+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would be the possible start dates?

What would be the possible start dates?

Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Social-liberal
    Issues: Secularism, anti-militarism, Interventionism, full citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: N/A
    Revolt Risk: 50%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 10

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

From the Bosnia thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjer View Post
    You can pick a date between 1066 and 1337, with the game continuing 'till 1453.

ANY date between these dates, or only 1066 and 1337?
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any date

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What are the possible start dates?

All of them, I think.

There are also bookmarks for interesting start dates. One before Stamford Bridge, one after the Conquest, 3rd Crusade, and 100 Years war.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Master View Post

All of them, I think.

There are also bookmarks for interesting start dates. One before Stamford Bridge, one after the Conquest, 3rd Crusade, and 100 Years war.
    Just like with EU3? Excellent!

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Master View Post

All of them, I think.

Being English I can appreciate that these are important dates in English history but there are other countries in Europe besides England and France. It would be a shame if there weren't other bookmarked dates that highlight important events in other parts of Europe.

No matter what, Paradox is going to omit some allegedly very important date as a bookmark. I look forward to the first bookmark mod that highlights a swath of historical turning points for less educated fans like me.

Yes this is very good. Cant understand why they didnt do this in Vicky2, was my favorite Eu3 feature. I just finished a PRussia game I started in 1620, etc. I very rarely do 1399.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by nyah View Post
    Being English I can appreciate that these are important dates in English history but there are other countries in Europe besides England and France. It would be a shame if there weren't other bookmarked dates that highlight important events in other parts of Europe.
    From the experience of making the bookmark mod for EU3, people will be interested in additional bookmarks and I'm sure that a bookmark mod will appear.
    Monumenta Iaponiae Historica : total improvement mod for Sengoku (ver.0.6832:updated on 23.11.2012)
    Additional Scenarios (1180, 1561, 1582 and 1600), More Historical Characters and Rebalancing
    General description about MIH for non registered forum users is here in Sengoku main forum

Mod for EU4: Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod)/Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod)/ Bookmarks
    Three Mods for CK2
    :Bookmarks/ Climate Classification/Hedeby Republic

Sweden in a Japanese game: AAR of Koei's Genghis Khan IV

From looking at the bookmark file it looks like it's very easy to create additional bookmarks.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    Yes this is very good. Cant understand why they didnt do this in Vicky2, was my favorite Eu3 feature. I just finished a PRussia game I started in 1620, etc. I very rarely do 1399.
    Would be a helluva ton of work for Vic2, since you'd have to have POPs set up for each year (and even day)

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm sure there will be bookmark mods.

However, it is so easy to change the date that I wouldn't use one. It takes me around 15 seconds to swap the dates around to a custom start that I want.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Well for me, part of it is highlighting the important changes at X point in time. The Kalmar Union has just been formed? Bookmark, describe the reasoning behind the Union, and list the notable lords of the period that relate to Scandinavian interests. There are so many pivotal moments that I'm either unaware of or uncertain on their dates.

Well those bookmarks are also important in Serbian history too. During third crusade Stephen Nemanja gained independence from Byzantium and founded Serbia and Nemanjic dynasty. From then on the golden age of Serbia started. And in 1337 King Stephen Dusan Nemanjic consolidated hes lands and started a conquest during which Serbia reached peek of its power, and Dusan crowned himself emperor. So I got lucky

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well they are almost definately going to include dates like the Komnenos Restoration and important dates for The Holy Roman Empire.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

+ Reply to Thread