+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: CK2 - Who will you play as first?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I was unconvinced whether to buy it (and I'll probably get it through Steam because that would be much easier for me in the long-term, 'free' DLCs or not), but then I played the demo and loved it.

I've not really played CK1, so not very experienced, but I think I'd like to start as Duke of Bohemia, and solidifying myself as King of Bohemia, and also Duke of Bohemia and Moravia. I'd also try to institute elective succession, so I could choose my successors (seeming as I would hold the two ducal titles in the Kingdom). I'd spend probably a few decades improving the lands, getting the feel of the game, and so on. Then it'd be time to face outwards .

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

A small Irish county, preferable a young guy with no heirs to speak of or wife, so I can completely build everything from scratch, try to unite Ireland, then eventually move to the other Celtic nations and eventually England.

I'm going to have to modify in a British empire though. Or perhaps a Celtic empire and an Angevin one?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by windsox View Post
    A small Irish county, preferable a young guy with no heirs to speak of or wife, so I can completely build everything from scratch, try to unite Ireland, then eventually move to the other Celtic nations and eventually England.

I'm going to have to modify in a British empire though. Or perhaps a Celtic empire and an Angevin one?
    Sounds like a good idea. There should be a throne to be created for:

- Emperor of Angevin
    - King of Britannica (since Britons = Brittany)
    - King of Celts (united Scotland + Ireland + Cornwall + Wales?)
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

Earliest start date, probably a King or a Duke, no idea where. I just want to play this game TAKE MY MONEY PARADOX!
    “Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” ~Karl Von Clausewitz~

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. There should be a throne to be created for:

- Emperor of Angevin
    - King of Britannica (since Britons = Brittany)
    - King of Celts (united Scotland + Ireland + Cornwall + Wales?)
    I want to be as historically plausible as possible though, and it appears that you can't split a kingdom over two different empires. Thinking along the lines of:
    Britannia - England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, maybe recreate the Isles form DVIP?
    Francia - France, Burgundy, and the Low Countries (Lotharingia) - maybe recreate Aquitainia from DVIP?
    HRE - Germany, Italy
    Now my problems with the above is that I think I'd be cool to have in place a Celtic empire for the British Isles, and one for an Anglo-Norman one (Great Britain/Angevin - but the latter is the name of a dynasty, which runs into plausibility problems).

Spain - Castille, Leon, Navarre, Aragon, etc.
    Polish-Lithuania (want to think of a more natural name for it).
    Rus needs to be an empire, and have 3-4 kingdoms inside it.
    Kalmar Union? But want a non-anachronistic name for it.
    Africa needs work with a Fatamid empire and an Almoravid empire.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I wish it were possible to enact "both genders are equal" thing in all areas, not just Navarra.

Damnit, It'd be fun to see a Basielia of Byzantium, Kaiserin of Holy Rome, Queen of Italy... Oy. -.-
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

In the eternal city ... Wait, is Le Mans an eternal city ?
    The count of Maine ( yeah, I'm proud of my home city ) ! After that, maybe an aglo-saxon baron, of an italian state .
    Oh, and, I Have pre-ordered the game !! Why I have to wait the 15 february ? T_T

EDIT : Where can I register my games ? (Yeah I'm a little lost ...)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

I changed my mind on what country to start. Iceland is playable! Will play the Count on western side.
    The Court of His Grace, Louis the Second, King of Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia in Medieval RPG

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Oh these indescisions, I've gone back to the orginal idea of Habsburg dominace again :P

I developed a pretty damn good strategy to come to power pretty fast as them, it helps when the game is just 20 years, and you have to develop some really aggressive strategies to survive.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    I wish it were possible to enact "both genders are equal" thing in all areas, not just Navarra.

Damnit, It'd be fun to see a Basielia of Byzantium, Kaiserin of Holy Rome, Queen of Italy... Oy. -.-
    i already modded this in my demo o.o really simple, though i haven't been able to implement/change the law to it yet, so i don't know if it works or not. i basically just removed the requirement for the culture and kept the rest as is and viola

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

In the eternal city ... Wait, is Le Mans an eternal city ?
    I have forgotten : With my italian noble (surely a Hauteville), I will send my good normans in Byzantium to kill their good byzantines, for win the Latin Crown !

Lord Protector of Britain Lord Valentine's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Göttingen, Prince-Electorat of Hannover, Germany
    After having an awesome game in the Demo:
    Duke of Bohemia for me. With that you've got:
    A pretty big and wealthy duchy. (I was able to field mercs for every single of my major wars)
    You get to be king and still have the emperor as you protector against outside aggression. How awesome is that!
    A huge family with which to scheme. (In the end I had marriage alliances with: The Byzantine Empire, the Kingdom of France, the dukes of Bavaria and Swabia and Lombardia as well as a betrothal of my eldest son to the daughter of the emperor^^)
    Great opportunities to expand your influence by going crusading in the Baltics or take advantage of the low crown authority in the HRE and go nuclear on your neighbors. At the end of my Demo game I had conquered the entire Duchy of Meissen and of Pommeria and was set on going all "overmighty subject" on the emperor.

After I see whether I can relive those glories I'll probably go for the Byzantine Empire under the Komnenoi. Perhaps even as late 1185 and see if I can stop it's rapid decline after the death of Manuel I.
    Take a look at my AARs

Praise the Lord! I've been canonized!

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

The Premyslid Dynasty - as the fall of Premysl Otakar II in the 13th century, resulting in Hapsburg gain of Austrian lands and meaning the end of dreams of Premyslid HRE is one of the events I hate in my country's history the most.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs, 3rd in the 2014 Q3 ACAs.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21