• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks sharp! "Pommerania" should be "Pomerania" (English and Latin), however. Since the less politically developed tribes are listed in plural (Pruthenians, Yatviags, Zemigallians, Curonians, etc.), "Galindia" could instead be "Galindians".

Would be nice if the towns on the map didn't cross over the name of the province, which obscures some letters. Such as such as the last "E" in "Kleve" on the close-up. : )

I must admit I doubted the 3D map thing at first and was not much impressed by the earliest screenshots, but now in all the videos and pictures here it's really nice.

The map looks good as suspected. Has the amount of provinces been reduced slightly from CK1, or do my eyes betray me?

Oh and some other questions. Which rules are used for the first screenshot? I see both kings, dukes and counts, but not all counts, as far as I can tell? And is it possible to do as in CK1, showing all vassals by shields?

oh wow I love these colors. Makes the game feel alot more beautiful. Your best map to date remains the Vicky2 map though, which was both stunning and had highly visible mountains+forests on the political map. I can see that they are there to an extent here too, but only a little bit/hard to see. I guess its too late to change such a big feature, but hey. Combining the terrain map and the political map that smoothly just raised the bar a little higher on future products :)

Oh and some other questions. Which rules are used for the first screenshot? I see both kings, dukes and counts, but not all counts, as far as I can tell? And is it possible to do as in CK1, showing all vassals by shields?

All independent realms can be seen. So thats why some counts are visible. The one in Poland is most likely independent barony as it doesn't own the whole county. Dukes and Kingdom coat of arms are shown even if they would be vassals.

I still can't understand how they managed to make EU3 map look better artistically then the beautiful hand-drawn map in CKI but they really pulled it off. Especially considering how bad the early versions looked. Big Kudos to the developers.

Big improvement. Semi-transparent, not so saturated colours with visible terrain looks great. :)

Well, it was this way in CK1 and in CK2 dev diaries as well.

Yeah, sorry - misread your post. Samogitia would be better indeed. Also, there's still strange case of 2 provinces Yatviagi and Jacwiez, both meaning same thing - land of Yotvingians, one in Belarusian second in Polish.:confused:

EDIT

Oh, and third province - Sudovia, has basically same meaning as Yatviagi and Jacwiez.

Last edited:
This really is great improvement! Although I still share the same concerns as Huki, a part from what I said before I agree with the point about rivers. A part from these things, the map looks absolutely beautiful.

Very, very cool change. While I did like the previous iteration of the map, I much prefer this one. I love the fact that the lighting of the coloring has been lowered and with being darker, emitting a more sinister and even 'medieval' atmosphere. :)

So, yes, extremely awesome update guys! :D

Last edited:
Nice colors.

The provinces in the HRE on the other hand aren't that great, but that's easy to mod. The CoA of Saxony also has nothing to do with the stem duchy of Saxony in 1066 which should have a similar CoA as Kent.