• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I shall go with the Italian Normans. Relatively separate from the continent but with an option to expand, a good place to test things out. Definitely will be attempting to get a betrothal between Mathilda and young Bohemund.

Another de Hauteville start here. Nice start to learn the game (though after many hours of watching LPs I find myself talking to the screen alot "why would you do that!"). Then on to County Mayo and the land of my ancestors. Might have to Mod the Costellos into the game, though, and yes, first son must always be named Elvis!

I was thinking about trying to reunite Irland ? , would be a good idea since irland has no king I think...

One of the things I've replayed most was starting as the duchy of the isles (or whatever it's called in ck1), then invade Ireland, unite it, and then take over Scotland xD

Asturias for sure, as my girlfriend's family from there says, "The only true Spain, the rest is conquered land."

Well, I was thinking... El Cid conquered Valencia in 1094... Will he be playable, or he is only a baron? Play as him would be epic!

Like Julyan, I loved to play Gisulf of Salerno in CK. I will play him again - if not first, then second. His ancestors will reign as Kings of Sicily (and Italy) again, that's for sure.

If there will be counts of bulgarian culture, I could imagine to start as one and rebuild the Bulgarian Kingdom from scratch.

And a member of the "von Wittelsbach" family in Bavaria is my option for an easy first try.

Last edited:
When thinking of it, and loving Macedonian history, I would love to be a count of Macedonia or in the region. I want to rebuild the kingdom and then conquer he empire of Rome, with them. But It will be hard..

Spartenos, the greek count of Napoli. Will try to recreate the western Roman Empire under a greek orthodox dynasty.

a lot of work here^^ especialy as a first game..

a lot of work here^^ especialy as a first game..

First i marry the Byzantine Emperor's daughter to secure an alliance with the Empire. Then i claim and annex the independent counties around Napoli. Then i'll go for Sicily against the muslims. When i have a little Italian land and the whole island of Sicily i will push out the Normans from Italy, and later expand into north africa. After that i will slowly secure the northern regions of Italy. All will fear the new Greko-Italian Empire.

Hope this plan works out. :)