• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I kind of hope for the ability to convert to EU3.

(I really pray for that one day. CK2 -> EU3 -> Vic2 -> HOI3, ultimate 900's to 1948 game.)

Norway will be my first nation. Mainly because I am from there, hehe. However, I really hope they fix the Norwegian counties before the release. They are all wrong and Trønderlag is awefully misplaced (trust me, I am Trondheim. A.k.a. Nidaros) in the gameplay video's I've seen on YouTube. I might be as bold as to say that; a quick peek at Wikipedia and a modern map might even do the trick. :happy:

Still, can't wait to get my hands on this game :)

As a consolation Norway isn't unique in that aspect :), (believe me I annoyed them with complaints about province borders too :)); so I guess that there eventually will be a map mod.

Norway will be my first nation. Mainly because I am from there, hehe. However, I really hope they fix the Norwegian counties before the release. They are all wrong and Trønderlag is awefully misplaced (trust me, I am Trondheim. A.k.a. Nidaros) in the gameplay video's I've seen on YouTube. I might be as bold as to say that; a quick peek at Wikipedia and a modern map might even do the trick. :happy:

Still, can't wait to get my hands on this game :)

As some one from Nord Møre I have to agree.

I'll start as the count of Skåne. If Skåne is held by a duke or the king, I'll grant it away to someone and restart.
Maybe mod whatever cheap dynasty that it gets granted to, mod in a few children to give it some fasade of an established smalltime nobility, if I have to.

Hopefully, there will be a startpoint somewhat early that will allow for the county of Skåne.

My favorite from Crusader Kings is the County of Salerno under the House of Cadorna, last of the Langobardi (Lombards).

In South Italy, everyody has reason to hate you and should you achieve to conquer it, you find that everybody in North Italy hates you now too. Achieve Italy, and the whole continent hates you. So... House Cadorna is a series of challanges starting right up in your face in 1066.

I was thinking about starting as the count of Lübeck and using holy war CBs to bring the pagans of Finland and the Baltics into the Christendom and at the same time carve a kingdom for myself. Alternatively start as Iceland and make Ireland Norwegian. But I'm not sure yet, there are so many interesting choices.

I kind of hope for the ability to convert to EU3.

(I really pray for that one day. CK2 -> EU3 -> Vic2 -> HOI3, ultimate 900's to 1948 game.)

This is what I want also. The devoted fans eventually produce such conversion utilities, and they become perfected right about the time a new version of one of the games comes out... So there is some good done by supporting a "Save as" function which truncates to any Paradox filetype. The larger end of that commitment is keeping them all connected as each is updated.

Yes, the ultimate is CK2 to EU3 to VIC2 to HOI3...

Rome to CK2 may be a hard call. There needs to be a Fall of the Roman Empire game (based upon Rome VV), and a Charlemagne Era game (based upon CK2). ...or maybe it could be covered by a single "Barbarians: xyz" series.

Well, I've recently been reading a book about Byzantium (that largely covers the timeline that this game takes place in), so I will most likely take my seat as Byzantine basileus to reverse the tragic destruction of the last remnant of Rome, or die trying, of course. After that, I'll probably be one of the southern German duchies or Eastern rulers.

Like many others, I like to keep my CK game goals aligned with the actual (or attempted) conquests of a particular territory. Conquering England as the Duke of Normandy seems to be popular. That being said, I'm going to start with the County of Barcelona. Gradually, from 1066 to 1453, they came to be the rulers of the Kingdoms of Aragon, Navarre, Mallorca, Sicily, Naples, and Sardinia. For a time, they were masters of southern France - Roussillon, Montpellier, Provence... they held parts of Castile. Catalans even held a significant part of Greece. The House of Barcelona's holdings were extensive and diverse. I can't wait to re-cerate their empire!