problem they say. I choose to believe that.

Because I'm already a pack-rat and a slob who has enough useless crap. I don't need a box for an obsolite medium lying around in some unknown reaches of my apartment, never handy when I want to do a reinstall.

With Steam as long as I remember my user name and password I don't have to worry about that crap.

Couldn't agree more. It's also just a waste of time/money/resources to produce game boxes etc and ship them around, when a game is really just a digital thing. Hypothetically, if everyone goes digital (which is bound to happen), games should be a few bucks cheaper to produce for this reason alone.

Another interesting fact: you can buy expansions and DLCs from GamersGate even if you didn't buy the game there, bu the same isn't true; thus, it may be a good idea to buy the base game in Steam, and then buy the DLCs where they're cheaper or on sale (...I did this to EU3, and it worked quite well).

Another interesting fact: you can buy expansions and DLCs from GamersGate even if you didn't buy the game there, bu the same isn't true; thus, it may be a good idea to buy the base game in Steam, and then buy the DLCs where they're cheaper or on sale (...I did this to EU3, and it worked quite well).

Still you would not be able to register Gamersgate DLC's in steam so every time you want to install it again you will have to install all dlc's separately. If you buy from steam it will install all DLC's automaticly without you doing anything else than pressing a button.