+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "Newbie Colosseum II" — Saturdays, 16:30 CET

Once Burgundy finishes that event chain, its pretty much stronger than France. Even at game start it can give France a run for its money.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Well, France it is then.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Im having a hard time deciding, any suggestions?

i indeed agree

Quote Originally Posted by Lamertu View Post
    I promise I won't be attacking Holland as Burgundy. Tigger is my man yo!

Edit: If the concensus is that the game would be fairer if I play France instead, I have no problem switching.
    i would wish you pick france instead of burgundy for the reason kneehi pointed:

France over burgundy for balance imo. Even if he doesnt want to kill Holland, at least it will give him breathing room to form the netherlands and possible become a power of his own. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by AleyxF View Post
    i would wish you pick france instead of burgundy for the reason kneehi pointed:

France over burgundy for balance imo. Even if he doesnt want to kill Holland, at least it will give him breathing room to form the netherlands and possible become a power of his own. Just my 2 cents.
    Lamertu

Dood alsjeblieft nederland om all die redenen dat hun zeggen dat je bourgogne niet kan zijn.
    is veel beter dan frankrijk en makkelijk in toom te houden
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Ok, France it is.

@Sadiregu: You may choose Switzerland or Hesse, otherwise an Asian nation like a Japanese dayimio or something.

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I simply havent got a clue how to play any of those, and i would like to avoid being outside europe if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiregu View Post
    I simply havent got a clue how to play any of those, and i would like to avoid being outside europe if possible.
    Well with Hesse you'll need to make your way by PUing your neighbours, with Switzerland you're more like a peaceful trader and maybe colonizer, although you will probably want to expand to the north.

Guess ill go with Hesse then.

theebum: Milan
    stnikolaustwagne: England
    KneeHi: Austria
    TKoV.SoaRinG: Castille
    phantomdentist: Ottomans
    lamertu: France
    yah: ??
    Sadiregu: Hesse
    tigerkid: Portugal
    AleyxF: Holland
    GreatM: Novgorod
    Lama43: Hansa
    xcalx1dw; Poland
    Krijger9: Denmark

Now yah has to put a new list and then we're good to go.

Is there room for another player, Lama ?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

It's not up to me, but Brohemia, the Bubonic Order and Brennenburg are still open.
    Last edited by Lamertu; 09-12-2011 at 14:05.

They are open but if i put somebody there Europe would be more crowded than in Imperium Malleus. And some people got annexed/suffocated there...
    No i want a Newbie Colosseum to be a relatively friendly game, so i think that right now the only left nation are the Asian ones or if you want to suicide Switzerland.
    I'd like to put a player in Japan, it's usually not colonized if not small patches of land and so it doesn't penalize European colonizers.
    Manchu or Ming are also fairly good for that purpose.

So choose Paraipan: Switzerland or an Asian nation.

Cool, so we are on for this saturday then?

What is our out of game chat? You going to set up like a steam group or an MSN group or something? Hope so :X

Quote Originally Posted by KneeHi View Post
    Cool, so we are on for this saturday then?

What is our out of game chat? You going to set up like a steam group or an MSN group or something? Hope so :X
    Honestly i find that MSN groups are ineffecient for this purpose, while with Steam if enough people have an account we might setup a group.
    In any case, i posted a link to a java chat made by Kommando (it is made by you, right?) that i find to be quite useful.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Honestly i find that MSN groups are ineffecient for this purpose, while with Steam if enough people have an account we might setup a group.
    In any case, i posted a link to a java chat made by Kommando (it is made by you, right?) that i find to be quite useful.
    Aye. 'Tis true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Ah ok nice, sorry i missed that tiny link. This will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KneeHi View Post
    Ah ok nice, sorry i missed that tiny link. This will do just fine.
    where is this link exactly? and is it possible to use mic so i could avoid typing?

Quote Originally Posted by AleyxF View Post
    where is this link exactly? and is it possible to use mic so i could avoid typing?
    It's in the rules, i'll post a visible link on game day.

Anyway no it's only typing, if you have a voice chat server then we'll use it. We could also use Razalhague's maybe, but IIRC there's another game that uses it more or less at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast