• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know I'm not the first one to say it but... Pre Ordered (now you know it ;) )

i'll probably preorder this after my question in answered, but I am wondering, like Maizel, if the earlier/later we preorder, will effect what bonuses we get?, would be great if thsoe who preorder earlier, get a little something extra.

If you pre-order today, you get the x-rated sprite of Eleanor of Aquitaine flashing boobs during sieges in Holy Land.

Ah, but if you buy the more expensive digital version you get... um like better 0s and 1s or something... or... well I'm sure it makes sense somehow :huh:

I remember Johan saying that people who bought on day 1 would get bonus stuff also, so why not people who register their box versions on day 1? £17.95 seems very reasonable. Plus the hut are saying RRP is £24.99, so why is GG selling at £5 over the RRP?

Last edited:
Box available now on TheHut.com for £17.95, best price I've found so far!

w00t! Pre-ordered.

Almost preordered from play.com last week but figured I'd wait and see if anyone had it cut-price and it looks like that decision has paid dividends. Not used thehut before though, any good?

I remember Johan saying that people who bought on day 1 would get bonus stuff also, so why not people who register their box versions on day 1?

It's a conspiracy! Seriously, I'm not remotely impressed at that particular one of PI's decisions, but all in all I'd rather get it £12 cheaper than have a free bonus haircut or whatever (bonus content is usually aesthetic rubbish, right?)

Plus the hut are saying RRP is £24.99, so why is GG selling at £5 over the RRP?

Because GG is a rip-off. There's been several occasions where I've encountered people on this forum say that GG is significantly cheaper than Steam, then I've gone to both sites and checked and it's always been Steam that's cheaper in my experience ;)

Then again, GG do give you blue coins which are apparently slightly more useful than a chocolate teapot. But only slightly.

Last edited:
Can someone enlighten me how's Paradox policy toward Steam changing? I think I missed posts about that issue. In the past it was better to buy games on GG since Steam version had trouble with launcher, didn't have beta patches and the regular patches were delayed. How's possible that Paradox would prefer Steam now over their own GG?

A) They don't own GG anymore
B) The majority of their sales is on steam
C) It's somehow better/easier with steam for the devs, cause autoupdate makes sure, everybody has the same patched version

Can someone enlighten me how's Paradox policy toward Steam changing? I think I missed posts about that issue. In the past it was better to buy games on GG since Steam version had trouble with launcher, didn't have beta patches and the regular patches were delayed. How's possible that Paradox would prefer Steam now over their own GG?

80+ percent of people buy from steam, auto patches, verify cache all reasons why they are going
Its changing by making 21 store versions require steam activation with the GG version (probably) seperate from steam

w00t! Pre-ordered.

Almost preordered from play.com last week but figured I'd wait and see if anyone had it cut-price and it looks like that decision has paid dividends. Not used thehut before though, any good?

I've bought from them a couple of times before. Did started getting fidgety on one occasion, but then the game arrived when the postman came on the afternoon of release. I think they're a safe bet.

Excellent! I'll pre-order later today. I know we're a pretty biased group :)P), but it's looking like pre-orders are very solid. A credit to the work PI has done in cleaning up the game so much this early before release!

Will the GG and Steam versions be multiplayer compatible?