+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: A small map look update

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by S3W View Post
    I've already made a topic a month ago about this - the current map of Hungary is ridiculously wrong, so I've posted some useful stuff to help.
    They simply locked the thread ignored all of it, and they are still using the same CK1 map ...
    Don't worry, I've submitted an official ticket about these serious issues to the Paradox Interactive - and shortly received a kind and polite answer from Johannes. He asked me to copy my suggestions to here, where the developer team can read and reply it.

I've understood that the map has been closed, and there is no way to redraw it, but that is not necessary at all. If we, players are able to mod the game, still there must be a possibility to fix the most annoying geographical and spelling bugs by just editing a text file.
    Luckily, the game is only in beta phase - and this is the reason why the beta phase is for. As potential players, we only hope an enjoyable historical strategy game from our favourite developers - just because it is their speciality.

Kind regards,
    Oriolus
    Last edited by Oriolus; 10-12-2011 at 18:35.
    Vitam et sanguinem pro regina nostra
    (sed avenam non)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

They can always do changes after the release with patches.

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Oriolus View Post
    Don't worry, I've submitted an official ticket about these serious issues to the Paradox Interactive - and shortly received a kind and polite answer from Johannes. He asked me to copy my suggestions to here, where the developer team can read and reply it.

I've understood that the map has been closed, and there is no way to redraw it, but that is not necessary at all. If we, players are able to mod the game, still there must be a possibility to fix the most annoying geographical and spelling bugs by just editing a text file.
    Luckily, the game is only in beta phase - and this is the reason why the beta phase is for. As potential players, we only hope an enjoyable historical strategy game from our favourite developers - just because it is their speciality.

Kind regards,
    Oriolus
    Well I think that they shouldn't and probably aren't surprised to get comments about this, especially since they did selectively improve the borders on the map.

I understand that, at the current stage of development of the game, however I hope that can not be redrawn doesn't mean, that the map can't be modded, as long as that will be possible, it will be fine (second best though).

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Ruwaard View Post
    I understand that, at the current stage of development of the game, however I hope that can not be redrawn doesn't mean, that the map can't be modded, as long as that will be possible, it will be fine (second best though).
    Since there are map-mods for almost every Paradoxgame, one can safely assume that the map can be modded.

Is it just me, or does Germany look squished somehow? Like it looks different from in V2. Perhaps the whole map does, but I notice it in Germany. Is the scale the same? Are they using a different map projection? Am I insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorevai View Post
    Is it just me, or does Germany look squished somehow? Like it looks different from in V2. Perhaps the whole map does, but I notice it in Germany. Is the scale the same? Are they using a different map projection? Am I insane?
    They are using province borders from CK1 in HRE, so maybe that's why it seems weird.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by thrashing mad View Post
    They are using province borders from CK1 in HRE, so maybe that's why it seems weird.
    That and the map projection is as usual - Vicky 2 excluded - done in a weird fashion.

Not that I am truly complaining, the map can always be remade the way we players want it - a rare beauty among games and one Paradox has been sure to make part of their repertoare (sp.).

OT: Really liking the way map textures is looking, great improvement over the plastic looking textures we saw in Divine Wind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7