• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've already made a topic a month ago about this - the current map of Hungary is ridiculously wrong, so I've posted some useful stuff to help.
They simply locked the thread ignored all of it, and they are still using the same CK1 map ...

Don't worry, I've submitted an official ticket about these serious issues to the Paradox Interactive - and shortly received a kind and polite answer from Johannes. He asked me to copy my suggestions to here, where the developer team can read and reply it.

I've understood that the map has been closed, and there is no way to redraw it, but that is not necessary at all. If we, players are able to mod the game, still there must be a possibility to fix the most annoying geographical and spelling bugs by just editing a text file.
Luckily, the game is only in beta phase - and this is the reason why the beta phase is for. As potential players, we only hope an enjoyable historical strategy game from our favourite developers - just because it is their speciality. :)

Kind regards,
Oriolus

Last edited:
Don't worry, I've submitted an official ticket about these serious issues to the Paradox Interactive - and shortly received a kind and polite answer from Johannes. He asked me to copy my suggestions to here, where the developer team can read and reply it.

I've understood that the map has been closed, and there is no way to redraw it, but that is not necessary at all. If we, players are able to mod the game, still there must be a possibility to fix the most annoying geographical and spelling bugs by just editing a text file.
Luckily, the game is only in beta phase - and this is the reason why the beta phase is for. As potential players, we only hope an enjoyable historical strategy game from our favourite developers - just because it is their speciality. :)

Kind regards,
Oriolus

Well I think that they shouldn't and probably aren't surprised to get comments about this, especially since they did selectively improve the borders on the map.

I understand that, at the current stage of development of the game, however I hope that can not be redrawn doesn't mean, that the map can't be modded, as long as that will be possible, it will be fine (second best though).

I understand that, at the current stage of development of the game, however I hope that can not be redrawn doesn't mean, that the map can't be modded, as long as that will be possible, it will be fine (second best though).

Since there are map-mods for almost every Paradoxgame, one can safely assume that the map can be modded.

Is it just me, or does Germany look squished somehow? Like it looks different from in V2. Perhaps the whole map does, but I notice it in Germany. Is the scale the same? Are they using a different map projection? Am I insane?

Is it just me, or does Germany look squished somehow? Like it looks different from in V2. Perhaps the whole map does, but I notice it in Germany. Is the scale the same? Are they using a different map projection? Am I insane?

They are using province borders from CK1 in HRE, so maybe that's why it seems weird.

They are using province borders from CK1 in HRE, so maybe that's why it seems weird.
That and the map projection is as usual - Vicky 2 excluded - done in a weird fashion.

Not that I am truly complaining, the map can always be remade the way we players want it - a rare beauty among games and one Paradox has been sure to make part of their repertoare (sp.).

OT: Really liking the way map textures is looking, great improvement over the plastic looking textures we saw in Divine Wind.