• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Either Duke of Porto or an to be decided Byzantine Noble

I really cant play with duke of Porto... some kind of bad connection with me xD

I played the game for 2 months (friend game borrowed) and i started with the county of Coimbra and then i conquered county of Bragança and Duchy of Porto. Too much galician interest in the court of the duchy of Porto...

I'll probably start as the Duke of Leinster or Connaught since I live here. Try and create Ireland, then branch out. I might try and create the crusader kingdoms for the helluvit. Trying to get the crowns of England and Scotland are too clique. Might go for Brittany tho.

Second game will probably be as a count or prince in Byzantium or HRE.

Well, you always have a classic, the Habsburg

I think I'm going to practice with Ireland and move on to play the King of France.

I'm looking forward to being able to form Kingdoms without the need for a reload of the game upon "unification". I really dread forced reloads.

I really cant play with duke of Porto... some kind of bad connection with me xD

I played the game for 2 months (friend game borrowed) and i started with the county of Coimbra and then i conquered county of Bragança and Duchy of Porto. Too much galician interest in the court of the duchy of Porto...

You've played the precious?!

Tell me, how was it? Was it glorious? Was it immaculately awesome? Was it gloriously immaculately awesome? :p

Last edited:
Wasn't that dynasty already extinct in the male-line at gamestart?
Anyway for me it will be the Comnenians.

CK1 had them hanging out as the Prince of the Aegan Islands, so I have no idea. I've played as them, that's all I know.

Anyway, if not the Phocas dynasty, then I'll probably go for the Hohenstaufen, or I'll be the Nakonid Dukes of Mecklenburg (during the very short time of 1066 that Gottschalk Nakonid can rule in his little corner of the Baltic).

Perhaps I'd play a game or two as the Dukes of Bohemia as well.

Anyway, if not the Phocas dynasty, then I'll probably go for the Hohenstaufen, or I'll be the Nakonid Dukes of Mecklenburg (during the very short time of 1066 that Gottschalk Nakonid can rule in his little corner of the Baltic).

The earliest start-date is september 1066, Gottschalk was killed in june 1066, so he is already dead.

The earliest start-date is september 1066, Gottschalk was killed in june 1066, so he is already dead.

Indeed, and isn't Mecklenburg pagan? Or is it just Pommerania? And did anyone else besides me notice that Mecklenburg is spelled Mecklemburg?

Mecklemburg is a duchy in the HRE. It's to the south of the pagans, where modern day Mecklenburg is.

I will mod or appoint myself the barony in Somerset. Technically I will also hold the county, but the other holdings will belong to somebody else in the beginning. Then I will build the castle for some decades, after which I expand with the use of the new relation and alliance system. The goal is to form the UK and get Jerusalem.

Last edited:
I believe, at game start, they are an independant Pagan Duchy.
In one of the beta Let's Plays out there, I recall Brandenburg, Saxony, and the entire Holy Roman Empire being at war with it at different times, and I believe their castles possessed a recruitment building unique to the pagans.

Wikipedia says:
"In the late 12th century, Henry the Lion, Duke of the Saxons, conquered the region, subjugated its local lords, and Christianized its people-"
So I would assume that prior to that, ingame, it would be represented as it was then.
In fact, I will eat my hat if Paradox misplaces an entire Duchy in an Empire it was not a part of at the time.

I'm thinking about the Duchy of Apulia. If possible, unite Italy under de Hautevilles and go crusading. A Norman Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Probably will start with a small duchy to learn the basics and familiarize myself with the game. After that, probably Sweden.

I'm going to play as the Pope because no matter which kingdom/empire you all wish to play as, you will all be serving me.

This has always been and will always be.

ANNVIT COEPTIS

VaticanApollo.jpg