• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will play as Stannis Baratheon *nods*

I don't know, I'm certainly interested in this game. The easiest, perhaps?

I don't know, I'm certainly interested in this game. The easiest, perhaps?

Guess that depends. If you pick a really powerful character like a King or an Emperor you obviously wouldn't have many serious threats (if you keep your own realm stable), but at the same time you have a lot more variables at work, with several layers of vassals, being directly in charge of your top-tier diplomacy and laws etc. Whereas if you play a mere Count there would be fewer things to keep track of, but you'd be getting bossed around and be vulnerable to enemies (and don't pick something in like eastern Anatolia, since they're right about to get kicked around by the Turkish invasion). :)

I see. Does anybody know if there is a planned demo or somethin'?

To clarify: Presumably he means "No, we haven't been informed about one!", because Paradox-developed titles do tend to have demos released for them. I'd wager it'd be out sometime in the week before release, like Sengoku, if I were to guess, though.

there is a duke in Sweden that is still Norse in religion.

If I get the game, I will play as that dude and convert Europe to NORSE!!!
How much more badass could it get? NORSE HRE, rightfully norse England, Norse European union (for when I conquer all of Europe) hehe.

If I get the game, I will play as that dude and convert Europe to NORSE!!!
How much more badass could it get? NORSE HRE, rightfully norse England, Norse European union (for when I conquer all of Europe) hehe.

You can't play as any of the non christian religions though..

Might be possible with some modding, but not sure how stable that will be :)

Last edited:
You mean, you can't play as any of the NON-Christian religions

Unless, in vanilla, you have your heir educated/raised by a Pagan/Muslim and they happen to convert them. The game will keep your dynasty noted as Playable in your save-game no matter if they normally wouldn't be, since they're your characters. That's been confirmed by Paradox. :)

No prob, I think everyone understood what you meant ^^

My first game is going to be a 1066 post-Hastings game with either some Spanish duke/king (Galicia? Catalonia? Aragon?), or good old Apulia.

After those first baby steps I might either take Normandy in the 1066 pre-Hastings scenario or a Polish duke. I want to see what it's like with the big bad HRE next door :)

Probably as the Counts/Dukes of Savoie in some interesting year. Always have had a special love for them =).

An alternative would the king of Poland, or the Duke of Burgundy.

A small and not very powerful Norwegian count.

Norway will be my first nation. Mainly because I am from there, hehe. However, I really hope they fix the Norwegian counties before the release. They are all wrong and Trønderlag is awefully misplaced (trust me, I am Trondheim. A.k.a. Nidaros) in the gameplay video's I've seen on YouTube. I might be as bold as to say that; a quick peek at Wikipedia and a modern map might even do the trick. :happy:

Still, can't wait to get my hands on this game :)