• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tormentor

Captain
76 Badges
Jun 6, 2004
www.danielepiergiovanni.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
Ministers Improvement Mod

#########################
### Ministers Improvement Mod
### A Mod for Darkest Hour 1.02
### Version 1.01
### March 21th, 2011
#########################​

About:
14 new generic minister traits
125 new historical minister traits for major countries (GER, UK, USA, SOV, ITA, JAP, FRA)
some new events so that Ai changes ministers historically (no more fascist ministers in democratic USA or in democratic UK)

Each personal traits is justified by a research about the ministers on the internet (wikipedia for example)
I don't speak english very well so sorry for my mistakes.
If someone wants to help me with this mod I would appreciate that.
Feel free to send me your advise to rebelance the mod or to add new minister traits.
I'd like to add new decisions or to make a kaiserreich version of the mod but it will take some time.

INSTALLATION:
Install the 1.02 patch.
Duplicate the Darkest Hour Full folder in your Mod folder (C:\Program Files\Darkes Hour\Mod\) and copy Ministers Improvement Mod inside. Overwrite when asked.
Select the mod from the Luncher

Example of generic tratis:

Planned Economy proponent
State Capitalist
Keynesian Economy
Mixed Economy
Balanced Budget Economy
Laissez-faire capitalist (edited)
Commando Doctrine
Old Cavalry General
Autonomy Doctrine
Health and Safety

Some exemples...
Code:
Balanced Budget Economy"

Money Production -10%   #The government can't print money at all
Consumer Goods Need 7,5%
IC 7,5%		#no Inflation

"Keynesian Economy"

Money Production 10%	#The government prints money at will
Consumer Goods Need -5%	 #part of the money is invested in consumer goods
Province constructions build time	and cost -7,5%	#part of the money is invested in subsidies to industries
IC -2%	#Inflation grows

"Planned Economy proponent"

Money Production 5%		#more taxes more money
Consumer Goods Need 15%	#communist reforms
Province constructions build time	and cost -10%	#The government favors the construction of new industries
IC 10%		#nationalization of industries
Energy Production 5%		#nationalization of coal mines
Metal Production 5%		#nationalization of iron mines
Rare Materials 5%		#nationalization of rare materials mines

"State Capitalist"

Money Production 5%	 #more taxes more money
Consumer Goods Need 10%
Province constructions build time	and cost -7,5%	#The government invests money in order to build new industries (taking money from other sectors [health, education etc])
IC 10%		#nationalization of industries
Energy Production 2%		#nationalization of coal mines
Metal Production 2%		#nationalization of iron mines
Rare Materials 2%		#nationalization of rare materials mines

"Mixed Economy"

Consumer Goods Need -5%	      #The government takes care of their citizens
Province constructions build time	and cost -5%		#The government help the private sector building new industries
IC 5%       #Part of the industries are nationalized or the government buys stocks

"laissez-faire capitalist"

Money Production -5%	#less taxes less money
Consumer Goods Need -15%	#liberal government policies
IC -2%	#denationalization of national industries
Energy Production -3%		#denationalization of national coal mines
Metal Production -3%		#denationalization of national iron mines
Rare Materials -3%		#denationalization of national rare materials mines

"Construction Magnate"

Infrastructure build time and cost -15%
airport build time and cost  -15%	
naval base build time and cost  -15%		
radar station build time and cost  -15%	
Industries resources stockpile 10% 		

"Energy Proponent"

Energy Production 10%
Industries resources stockpile 10%

"The Reformer"

Upgrade time and cost -7%	
IC -1%

new 1.01 version

-fixed some bugs
-rebelanced some traits.

Attachments

• mim01.jpg
    mim01.jpg
    94,9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Definitively have to take a look at this

I have I problem using this mod. At the begining when launching new game everything it's okey, but after saving I can't continue me game from save. Ther is an information about "no exel file" or something like that. Do you experience the same problem? Have anyone got an idea how to fix it. The mod seems very interesting.

Last edited:
Very interesting, perhaps some of this work could be officially incorporated into the 1.3 release of DH by the team (after them, of course, taking a careful look at the content)?

Great to hear that Fernando, but do You have any idea for my problem? Asking especially Tormentor - the author.

I have a critical error and try to press "ignore" all the time and it doesen't help. Thx for your advice FCZP.

I'm going to post the new fixed version. There was some error in this old version. However you just have to hit enter when you load the savedgame and you solve the problem ;)

right now I'm implementing some generic decisions (taxation system, reforms...) but it will take some time to be tested and balanced. When i go home i will upload the new version with those error fixed

Tormentor, does it appear to be possible to create a minister trait that gives a bonus to researching a particular tech component (as opposed to a type of tech). For instance could you have someone like Von Braun as an armaments minister who gives a bonus to rocketry and aeronautics research but not all secret weapons research?

Also, Mao deserves a unique trait. He's the only guy was basically an active head of government from 1933 to 1964. I think we have enough "Paranoid Megalomaniacs" (or whatever the trait is called) with Hitler and Stalin. Maybe Mao could be called something like an Ideological Zealot?

Tormentor, does it appear to be possible to create a minister trait that gives a bonus to researching a particular tech component (as opposed to a type of tech). For instance could you have someone like Von Braun as an armaments minister who gives a bonus to rocketry and aeronautics research but not all secret weapons research?
mmh no it's not possibile. I'm sorry.

Also, Mao deserves a unique trait. He's the only guy was basically an active head of government from 1933 to 1964. I think we have enough "Paranoid Megalomaniacs" (or whatever the trait is called) with Hitler and Stalin. Maybe Mao could be called something like an Ideological Zealot?

I know there are a lot of Head of Government and Head of State that lacks of a unique traits. I don't know if I'll spend other time making other traits. This mod doesn't have a lot of downloads (1.00 49 downloads, 1.01 only 14) and it seems that there are only few people who likes it. Actually I'm focusing on other project (taxation system via decisions, reforms, ai military plans..) However I could add some hog/hos traits in the future ;)

mmh no it's not possibile. I'm sorry.

I know there are a lot of Head of Government and Head of State that lacks of a unique traits. I don't know if I'll spend other time making other traits. This mod doesn't have a lot of downloads (1.00 49 downloads, 1.01 only 14) and it seems that there are only few people who likes it. Actually I'm focusing on other project (taxation system via decisions, reforms, ai military plans..) However I could add some hog/hos traits in the future ;)

I like it....it's just integrating it into other mods is a task that I don't have time for right now.