Some help in The stars are left

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Oneyr

Corporal
40 Badges
Nov 16, 2011
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Surviving Mars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi there !

I am blocked a some points in the new campaign mode. You help would be enjoyable, if you know how to do !
- In the first level, there's a Magick hidden in a tree after the door that traps a PNJ. How to get it ?
- In the second level, there's a Magick hidden on a cliff on the left. How to reach it ?
- In the third level, I can't leave the first room on the left (which contains the anti-tentacle interruptor) after having entered it. Is it a bug ? If not, how to come back ?

Thank you for your help !

Last edited:
Answer to myself :)D) : I found how to get the first level's Magick. You have to put mines under the tree and walk on it ; click on the Magick while flying ; get the fairy (or a partner) before !

Edit : and I found too haw to get the second level's Magick. One of the player has to use the new robe and to open the north barrier just before the cliff. Then, founding the Magick is easy.

I still seek help for the other points :/

Last edited:
Answer to myself :)D) : I found how to get the first level's Magick. You have to put mines under the tree and walk on it ; click on the Magick while flying ; get the fairy (or a partner) before !

Its enough to hit the tree with a powered DDDDD combination (don't know if it has to be that strong, but it worked for me), it'll shake and the book falls down :D

I finally reached Cthulhu ! To leave the bugged room, I used a line of arcane mines and a sprint.

On Cthulhu (very difficult fight btw, well done to the devs :D), I have some real difficulties, especially when he summons Dagon. Usually, I kill Dagon by puting some fire walls every where and kiting him ; but here, it isn't possible because of the tentacles and pink orbs. Does someone have a tip ?..

Oneyr, i've not got as far as him summoning Dagon :( i guess that boss gets harder....
well i found a counter for all his attacks so far but no effective way to nuke him sides qfasa beams ¬_¬ Lame. as i hate beams
but i guess i could ice bomb the water around him and Icewall of death ....

Cthulhu was a very hard boss fight, but I get the feeling it's exponentially easier the more players you have. I found myself using Rock Walls (DE) heaps, as well as having Rock Armour on all the time (DE selfcast). The armour stops you from being knocked over by damage from tentacles and minions or interrupted by his Lightning attack. The Rock Walls will block the homing red orbs, and if you cast it in front of yourself you won't be sucked in by his ...sucking attack. Since he's not a grounded enemy the best attacks to use are Beams (your choice really, I used QFQFQFAS since he can't be wet) and Iceballs (QRQRQRQRD). The only problems I had was if a tentacle grabbed me when a red orb was chasing me, or if I went into the centre and got confused.

I was up to the part where Dagon came in and either I wasn't watching the health bar or it glitched, because Cthulhu randomly died. Oh well.

EDIT: @tuggray, you can't summon barriers on frozen water sadly. I hated using beams too, but since he gains a physical shield whenever you hit him you can't only use charged Iceballs.

I've finally won against Cthulhu ! Here is the strategy that I used :
- I used the classical robe with a frozen sword and the staff allowing to cast electric spells while wet, but that isn't capital.
- Immediately start the fight by casting Sprint and Electric armor (AE on self).
- Always have this armor active on you.
- Always avoid the center of the arena. You don't want to become mad nor poisoned !
- Most of time, stay on a side next/close to Cthulhu. For example, if he's on the north side, stay on the north west or north est side. At this position, he cannot suck you.
- If Cthulhu summons Deep ones, you have to leave this position. Kill only one Deep one, and let Cthulhu suck the other.
- Use a fire heal on you when you're wet, obviously.
- Don't hit Cthulhu with beams ; in place of that, spam the Thunderchain Magick (AAA). Really quicker and stronger !
- Your major target isn't Cthulhu, nor the Deep ones. Yep, strangely, your main target has to be the tentacles ! They don't come back sooo quickly. You can't fight Cthulhu well if there's more than two tentacles in the arena. Use AAA to kill several tentacles in one only spell (with a bit of luck).
- If a tentacle catchs you sucessfully (but that shouldn't happen if you focus the tentacles), spam heal on yourself ; you can survive.
- When Cthulhu sends an orb, use a normal shield in face of you or on yourself to absorb it instantly.

With this strategy and a bit of experience, you will have no difficulty to reach the last 25% of Cthulhu's HP. Here, he will summon Dagon.
- Don't even try to hit Dagon. Just avoid him.
- Use Sprint CONSTANTLY.
- Hit the tentacles even more often.
- Hit Cthulhu when you can.

At a moment, with a bit of luck, Dagon will jump into the water and suicide himself... If he does so, the fight is won.

By the way, the second robe is unlocked after beating Cthulhu, so it's not a bug if you don't see hit !

Last edited:
Hm, that seems like sound advice. I also found that feeding Cthulhu a rock (or a deep one) when he is sucking in air, will stop that behavior. It's quicker then making a wall. I hadn't gotten past Dagon, but I will try your tactics tonight :).

Hey guys

Is there something special to do with the mine trick in the bugged tentacle room? How that line has to be placed or someting?
So far, I've tried it for more than half an hour, and all I got were several more or less inventive ways
of killing myself by hitting the ground very hard...
Hope there's a fix soon, otherwise I'm soon going to take bite out of my keyboard from sheer frustration ...

bugged tentacle room? None of them seemed bugged to me? The main hall you mean?

Anyway, I just completed it! Love the new robe. But the "water repellent" part doesn't seem to work correctly.

Hey guys

Is there something special to do with the mine trick in the bugged tentacle room? How that line has to be placed or someting?
So far, I've tried it for more than half an hour, and all I got were several more or less inventive ways
of killing myself by hitting the ground very hard...
Hope there's a fix soon, otherwise I'm soon going to take bite out of my keyboard from sheer frustration ...

The first room at left seems really bugged to me, since the only way to leave it is to use a mine trick in the exit's direction (which is deeply stupid). However, this room hasn't any tentacle in it (just a decorative one), so I guess that you're talking about the extreme north-est room, where there is a sword in a tentacle. It is true that this room is bugged (in the same manner than the other, although I didn't even try to leave it by using a mine trick), but only if you enter in it by the Magick's corner entrance. If you enter in it by the middle est room, there's no bug, you can continue in it or leave it freely.

If you're really talking about the south-west room, try putting the mines like a line and then running on them with Sprint.

If your question is about the air puzzle, I guess that you should try some earth spells ;)

@Oneyr

I meant the one in the southwest. Okay, then I'll try some more to get out of it again.
Its a stupid bug though, I wonder why no one noticed that in testing.

The room with the sword-struck tentacle across the way is easy even if you come in from the magicks location: just use sprint and levitate to land on the slope of the tentacle and run upwards, you can go around it that way.

No, I used shield walls for the air puzzle :)

Got out of the bugged exit now: Problem was that I used the Space Marine robe, seemed I was too slow to use the mine break out.

Regarding Cthulhu:

I had my fair share of trouble with Dagon in the mix, hopefully he'll water himself in
one of my next attempts. When caught by a tentacle however, I figured that heal spam is very ineffective. Instead, cast QFASA as nova one or two times and it'll let you go.

I got rid of dagon really quickly by casting levitate and haste when he appeared and then just running out over the water. He tries to follow you and drowns himself. Run back to the platform and continue to prepare your calamari.

@zenstar: I killed him in Chapter Two like that. I wonder why I didn't think of it then.

By the way, if you can tolerate the reduced speed, having a light Rock or Ice Armour active is better than a Lightning Ward. You can take hits from tentacles without being knocked over (or taking health damage), and Cthulhu's Lightning spray will just tickle you.

Using a self rock shield is another strategy. It is viable, but I mean, it is completely different. The movement speed malus changes the whole thing. So you have to make a choice between the two strategies.

When caught by tentacle, the self heal only prevents you to die (if no orb is close). It doesn't free you. So, thank you for your idea, Samuraiburger !

I just want to remind the mods that the problem with leaving the 1st room on the left in the 3rd level still isn't fixed.
What is the actual issue? I don't think I've encountered it.
Is it the room where Vlad talks about the orb? And you need to get to the end, activate it and get back past all the deep ones?
The room that gets cut off with a blast of water when you later activate another orb?

you can slow down the dagon with a arare combo which you then enchant to your sword (not my idea got it from a walk-through). also you can kill your self then while they fairy revives you, you can freely walk through the water for the first door (dosn't matter that much about the fairy as it gives you another when you enter the room).

What is the actual issue? I don't think I've encountered it.
Is it the room where Vlad talks about the orb? And you need to get to the end, activate it and get back past all the deep ones?
The room that gets cut off with a blast of water when you later activate another orb?
Yes, that is that room. When you enter in it you can leave it only by using mines and sprint, even after having activated the orb and killed all the present monsters.

Oh, and, by the way, the second chapter's woman still causes the game to crash when we talk to her !