• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's finally here, awesome! I can't expect to see which kind of pre-order bonus there will be...

And, in the opposite way of most questions here: if I buy it from Gamersgate, will I be able to activate it on Steam?

(Paradox games on Steam can be played offline without problems (you just have to double-click the goddamn *.exe!), and I like to have my games fully integrated into one platform, but it's easier to me to buy games from GamersGate.)

I'm wondering...

Can the devs say if it will be an easier task to have a Steam copy of CKII with regards to the new policy upon DLCs and the like?

Or do they estimate it to be roughly the same with GG? With GG just requiring a manual install of the DLCs among other things?

I'm wondering...

Can the devs say if it will be an easier task to have a Steam copy of CKII with regards to the new policy upon DLCs and the like?

Or do they estimate it to be roughly the same with GG? With GG just requiring a manual install of the DLCs among other things?

I was wondering about the same. Will there be a difference in apllying DLC's to the two versions, and/or various mods that will surely appear.

Thank you for clarifying this.

I'm wondering...

When it comes to DLC's and expansions, both GG and Steam versions will be fine and similarly solved.

Wonderful news. Preordered on Gamersgate.

Waiting for the Steam preorder to go up. I'll do it as soon as it arrives.

Edit - Actually, not so sure. So many blue coins...

Edit 2 - Preorder complete.

Last edited:
When it comes to DLC's and expansions, both GG and Steam versions will be fine and similarly solved.

What about patches and beta-patches? Do you know yet if they will be supported differently? I.e. will both version get access to beta-patches, will patches for one version be released sooner, etc.?

Bah, more dev money gone because of Steam-o-phobias. I read apost the other day, by Johan I believe, where he explains why a single version of the game would save money and benefit the development of the game in general.

But hey, no progress is fine and I hope those people are happy now.

On topic.

I'll preorder this when the bonusses have been revealed.

I assume any pre-order will have the same bonuses, no matter how far before release one buys it?

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.

Great to hear that. What is the situation of the boxed version, will it be Steam-only, activatable on Steam but not required or completely non-Steam?
Or does this depend on the publishers in the respective countries (probably Koch Media in Germany)?

i'll probably preorder this after my question in answered, but I am wondering, like Maizel, if the earlier/later we preorder, will effect what bonuses we get?, would be great if thsoe who preorder earlier, get a little something extra.