+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Newbie Colosseum II" — Saturdays, 16:30 CET

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

"Newbie Colosseum II" — Saturdays, 16:30 CET

After my Monday campaign failed (veterans + newbies wasn't going to work well) i've decided to start another Newbie Colosseum.
    It's open to everybody ranging from total newbies to those that already played some games, but feel like they need still some training (what i call intermediate level).

The set of rules is quite the same as in the original NC, except a few changes of mine

Some technical stuff first:

GM means "GameMaster", it's the guy that makes sure that the game is fair, a lot like a forum moderator.
    To play we use the direct IP that will be posted both on the forum and this chat, which we'll use for out of game communication.
    Each session will be 4 hours long.
    The options are all normal except spread of land and sea provinces both set to 100 years and lucky nations is on none.

Absences:

In case of an unwarned absence the first session the absentee's country will be considered free and can be picked by another player, in case it happens after the first session the player has 2 sessions of protection after which he will be kicked from the game
    It is the responsibility of the player to actively find a sub for his country, however the GM will do an announcement on the thread to find subs.
    If a player misses a session and cannot find a sub, their nation will be controlled by the AI. Any human player finding themselves at war with the country should end the war as quickly as possible, minimising damage to the absent player's country.
    If a player rage quits their country is unprotected and any peace under 100 warscore can be applied.

Rehost:

Each player has the right to 2 rehosts per session. If there are technical issues there won't be a rehost until these might be fixed, this means no consecutive rehosts for a single player. In case a player doesn't show up during a rehost because he's AFK (or for any other reason) he will have to wait 30 minutes, unless a rehost for another player is needed.
    When rehosting the checksum must be BJLT, so you'll need to quit and restart the game as quickly as possible in case it's AJLT or others.

General Rules:

War Taxes are permitted.
    Agreements between players, private or public, will not be enforced. However, agreements that form part of a peace deal will be.
    If you feel you have been seriously mistreated by another player, contact the GM discreetly.
    Do not wreck your nation. No mass-releasing of vassals out of spite, and no refusing to peace for no reason other than pettiness.
    You can only declare war on a player's vassal if you are already at war with that player, or you have a specific casus belli (like Reconquest, general CBs like Holy war or Cleansing of Heresy aren't allowed.)

Peace Rules:

A peace term can never be over 100% Warscore for person and the release of provinces counts as double the Warscore. This is to prevent games where one single nation or alliance can bully everybody.
    Annexing people is possible, however the defeated player needs to own only one province.
    Alliance leaders may not sign peace without the explicit consent of all members of their alliance. Minor members of the war may peace out separately, but still the other alliance must agree on that.
    When declaring war, the attacker must state his goals, and if the player surrenders to those terms the winner(s) must stop any further action until peace has been reached, that means retreat from battles and stop sieging. It's not possible to revoke the surrender.
    Selling provinces (for ducats or not) can ONLY be part of a peace deal if the province is a distant colony (like an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean) and if it's not a core of the defender, also the sale must be agreed by both sides.

Gaming the System:

Generally all exploits are forbidden, here's a list of the common ones:

Releasing and reconquering vassals on which you have a core in order to burn infamy, however it is possible to diplo-annex them 10 years later.
    Selling or donating manufactories, CoTs or missionaries to other players.
    Selling provinces to another player for the sole purpose of said province being removed from the Empire and then returned.
    Selling provinces when the buyer can't see said province and/or has no discovered path to access it.
    Pausing for multi-dowing
    Keep in mind that this is just a list of examples, it does NOT mean every other exploit is allowed.

To sign up, post 5 nations in order of preference, like this:

Hansa
    Austria
    France
    Castille
    Novgorod

The first session starts on this Saturday 10th December and we'll have holiday breaks on the 24th and 31st

Roster:

theebum: Milan
    stnikolaustwagne: England/Great Britain
    KneeHi: Austria
    TKoV.SoaRinG: Castille/Spain
    phantomdentist: Ottomans
    lamertu: Poland
    Histaxin: France
    GreatM: Novgorod/Russia
    Lama43: Hansa
    ???: Denmark/Scandinavia
    Paraipan: Switzerland

Stats:

1st Session

2nd Session

3rd Session

4th Session

5th Session

6th Session

Attached Images
    Last edited by Lama43; 02-02-2012 at 13:58.

Awesome I think I defintally qualify for this game haha.

hmmm

Poland
    Milan
    novgorod
    Austria
    Denmark
    "When I fed the poor they called me a saint, when I asked why the poor had no food they called me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Awesome, I missed the last game, but this time I'd like to play, first time MP player, seems like a nice opportunity

England
    Burgundy
    Castille
    France
    Muscowy

Sorry for the noob choices but these are the few european nations I know how to start in 1399

Actually on second thought Id like to make milan a first choice, feel like playing in italy.
    "When I fed the poor they called me a saint, when I asked why the poor had no food they called me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara

Lets do it.

Austria
    France
    Castille
    Ottomans
    Burgundy

Private
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Castille
    France
    Holland
    Ottoman Empire
    Poland

Ottomans
    England
    Bohemia
    Muscovy
    Brandenburg

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

Since I like Saturday afternoon games but I don't exactly feel like a newbie any longer I'll often be around to sub, so just contact me on MSN if you need somebody and I'm online. ( notalliswell@hotmail.com )

Am I newbie enough to sign up?^^ the time slot is ideal for me

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

This seem quite interesting, but as i often have home work i don't know if i would be able available.
    Btw, what would the settings be?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

1 Burgundy
    2 France
    3 Holland
    4 Sweden
    5 Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiregu View Post
    This seem quite interesting, but as i often have home work i don't know if i would be able available.
    Btw, what would the settings be?
    I updated now, not a full list cause it's pointless: everything is on normal except spread of provinces( both on 100 years) and no lucky nations.
    Anyway yah, i don't know you so for me you're a newbie until you prove otherwise

My preferences would be:

Castille
    England
    Muscowy
    Austria
    Ottomans

Nice!

Novgorod
    Hansa
    Ottomans
    Brandenburg
    France

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Weel then, my preferences would be:

Milan
    France
    England
    Castille
    Ottomans

A Newbie Colloseum 2 you say? I hope I wont fail as bad in this one.

Holland (if no Burgundy)
    Portugal
    Poland
    Milan!
    Vijay-something-or-other

Start date please.
    Last edited by tigerkid; 07-12-2011 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkid View Post
    A Newbie Colloseum 2 you say? I hope I wont fail as bad in this one.

Holland (if no Burgundy)
    Portugal
    Poland
    Milan!
    Vijay-something-or-other

Start date please.
    I was thinking about this saturday if we're enough players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    I was thinking about this saturday if we're enough players.
    Awesome. I prefer smaller games.

EDIT: Who will be host?
    Last edited by tigerkid; 07-12-2011 at 22:05. Reason: HOAST!

Yes, I'd prefer to have few dedicated players rather than half a dozen subs each game.

I can't guarantee that I will be able to attend this Saturday. I will most likely be able to, but - no guarantees. Have to protest against government.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkid View Post
    Awesome. I prefer smaller games.

EDIT: Who will be host?
    I can.

Anyway so far we're in 9 i think, to have a fully functionant Europe we need 12, i may still put some players in Asia but 14 seems like a good number.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast