+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-order Crusader Kings II live!

It's finally here, awesome! I can't expect to see which kind of pre-order bonus there will be...

And, in the opposite way of most questions here: if I buy it from Gamersgate, will I be able to activate it on Steam?

(Paradox games on Steam can be played offline without problems (you just have to double-click the goddamn *.exe!), and I like to have my games fully integrated into one platform, but it's easier to me to buy games from GamersGate.)
    "After Napoleon, both lieutenant and Emperor, all destinies are within this century" - Dom Camurro
    --------------------------
    "New Nations Mod" for Victoria 2
    (version 1.00 (30/10))

50 new nations for your Vicky2 game!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm wondering...

Can the devs say if it will be an easier task to have a Steam copy of CKII with regards to the new policy upon DLCs and the like?

Or do they estimate it to be roughly the same with GG? With GG just requiring a manual install of the DLCs among other things?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluska View Post
    I'm wondering...

Can the devs say if it will be an easier task to have a Steam copy of CKII with regards to the new policy upon DLCs and the like?

Or do they estimate it to be roughly the same with GG? With GG just requiring a manual install of the DLCs among other things?
    I was wondering about the same. Will there be a difference in apllying DLC's to the two versions, and/or various mods that will surely appear.

Thank you for clarifying this.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovador View Post
    And, in the opposite way of most questions here: if I buy it from Gamersgate, will I be able to activate it on Steam?
    no

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluska View Post
    I'm wondering...

When it comes to DLC's and expansions, both GG and Steam versions will be fine and similarly solved.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Wonderful news. Preordered on Gamersgate.
    There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain.

Charles André Joseph Marie De Gaulle

Thanks for going the extra mile Johan. Customer apreciation seems to follow suit here. I hope so do the overall numbers!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLegioMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Waiting for the Steam preorder to go up. I'll do it as soon as it arrives.

Edit - Actually, not so sure. So many blue coins...

Edit 2 - Preorder complete.
    Last edited by Galliun; 08-12-2011 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    When it comes to DLC's and expansions, both GG and Steam versions will be fine and similarly solved.
    Great news, thanks Johan. Will preorder it from GG now.

What about patches and beta-patches? Do you know yet if they will be supported differently? I.e. will both version get access to beta-patches, will patches for one version be released sooner, etc.?

Will there still be non-Steam beta patches in the future?

Edit: emu'd

Bah, more dev money gone because of Steam-o-phobias. I read apost the other day, by Johan I believe, where he explains why a single version of the game would save money and benefit the development of the game in general.

But hey, no progress is fine and I hope those people are happy now.

On topic.

I'll preorder this when the bonusses have been revealed.

I assume any pre-order will have the same bonuses, no matter how far before release one buys it?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This feels like GG again getting early cash by letting people pre-order it before any other media has the chance to offer it.

Instant-Preorder done!

Ordered via gamersgate since I like to support them. (No I don't hate steam, but I love gamersgate)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Preordered! I've just started playing the original, it's an awesome game once you've figured out where stuff is on the UI

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Pirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Enslaved We Trust; Everyone, Everywhere, As One.
    nvm..preordered!!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Preordered, between the holidays and winter exams, the game is practically here already

wishes for a WWI game Affenklaus's Avatar

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.
    Great to hear that. What is the situation of the boxed version, will it be Steam-only, activatable on Steam but not required or completely non-Steam?
    Or does this depend on the publishers in the respective countries (probably Koch Media in Germany)?
    "It is not in swaddling-bands that we learn to walk. It is not in the dark that we learn to distinguish colours. It is not under oppression that we learn how to use freedom." - Thomas Babington Macaulay

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Since I always have enjoyed to get the boxed version, I checked if I could preorder CKII from cdon.fi, and it turned out I could!! Can't wait for February!
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

i'll probably preorder this after my question in answered, but I am wondering, like Maizel, if the earlier/later we preorder, will effect what bonuses we get?, would be great if thsoe who preorder earlier, get a little something extra.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast