• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Callendor

Colonel
43 Badges
Dec 13, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

ANY date between these dates, or only 1066 and 1337?

What are the possible start dates?

All of them, I think. :)

There are also bookmarks for interesting start dates. One before Stamford Bridge, one after the Conquest, 3rd Crusade, and 100 Years war.

Just like with EU3? Excellent!

What are the possible start dates?

All of them, I think. :)

There are also bookmarks for interesting start dates. One before Stamford Bridge, one after the Conquest, 3rd Crusade, and 100 Years war.

Being English I can appreciate that these are important dates in English history but there are other countries in Europe besides England and France. It would be a shame if there weren't other bookmarked dates that highlight important events in other parts of Europe.

No matter what, Paradox is going to omit some allegedly very important date as a bookmark. I look forward to the first bookmark mod that highlights a swath of historical turning points for less educated fans like me.

Yes this is very good. Cant understand why they didnt do this in Vicky2, was my favorite Eu3 feature. I just finished a PRussia game I started in 1620, etc. I very rarely do 1399.

Being English I can appreciate that these are important dates in English history but there are other countries in Europe besides England and France. It would be a shame if there weren't other bookmarked dates that highlight important events in other parts of Europe.

From the experience of making the bookmark mod for EU3, people will be interested in additional bookmarks and I'm sure that a bookmark mod will appear.

Well for me, part of it is highlighting the important changes at X point in time. The Kalmar Union has just been formed? Bookmark, describe the reasoning behind the Union, and list the notable lords of the period that relate to Scandinavian interests. There are so many pivotal moments that I'm either unaware of or uncertain on their dates.

Well those bookmarks are also important in Serbian history too. During third crusade Stephen Nemanja gained independence from Byzantium and founded Serbia and Nemanjic dynasty. From then on the golden age of Serbia started. And in 1337 King Stephen Dusan Nemanjic consolidated hes lands and started a conquest during which Serbia reached peek of its power, and Dusan crowned himself emperor. So I got lucky :)

Well they are almost definately going to include dates like the Komnenos Restoration and important dates for The Holy Roman Empire.