+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some minor issues...

Some minor issues...

Some minors I would like to see answered.

War exhaustion goes up too fast, especially for colonial wars. I shouldn't get a lot of war exhaustion when I'm fighting primitive natives.

There is no quick way to bring down war exhaustion. I couldn't find any advisers that reduce it.

My current mission is to annex the pirates. It's in the 1540s. Do I really have to wait until 1700? Being at war with the pirates shouldn't bring war exhaustion, especially when I beat the crap out of them every time. I've tried occupying them for two years and I still can conquer them and I keep getting war exhaustion.

There are too many colonial rebellions. This is related to war exhaustion being too high.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by rwglaub View Post
    Some minors I would like to see answered.

War exhaustion goes up too fast, especially for colonial wars. I shouldn't get a lot of war exhaustion when I'm fighting primitive natives.

There is no quick way to bring down war exhaustion. I couldn't find any advisers that reduce it.

My current mission is to annex the pirates. It's in the 1540s. Do I really have to wait until 1700? Being at war with the pirates shouldn't bring war exhaustion, especially when I beat the crap out of them every time. I've tried occupying them for two years and I still can conquer them and I keep getting war exhaustion.

There are too many colonial rebellions. This is related to war exhaustion being too high.
    I dont think there is a way to make more or less WE depending on who you are at war with . so, the only way to solve this is to go back to vanilla style tribal systems which is a rather pathetic system. There should be some WE for fighting native nations but i do agree that maybe there should be less. There are some cases in history where native nations destroyed towns or colonies I think, and even though western nations usualy started the wars, in that case it wouldnt matter who started the war, the citizens would be sick of the war. Thats how i see it.

There is a event that is rare but i do agree that i need something to bring it down. any ideas? maybe a culture decision? what would you have to pay to reduce WE that is plausible?

you dont have to wait until 1700. there should be some WE for the Buccaneer but not much, but right now they are using the nomad system. So, that means it would be like you were at war with a nomad nation in vanilla.

I think WE in TN needs to be a pain to manage, so i dont want anything to make it easy, but i am willing to make it more managable. so, let me know about your ideas.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

I know other mods have advisors that reduce WE? Is it possible to try those here?

I'm able to conquer Tortuga very quickly every time, so the Buccaneers don't get much WE, unless they get it from being conquered.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

I know other mods have advisors that reduce WE? Is it possible to try those here?

I'm able to conquer Tortuga very quickly every time, so the Buccaneers don't get much WE, unless they get it from being conquered.
    yes, WE can be used for advisors but i would have to either replace one of the existing advisor effects or add a second set of effects for each advisor, and so far i havent wanted to do that. Im not sure if they get it or not, being that they are using the nomadic system.

negative stability increased WE, so I made it so that positive stability decreases WE by -.005 per so 3 stability should reduce it -.015. i think that should help but but sure how well or how fast. this change will happen in 14.112.

Thanks! If I come up with anything else, I'll post it here.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Thanks! If I come up with anything else, I'll post it here.
    you're welcome. Thanks.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

If you know which tags are "primitive" you could create a new modifier that activates when a nation is at war with a primitive nation. This modifier could give a substantial reduction to WE
    Only ugly on the inside

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneTaco View Post
    If you know which tags are "primitive" you could create a new modifier that activates when a nation is at war with a primitive nation. This modifier could give a substantial reduction to WE
    thats a good idea but it could be exploited every time a player wants to lower thier WE, just go to war with a native nation.so there would have to be a way to keep that from happening.

+ Reply to Thread