• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In a mail from Fredrik II, the CEO and main owner of the company to some people internally this morning.

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM. There will be one and we are doing our best to deliver on time."

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.

That works with me :) +40$.

Does anyone know where I can or will be able to pre-order the boxed edition in Australia and actually recieve it on the 7th February? :p

I am wondering the same, but for Europe. I dont like digital copies, because you own and do not own the game at the same time.

I am sorry if that question has been asked before but i didnt see it anywhere.

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.

That's great! I had otherwise decided not to purchase it but I've really been looking forward to this.

"Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
In a mail from Fredrik II, the CEO and main owner of the company to some people internally this morning.

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM. There will be one and we are doing our best to deliver on time."

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is."

That works with me :) +40$.

so that quote sounds like the two versions are separate, so if you pre-order, do you get to choose what to download? or do you have to choose which one to buy when you pre-order?
Just alittle lost and confused here

And which one is the disc one?

so that quote sounds like the two versions are separate, so if you pre-order, do you get to choose what to download? or do you have to choose which one to buy when you pre-order?
Just alittle lost and confused here

And which one is the disc one?

Seems pretty clear to me "So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is."" GG sells only the non-steam version.

Box is steam.

I remember Johan saying that people who bought on day 1 would get bonus stuff also, so why not people who register their box versions on day 1? £17.95 seems very reasonable. Plus the hut are saying RRP is £24.99, so why is GG selling at £5 over the RRP?

I'm pretty sure that anyone who registers within the first day/week/whatever gets access to the Paradox pre-order bonus stuff, regardless of where you got the game. Some online portals may have their own pre-oder bonus in addition though.

Also pretty sure thehut is just making up that RRP.

in the specifications bit there it says it supports a three button mouse? whats all that about?
is the thrid button that weird wheely thing in the middle for the zooming of the in and out? or like a third actual button? like what does it do?

This all looks great, ill be sure to fill the card out once ive got the money ready and digital and everything!
32 players? do the other paradox games let you have 32 players at once? sounds a tad on the chaotic side of things, can you pause in multiplayer? if you can i cant imagine much getting done if theres 32 other people involved. and what happens if one has to leave? do you play without him or have to wait till he gets back, sounds a logistics nightmare if you ask me. But you know, mysteries where the interest is after all and 32 is quite a fascinating concept there.

32 players? do the other paradox games let you have 32 players at once? sounds a tad on the chaotic side of things, can you pause in multiplayer? if you can i cant imagine much getting done if theres 32 other people involved. and what happens if one has to leave? do you play without him or have to wait till he gets back, sounds a logistics nightmare if you ask me. But you know, mysteries where the interest is after all and 32 is quite a fascinating concept there.

So far almost all P'dox games have, albeit sometimes difficult to set up, solid multiplayer. Since ck2 is a continuous grand strategy game, you cannot "finish" one game in one go. Thus you save and load like in singleplayer. Most people organize groups amongst themselves which typically consist of 2 to 8 players to keep playing one game for a couple of sessions. This eases general organisation, timing, pausing, restarting alot.

In the end it depends on the rules of the group how things are set up basically.

Huzzah!

Really don't understand why some people have such a problem with Steam. Its really the most convenient thing to happen to pc gaming recently. Don't want to start anything but why deny yourself the convenience of having all your games in one place?

Ah, the difficulty. I love GG. I also love having my games arrive in a box. Whichever I choose, I'll be ordering it way before Feb 7th :)

in the specifications bit there it says it supports a three button mouse? whats all that about?
is the thrid button that weird wheely thing in the middle for the zooming of the in and out? or like a third actual button? like what does it do?

Everybody nowadays have three button mouse as the middle button is the wheel. It can be used as a like a normal button.

Everybody nowadays have three button mouse as the middle button is the wheel. It can be used as a like a normal button.

3 button mouse is pretty much a requirement if you're somewhat of a gaming enthusiast :) I actually remember how much difference it made in playing Half Life 2 with and without a wheeled mouse.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who registers within the first day/week/whatever gets access to the Paradox pre-order bonus stuff, regardless of where you got the game. Some online portals may have their own pre-oder bonus in addition though.

Also pretty sure thehut is just making up that RRP.

Well that's good and should save me some money. Very tight on cash at the moment especially with a new baby due yesterday. Seems odd that thehut should make up a lower RRP, because if they compared their price with the GG price they could advertise it as a higher percentage discount?

I just hope that the game is available on Steam before release day. Sengoku was an odd tale for steam.