+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A small map look update

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Wezqu View Post
    They are quite different looking. Just compare this to them and you see the difference. Biggest difference is that no more bright colors.
    Cheers Wezqu!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Erm... Ruthenians in Prussia... This is not the final map, right?

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmar8 View Post
    Erm... Ruthenians in Prussia... This is not the final map, right?
    They probably mean Pruthenians.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    They probably mean Pruthenians.
    It most likely even says so. You can see that Denmark's coa also hides part of the name under it. So the "P" from "Pruthenians" is under the coa.

Much better! Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Not bad. Not bad at all. But have you got around to making Byzantium purple yet?

Or, for that matter, Giving Harold his 'tache?

Seriously though, looks good
    Byzantine colour should be Tyrian purple
    Last edited by zonkie; 06-12-2011 at 13:11.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionMount & Blade: Warband

Looks sharp! "Pommerania" should be "Pomerania" (English and Latin), however. Since the less politically developed tribes are listed in plural (Pruthenians, Yatviags, Zemigallians, Curonians, etc.), "Galindia" could instead be "Galindians".
    Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

A good bed and a good pair of shoes will help make most of your life a comfortable one...
    -Uglyduck

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSengokuMount & Blade: Warband

Would be nice if the towns on the map didn't cross over the name of the province, which obscures some letters. Such as such as the last "E" in "Kleve" on the close-up. : )
    Nevermind.

I must admit I doubted the 3D map thing at first and was not much impressed by the earliest screenshots, but now in all the videos and pictures here it's really nice.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The map looks good as suspected. Has the amount of provinces been reduced slightly from CK1, or do my eyes betray me?

Oh and some other questions. Which rules are used for the first screenshot? I see both kings, dukes and counts, but not all counts, as far as I can tell? And is it possible to do as in CK1, showing all vassals by shields?
    Germany: 7
    Brazil: 1

¿What the f...?

Magna Mundi cancelled! Can't stop laughing!

oh wow I love these colors. Makes the game feel alot more beautiful. Your best map to date remains the Vicky2 map though, which was both stunning and had highly visible mountains+forests on the political map. I can see that they are there to an extent here too, but only a little bit/hard to see. I guess its too late to change such a big feature, but hey. Combining the terrain map and the political map that smoothly just raised the bar a little higher on future products

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Filip de Norre View Post
    Oh and some other questions. Which rules are used for the first screenshot? I see both kings, dukes and counts, but not all counts, as far as I can tell? And is it possible to do as in CK1, showing all vassals by shields?
    All independent realms can be seen. So thats why some counts are visible. The one in Poland is most likely independent barony as it doesn't own the whole county. Dukes and Kingdom coat of arms are shown even if they would be vassals.

looks good, who's that little count hanging out in Fyn denmark?

Crusader Kings II

I still can't understand how they managed to make EU3 map look better artistically then the beautiful hand-drawn map in CKI but they really pulled it off. Especially considering how bad the early versions looked. Big Kudos to the developers.

Are lithuanian provinces still in polish (e.g. zhmud)?

Big improvement. Semi-transparent, not so saturated colours with visible terrain looks great.

Well, it was this way in CK1 and in CK2 dev diaries as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rolster View Post
    Well, it was this way in CK1 and in CK2 dev diaries as well.
    Yeah, sorry - misread your post. Samogitia would be better indeed. Also, there's still strange case of 2 provinces Yatviagi and Jacwiez, both meaning same thing - land of Yotvingians, one in Belarusian second in Polish.

EDIT

Oh, and third province - Sudovia, has basically same meaning as Yatviagi and Jacwiez.
    Last edited by thrashing mad; 06-12-2011 at 16:45.

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

This really is great improvement! Although I still share the same concerns as Huki, a part from what I said before I agree with the point about rivers. A part from these things, the map looks absolutely beautiful.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Very, very cool change. While I did like the previous iteration of the map, I much prefer this one. I love the fact that the lighting of the coloring has been lowered and with being darker, emitting a more sinister and even 'medieval' atmosphere.

So, yes, extremely awesome update guys!
    Last edited by Kluska; 06-12-2011 at 17:20. Reason: Spelling

Nice colors.

The provinces in the HRE on the other hand aren't that great, but that's easy to mod. The CoA of Saxony also has nothing to do with the stem duchy of Saxony in 1066 which should have a similar CoA as Kent.
    Very few of us realise with conviction the intensely unusual, unstable, complicated, unreliable, temporary nature of the economic organisation by which Western Europe has lived for the last half century. We assume some of the most peculiar and temporary of our late advantages as natural, permanent, and to be depended on, and we lay our plans accordingly. On this sandy and false foundation we scheme for social improvement and dress our political platforms, pursue our animosities and particular ambitions, and feel ourselves with enough margin in hand to foster, not assuage, civil conflict in the European family. Moved by insane delusion and reckless self-regard, the German people overturned the foundations on which we all lived and built.
    John M. Keynes, 1919

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast