• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In honor of my people - Duke of Connacht (or one of the counts in that duchy!)

After that...Leon or Castille (probably castille b/c I like that color better :p )

After that, Count of Carcassonne in France

After that, some Italian Count

After that, some Byzantine duke in Anatolia!

1st - Bolesław II th Bold of Poland - to see how it compares to CK1, which I played a lot as Piasts.

2nd - some south-western HRE duchy, with aim of becoming independent kingdom of Burgundy.

3rd - some minor count in France for some challenging game of rising from zero to hero.

1 - Flanders !! Rich and independant. And trying to see if new cities system puts spicy additional fun in this duchy full of struggling for (merchant) liberties towns!
2 - Poland or Novgorod and going faster than Teutonic Order to evangelize those baltic pagans (and take their lands, of course!)
3 - Campania or Apulia to take over Italy from the South (and maybe to manage to keep Dyrrachium and Epirus… and mainland Greece?!)

Harald Haaraade (king of norway) or one of his vassals and help him take over England :) After that, maybe Byzantine empire or duchy of austria i guess

Either Duke of Porto or an to be decided Byzantine Noble

My first game will most likely be with the Billung Dukes of Saxony.

Kingdom of Sweden, keeping it an Elective Monarchy without anyone exept king holding more than one duke title and the king ruling directly only his own ducal lands.

Then perhaps one of Irish rulers.

Probably a Count/Earl in England. See if I can start small and seize the throne and become ruler of Europe.

After I fail that horribly, I could see myself picking a higher rank starting point... HAHA

As always Britain (Although Vicky 2 broke that trend as I went for France.)

But I'm unsure who, should I choose the Anglo-Saxons, Scotland, Wales or maybe even William. The Anglo-Saxons sound like a nice new AH challenge I'd be interested in though.

I'm thinking of starting as a count in Poland, to get used to the new features.

Then try Duke of Polostok and create the Lithuanian Kingdom, possibly role play it too.

And finally being a a welsh count, plotting and marrying my way to King of Wales, with Highking of Britain as the inevitable end goal.

Personally I prefer playing counts, but I guess Toulouse is a options... creating the kingdom of Aquantine

Count of Corsica, Cagliari or Arborea, and try to unify Sardegna, create the duke title, try to ally with de Hauteville, conquer Sicily as Duke of Sardegna and become Duke of Sicily and eventually of Maiorca, and then start another game to try to take the control of Southern Italy from the Norman and create a Kingdom of Sicily wich wiil control the center of Mediterranean. Then, if I succeed, I'll see what to do (expansion in Maghreb ? in Northern Italy ?).

Mor historically, I would start in 1255 and play as Manfred of Sicily, to try to keep the Honestaufen as kings of Sicily...