• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(312250)

Second Lieutenant
5 Badges
May 7, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I think Paradox is smart to be making the political system and economic system better instead of focusing on WW1. The game already has a really good foundation in both these areas, and right now they both feel a little bland after multiple playings. By developing more flavor and mechanics in these areas I believe the game is going to be amazing. I also think it's smart to focus on these areas first. By hammering out the mechanics it will better help set the stage for an expansion that focuses on a great war. By figuring out the various Political mechanics now, they can better then develop a great war expansion. I think if they worked on the great war now, and then tried to make politics and economics better later, it would be a bit like working backwards.

So thanks Paradox for focusing on the Politics and Economics with this first expansion. IT's primarily what I bought the game for.

I second this, make the game very good in the areas it is supposed to be, then you can expand to the features that are secondary.
I would like a world war one expansion/ multiple dlc's doing more with army and civil wars, just after this one.

Last edited:
If they do make a WW1 Expansion I hope there's an option where there's a possibility of a great war not happening. I'd like to keep the game a little more sandboxed in that regard.

That´s what you like. If WW1 is to be treated like that then why the American Civil War isn´t?

Becuase WW1 gameplay is entirely different to that off most of the timeframe? Becuase Darkest Hour is better than Vicky2 at portraying that form of warfare?

That´s what you like. If WW1 is to be treated like that then why the American Civil War isn´t?

Because the tensions causing the civil war were already present at game start and it happens a lot sooner, so there is less time to influence a different outcome. The slavery debate in the US had to be resolved one way or another, and it was likely to be violent. The tensions causing WWI were created much later, and can be influenced to a great degree by the player. It is for instance dependent on the creation of Germany, Austria-Hungary declining in power, the alliance between France and Russia and the Russian protection of slav countries such as Serbia, all potential colonies being taken leading to a strong decline in the expansion potential for European economies etc. I would like for great wars being more common, though.

If only they could give the diplomacy part of the game attention as well.
I find the diplomacy of Ricky to be superior to V-2 in its current state.

I still think the military system needs some tender loving care and not glanced over.

That said, I do like what they are doing with influecing the economy of another country.

I think they should put more and more powerful CB:s into the late game. In that way a Great War would be likely to happen while still keeping the sandbox style of gameplay. Especially more powerful CB:s are needed for the late game. WWI had huge effect on the balance of power in Europe. It is not possible to achieve the same thing in one war in VickyII. First of all you have to occupy more or less ALL enemy provinces to get 100 % war score and even then you cannot ask for more than a few things without going over the BB limit. In WWI the allies were not even close to Berlin and still they demanded much more than you could ever get for 100 % war score in VickyII.
There are plenty of Great Wars in my games. They are all fought over some tiny colony, far, far away.

Otherwise I think the WWI era is fine as it is. I am also glad that Paradox are focusing on politics instead of warfare. In any case warfare in the late game is tedious and unrewarding.

I think that adding a "Faction" element to the late game would be a good idea too. Maybe unlocked by certain techs being researched. This would transition nicely into HOI3 as well.

I think that adding a "Faction" element to the late game would be a good idea too. Maybe unlocked by certain techs being researched. This would transition nicely into HOI3 as well.

You mean like Entente, Central Powers, etc. ?

...or maybe something a bit more generic. Factions based on gov't type maybe?

So the US would never be able to join the same group as Britain? Bad idea.

If it was based on gov't type, hm govt and democracy would be on the same faction IMO.

If it was based on gov't type, hm govt and democracy would be on the same faction IMO.

So Russia would be in the same group as Germany and A-H then? Not exactly implausible but still...