• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Prince of Alania.

Survive.

I think you're the only other poster who's named Alania so far. Alania is in a good position for some Orthodox Crusades if you can build up. In CK1 I had an Alan empire that wrapped around the Black Sea: I managed to wipe the Cumans out, contain the Seljuks, and pick up most of the Byzantine Empire as it fell apart; I was busy coloring the Balkans when the Golden Horde crashed my party.

Last edited:
Hmm, I played as Duke of Bohemia in the Demo for a third time and it was fun. Definitely worth a few games. Just sitting back, not crusading and just letting myself learn. ^_^

I still have aspirations to become King of Jerusalem as a wee little Duchy.

Jerusalem's royal desmense IS IN BOHEMIA, DAMMIT! :p

I was unconvinced whether to buy it (and I'll probably get it through Steam because that would be much easier for me in the long-term, 'free' DLCs or not), but then I played the demo and loved it.

I've not really played CK1, so not very experienced, but I think I'd like to start as Duke of Bohemia, and solidifying myself as King of Bohemia, and also Duke of Bohemia and Moravia. I'd also try to institute elective succession, so I could choose my successors (seeming as I would hold the two ducal titles in the Kingdom). I'd spend probably a few decades improving the lands, getting the feel of the game, and so on. Then it'd be time to face outwards ;).

A small Irish county, preferable a young guy with no heirs to speak of or wife, so I can completely build everything from scratch, try to unite Ireland, then eventually move to the other Celtic nations and eventually England.

I'm going to have to modify in a British empire though. Or perhaps a Celtic empire and an Angevin one?

A small Irish county, preferable a young guy with no heirs to speak of or wife, so I can completely build everything from scratch, try to unite Ireland, then eventually move to the other Celtic nations and eventually England.

I'm going to have to modify in a British empire though. Or perhaps a Celtic empire and an Angevin one?

Sounds like a good idea. There should be a throne to be created for:

- Emperor of Angevin
- King of Britannica (since Britons = Brittany)
- King of Celts (united Scotland + Ireland + Cornwall + Wales?)

Earliest start date, probably a King or a Duke, no idea where. I just want to play this game TAKE MY MONEY PARADOX!

Sounds like a good idea. There should be a throne to be created for:

- Emperor of Angevin
- King of Britannica (since Britons = Brittany)
- King of Celts (united Scotland + Ireland + Cornwall + Wales?)
I want to be as historically plausible as possible though, and it appears that you can't split a kingdom over two different empires. Thinking along the lines of:
Britannia - England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, maybe recreate the Isles form DVIP?
Francia - France, Burgundy, and the Low Countries (Lotharingia) - maybe recreate Aquitainia from DVIP?
HRE - Germany, Italy
Now my problems with the above is that I think I'd be cool to have in place a Celtic empire for the British Isles, and one for an Anglo-Norman one (Great Britain/Angevin - but the latter is the name of a dynasty, which runs into plausibility problems).

Spain - Castille, Leon, Navarre, Aragon, etc.
Polish-Lithuania (want to think of a more natural name for it).
Rus needs to be an empire, and have 3-4 kingdoms inside it.
Kalmar Union? But want a non-anachronistic name for it.
Africa needs work with a Fatamid empire and an Almoravid empire.

I wish it were possible to enact "both genders are equal" thing in all areas, not just Navarra.

Damnit, It'd be fun to see a Basielia of Byzantium, Kaiserin of Holy Rome, Queen of Italy... Oy. -.-

The count of Maine ( yeah, I'm proud of my home city :ninja: ) ! After that, maybe an aglo-saxon baron, of an italian state ;) .
Oh, and, I Have pre-ordered the game !! Why I have to wait the 15 february ? T_T

EDIT : Where can I register my games ? (Yeah I'm a little lost ...)

Oh these indescisions, I've gone back to the orginal idea of Habsburg dominace again :p

I developed a pretty damn good strategy to come to power pretty fast as them, it helps when the game is just 20 years, and you have to develop some really aggressive strategies to survive.

I wish it were possible to enact "both genders are equal" thing in all areas, not just Navarra.

Damnit, It'd be fun to see a Basielia of Byzantium, Kaiserin of Holy Rome, Queen of Italy... Oy. -.-

i already modded this in my demo o.o really simple, though i haven't been able to implement/change the law to it yet, so i don't know if it works or not. i basically just removed the requirement for the culture and kept the rest as is and viola

After having an awesome game in the Demo:
Duke of Bohemia for me. With that you've got:
A pretty big and wealthy duchy. (I was able to field mercs for every single of my major wars)
You get to be king and still have the emperor as you protector against outside aggression. How awesome is that!
A huge family with which to scheme. (In the end I had marriage alliances with: The Byzantine Empire, the Kingdom of France, the dukes of Bavaria and Swabia and Lombardia as well as a betrothal of my eldest son to the daughter of the emperor^^)
Great opportunities to expand your influence by going crusading in the Baltics or take advantage of the low crown authority in the HRE and go nuclear on your neighbors. At the end of my Demo game I had conquered the entire Duchy of Meissen and of Pommeria and was set on going all "overmighty subject" on the emperor.

After I see whether I can relive those glories I'll probably go for the Byzantine Empire under the Komnenoi. Perhaps even as late 1185 and see if I can stop it's rapid decline after the death of Manuel I.

The Premyslid Dynasty - as the fall of Premysl Otakar II in the 13th century, resulting in Hapsburg gain of Austrian lands and meaning the end of dreams of Premyslid HRE is one of the events I hate in my country's history the most.