• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just preordered it (it happened to be here, so I clicked the button). But wasn't the game supposed to be only with Steam? I'm just asking a question, here. I was surprised. Now, I just have to wayt for two months before maybe being able to play this game (since school exists too).

edit : And actually, I'm the first one... So too bad for my composure and my self-restriction ability.

Last edited:
Wait, this doesn't say anywhere that its a Steamworks title or that an internet connection is required to activate ... I'm puzzled. That bit of legal mumbo jumbo is always there on all steamwork releases.

Does this mean if I buy this version I dont need to install Steam to use it?

It says no DRM, so I'm assuming no Steam.

Wasn't there a huge thread that got locked recently with the comment that no decision had been made?

Edit:

And, once again, not one has yet said there will be no non-steam version. Last word was that it was "highly likely" there would be one.

Since we are just looping around the same points, thread closed.

Well thats wonderful news and an instant buy for me if true, but I'll wait for confirmation because sometimes Steam is considered 'not a DRM'. I just want to avoid surprises, but I'm cautiously optimistic!

Steam isn't being used for the DRM potential. They're not even using the DRM available through Steam. It's being used for the ease and rapidity of deployment - it's like middleware for publishing.

When can we preorder it in the Steam store, or is it going to be an all Steam game after all?

Will we still get the same bonusses, if any?

I like GamesGate, I've got good experiences with their customer support. The blue coins aren't much, but they do add up after a few PI games and a couple of other games. Since Gamersgate was founded by Paradox and used to be part of it, I'm hoping that PI earns a tad more from my Gamersgate purchase than through Steam. If the game requires Steam I'm okay with that, if it doesn't, that's another reason to purchase it on Gamersgate. I'm assuming it won't require Steam to run since there's no mention on GG and it says "DRM-free", but even if it does, in the event that it's a mistake from whomever wrote that on GG, you should be able to request a refund - especially within 14 days of purchase (not sure of their policies on preorders specifically though). The price guarantee is also nice.

So much I want to do, so long until I'm able to do it.. :p

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I havn't seen anything really negative anywhere, I've not really had issues with their releases before (didnt get HOI3), and they were publishing SOTS2, not developing it. While i understand people wanting to hold back, I'd not make up my mind based on a game, they're just publishing...

I really want to buy it on GamersGate, but Johan's recent comments on Steam being PI's future makes me fear that the GG version might have some significant disadvantages (I heard suggestions that beta patches might only be on Steam). This makes me doubt what to do. 'Avoid Steam' used to be the rule with PI games. Now I wonder whether 1) that mantra still holds 2) both versions are equal on all aspects or 3) the GG version is the one to avoid. Meh. Better wait.

Wait is this for a box version? If I pre-order now will I get a box?