+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-order Crusader Kings II live!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Europa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How do you change currency on GG? I've looked and can't find the option anywhere, but there must be one, right? I mean it'd be pretty ridiculous for a global website to only display prices in one currency... Anyone know?

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammut View Post
    I pre-ordered but that was more because I got the money now and I'm might be moving at any time within the next 6 months. But I wouldn't deny that some kind of pre-order bonus would be very welcome, I just hope that if PI decide to add a bonus it retroactive for those who already pre-ordered it.

Otherwise I would like to thank PI making CK2, I never stopped playing CK1.
    We got quite alot of things planned for those who pre-order it. I expect details to come out during the next 2 months.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Weijun View Post
    Can we get confirmation that the GamersGate version is 100% non-Steam?
    Not heard anything to confirm either way yet, sorry.
    Relentless madman.

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    How do you change currency on GG? I've looked and can't find the option anywhere, but there must be one, right? I mean it'd be pretty ridiculous for a global website to only display prices in one currency... Anyone know?
    I can choose "national settings" in the left column under "help". there I can choose between english and swedish and EUR or SEK, I guess it is dependant on were you live in the world, wouldn't your IP tell Gamersgate that?

Otherwise ask at gamersgate since PI and gamersgate are 2 separate companies.
    "Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.
    War is an extension of politics with other means. -Prussian General Carl von Clausewitz.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I get GBP pricing from GamersGate. Whether that is because I use the .co.uk site, or it is geolocating me, or at some point it set a cookie with the info, I don't know.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

pre-ordering, couldn't care less if it requires steam or not

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Not heard anything to confirm either way yet, sorry.
    Maybe you could ask the friendly people at GG to add a disclaimer about this to the website? To pre-empt the unavoidable whining that will happen if a decision is made, either way.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Occasionaly I get price in US dollars instead of GBP even after registering my location. I got Sengoku for $29.95( approx 19) when it was selling for 24.95. Feels like cheating but I'm not arguing.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    In a mail from Fredrik II, the CEO and main owner of the company to some people internally this morning.

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM. There will be one and we are doing our best to deliver on time."

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.

Johan Andersson

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Pre-ordered. I am looking forward for bonuses.

Any idea of how patching will work for the non-Steam version? I remember some talk before about the Steam version possibly being the only one to get beta patches.

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by spinoza013 View Post
    Occasionaly I get price in US dollars instead of GBP even after registering my location. I got Sengoku for $29.95( approx 19) when it was selling for 24.95. Feels like cheating but I'm not arguing.
    Are you sure about that? Because when I buy at GG although I have the prices set to SEK, when processing the payment I see the price in EUR despite I have paid in SEK.
    "Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.
    War is an extension of politics with other means. -Prussian General Carl von Clausewitz.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    In a mail from Fredrik II, the CEO and main owner of the company to some people internally this morning.

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM. There will be one and we are doing our best to deliver on time."

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.
    Great news!

(This isn't Steam hatred on my part, I have a huge library of Steam games. But with Paradox games I often want to run specific patches or expansions, or have multiple copies, for mod compatibility. And that means the Steam auto-updater becomes a pain, rather than being handy)

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Europa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

We got quite alot of things planned for those who pre-order it. I expect details to come out during the next 2 months.

Is that only for those who preorder it on GG/Steam, or will there also be goodies for those who preorder a physical copy through play.com and the like?

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM."

Johan and I

I can choose "national settings" in the left column under "help". there I can choose between english and swedish and EUR or SEK, I guess it is dependant on were you live in the world, wouldn't your IP tell Gamersgate that?
    Well I'm in th UK and it only seems to want to display in USD for me. I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything but I'll go take another look based on what you've told me. Thanks.

EDIT: Just signed into GG (for the first time since installing a new HDD a couple of weeks back) and it's now automagically displaying prices in real moneys... Kind of weird but I'll stop complaining about that now

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Are you sure about that? Because when I buy at GG although I have the prices set to SEK, when processing the payment I see the price in EUR despite I have paid in SEK.
    Definitely sure. I checked my account history before I posted to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Some prices are in USD. Of course on Paypal receipt it all shows in GBP.

The actual price [after exchange rate] of games on GG seems to differ depending on the currency you are charged in. Sometimes it's cheaper in GBP than USD sometimes the other way round. Most of the time when I log in it is in GBP but like I say occasionally the prices are shown in USD.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Is that only for those who preorder it on GG/Steam, or will there also be goodies for those who preorder a physical copy through play.com and the like?
    pretty sure its just digital download perks though.

Johan Andersson

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

It is true! CK2 will come out! Deus lo Vult!

*starts working for money and stops dawdling, hardly but steady*

Preordered. Thanks for making the extra effort

64 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyDeus VultVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That is what I needed to hear. Pre-ordered!
    Sages such as Yao and Shun and Tyrants such as Chieh and Chou come but once a thousand generations. Mediocrities follow on the heels of each other; the rulers of the world are invariably among them. -- Han Fei Tzu
    When the lips are gone, the teeth are cold. -- Han Fei Tzu
    I have not been tested (with the responsibility of high office), so I have learned many (lesser) skills. -- Confucius
    Simplified characters are an abomination. -- Me

The cost of Steam:
    PI games not bought because of Steam: 19
    PDS games not bought because of Steam: 1

PDS games bought despite Steam: 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast